事实证明 有人觉得
As it turns out, someone thought
她才是监视的那个人
she was the one doing the spying.
我要跟你说多少次
How many times I gotta tell you,
你不能待在这里
you can't be here.
我现在离你的建筑工地有多远
How far am I from your construction site?
300多米
A thousand feet?
我没有打扰到任何人
I'm not bothering anyone,
据我了解 哈德逊河
and the last time I checked, the Hudson River
是公共财产
was public property.
那帮我们一个忙 你跳下去吧
Then do us both a favor and jump in.
因为你站的地方是私有土地
'Cause the land you're standing on is private property.
听着 每次你来这里
Look, every time you come out here,
我的老板们都要我把你赶走
my bosses are gonna make me chase you away.
-我哪里都不会去的 -女士
- I'm not going anywhere. - Lady...
这些人 他们不是开玩笑的
these guys, they don't mess around.
下次他们就不会再叫保安出来了
Okay, next time, they won't send a guard.
他们会派一个他们的人
They'll send one of their people,
对你来说绝不是一件好事 相信我
and it won't turn out well for you-- trust me.
而当她继续无视他时 他就离开了
Now, when she continues to ignore him, he goes away.
但我有个理论解释他的雇主们为何如此紧张
But I have a theory as to why his employers were so troubled.
这是韦斯勒女士的检测结果
These are the results of Ms. Wexler's tests.
重金属含量 铅 砷
Levels of heavy metals-- lead, arsenic,
镉 铜
cadmium, copper--
都超过了环保署的指标
well above EPA levels.
所以你觉得这些工地背后的人
So, you think the people behind the construction site
在往河里倒废料
were dumping waste into the river.
你确定这些检测结果准确吗
Are you sure these results are accurate?
我不确定 所以我要把它们交给
I'm not, so I'm about to bring them
我的非常规同性恋[盖伊]
to my Irregular Gay.
听起来不大对
That didn't sound right.
她不是我的非常规同性恋
She's not my irregular gay.
她的名字叫盖伊 她是非常规军
Her name is Gay, and she is an Irregular.
我知道 她是我介绍给你的
I know. I introduced her to you.
但这是水污染
But this is about water pollution.
她是个地质学家
She's a geologist.
但她的次要研究方向是水文地质学
But her subspeciality is hydrogeology.
不幸的是 这些视频
Now, unfortunately, these videos
都没有拍摄到问题工地
never captured the site in question
或其标志 所以我想
or any of its signage, so I thought,
我去找盖伊的时候 你可以去一趟
while I'm with Gay, you could visit
达切斯郡建筑安♥全♥局♥
the Dutchess County Department of Buildings and Safety,
因为问题工地应该会
because the site in question would've
在他们那里有备案
had to log paperwork with them.
来看看
Let's see.
FN10970-1B包裹
Parcel FN10970-1B,
lot 993482,
河东岸
east bank of the river.
这里说执照登记在黄玉谷工业公♥司♥的名下
Says here that permit was issued to Topaz Valley Industries.
我能取一份拷贝吗
Any chance I could get a copy?
-当然 -谢谢
- Sure. - Thanks.
你知道你是最近第二个
Did you know that you're the second person
问起那份包裹的人吗
to ask about that parcel recently?
是吗
Am I?
上周还有一个女人来过
Another woman came in last week.
她的名字不会是劳伦·韦斯勒吧
Her name wasn't Lauren Wexler, by any chance, was it?
听上去像
Sounds right.
但最后是我上司帮她的
But my boss is the one who ended up helping her.
皮克令先生
Mr. Pickering?
你还记得那个来问
Do you remember the woman that came in to ask
河边工地的女人吗
about the construction going on by the river?
她的名字叫劳伦对吧
Her name was Lauren, right?
对
That's right.
有什么我可以帮你的吗
Something I can help you with?
我是跟警方合作的
I work with the police.
韦斯勒女士几天前被杀了
Ms. Wexler was murdered a few days ago.
-天啊 -我们认为这可能跟
- Oh, my. - We think it might have
你们颁发许可证的这家企业有关
something to do with the company that you issued this permit to.
她有提到
Did she say why
她为什么想查他们吗
she was looking into them?
玛卓瑞 你介意帮一下
Marjorie, would you mind helping
那边那位先生吗
this gentleman over here, please?
谢谢
Thank you.
我会告诉你我知道的一切
Look, I'll tell you everything I know,
但是拜托不要提到我的名字
but please, you just gotta keep my name out of it.
为什么
Why is that?
那天韦斯勒女士来的时候 我告诉过她
When Ms. Wexler came in, I told her
她一定要小心
she has to be careful.
黄玉谷工业公♥司♥很危险
Topaz Valley Industries is dangerous.
此话怎讲
What do you mean?
批准施工许可需要时间
Approving construction permits takes time.
我们才开始办理几个月
We were only a few months into our process.
有天晚上我正要离开办公室
I was leaving the office one night,
一个戴着滑雪面具的男人
and a man in a ski mask put a gun
用枪抵在我的脑后
to the back of my head.
说黄玉谷工业公♥司♥的许可证
He told me the permit
必须要在这周内签发
for Topaz Valley had to be issued
不然的话他就会回来
by the end of the week, or he'd be back.
我第二天上班的时候
I came in the next morning,
就强行批准了
and I forced the permit through.
你是跟警方合作的
Look, you work with the police,
所以我或许不应该跟你说这些
so I probably don't have to tell you this.
犯罪集团和建筑业
Organized crime and the construction business,
他们有时会有一些有意思的合作
they got a funny way of going together sometimes.
你还在盖伊的办公室吗
Hey, are you still at Gay's office?
不 我在劳伦·韦斯勒
No, I'm at the site where Lauren Wexler
测试默玛的工地
was testing her MERMA.
为什么
Why?
盖伊看了看数据
Gay took one look at the data
说她需要一些实地检测
and said she needed to do some on-site testing.
我们测好了以后就直接去分局
Once we're done, we have to go directly to the precinct.
即使水里有重金属
Even if there are heavy metals in the water,
我们也不能证明是从工地来的
we can't prove they came from the construction site.
那工地很奇怪
Funny thing about that construction site.
已经废弃了
It's abandoned.
什么都没建造出来就撤了
The work has moved on without building a thing.
这说不通 我刚跟人谈过
That doesn't make any sense. I just spoke to someone
他说土地所有者还派人威胁要杀他
who said the people who own the land threatened to kill him
除非他签发施工许可证
unless he issued a construction permit.
那是个幌子
Yeah, it was a cover.
是为了把他们的卡车停在那儿
It was a reason for their trucks to be there.
他们根本没施工
They never did any construction.
也没有往河里倒任何东西
Nor did they dump anything in the river.
正相反 他们从河里拿走了一些东西
In fact, quite the opposite. They took something out.
他们从河里提取了沙子
They were siphoning sand.
你在说什么
What are you talking about?
我说的是地球上
I'm talking about one of
最抢手的一种自然资源
the most in-demand natural resources on the planet.
沙子对于混凝土
Sand is an essential ingredient in concrete,
洗涤剂 硅晶片都是必不可少的
detergent, silicon chips,
但市场上的沙子是有限的
but its supply is finite.
所以身在相关行业的人
So those in the business of sand are always looking
总在寻找新的方法 新的地方来获得沙子
for new ways and new places to extract it.
你觉得劳伦·韦斯勒是因为这个被杀的
You think that's why Lauren Wexler was killed?
她发现了黄玉谷工业公♥司♥在做什么
She figured out what Topaz Valley was doing?
是的 我还觉得如果我们不尽快采取行动
I do. I also think it's the reason
还会有数百人可能会因此而死
that hundreds more might die if we don't act quickly.
什么意思
What do you mean?
从河床提取沙子的人
I mean the men who were working here
由于提取过量
siphoned enough sand from the riverbed
使得我面前这座桥的
to destabilize the support piers
桥梁支墩变得不稳定了
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表