ATF setting up shop inside an existing company?
老问题 新办法
New solution to an old problem.
诱捕行动并不容易
Running a sting operation isn't easy.
烟草走私贩可不会随便找人进货
Cigarette smugglers don't want to buy from just anyone.
你得有个他们听说过的生意
You gotta have a business that they've heard of.
得有个有背景的人
You gotta have someone with a history.
所以你就借用了一个背景
So you borrowed a history.
峰存公♥司♥
Summit-Stow's.
你自称是他们的人来购买♥♥烟草
You buy cigarettes as them,
再卖♥♥给走私贩好实施诱捕
you send them on to smugglers in order to enact your stings.
所以当我们的受害人吉尔伯特·范姆
So when our vic, Gilbert Pham,
注意到有额外的货物
noticed there was extra inventory
在通过码头进行运送时
moving through the loading dock,
他发现的其实是你们的行动
what he'd actually stumbled onto was your operation.
这让我有个疑问
Which begs the question...
你们希望会发生什么
what did you expect to happen when, uh,
如果峰存公♥司♥和更大的企业合并的话
Summit-Stow merged with a larger company?
我们希望瓦什本烟草
We expected that Washburn Tobacco
根本就注意不到我们
would never even notice us.
但我得说清楚
Though, to be clear,
我们没想隐瞒什么
there was nothing that we were trying to hide.
我的意思是 至少没想对好人隐瞒
I mean, not from the good guys, anyway.
也许没有吧
Maybe not.
但大烟草公♥司♥和烟酒火器管理局可不算伙伴
But Big Tobacco and the ATF aren't exactly pals.
你有没有想过如果瓦什本烟草发现
Did it occur to you that if Washburn found out
你们在他们最近收♥购♥的企业里安插了人
you were working inside their new acquisition,
他们可以直接让你们滚蛋
they could just tell you to ship out?
让三年的卧底工作付之东流
Undo three years of undercover work?
我们想到了
It occurred to us.
如果瓦什本让我们收拾东西走人
And if Washburn had asked us to pack it up,
我们会尽可能地进行抓捕
we would have made whatever arrests we could
然后撤了这个案子
and taken the case down.
我们不是按表现来拿薪水的 警监
We don't get paid on performance, Captain.
而且我们绝不会为了保护一次诱捕行动
And we certainly wouldn't have killed someone
-而杀人 -那罗威尔先生呢
- to protect a sting operation. - What about Mr. Lowell?
他从合并中收获不少 不是吗
He had a lot to gain from the merger, didn't he?
也许他认为你们的行动
Perhaps he thought your operation
是个值得为之杀人的秘密
was a secret worth killing over.
我不这么想 但你可以问问他
I don't see it, but you can ask him.
我们会的 我们的同事
We will. Our colleagues are
此刻正在去找他谈话的路上
on their way to speak to him right now.
相信我 我昨天就想
Believe me, I wanted to tell you
把一切都告诉你们 我只是
all of this yesterday, but I-I just
当时不觉得这些事和范姆先生
didn't think it had anything to do
被杀有什么关系 我现在仍不觉得
with Mr. Pham's murder. I still don't.
而且巴克西探员不想暴露他的卧底身份
And Agent Bakshi didn't want to blow his cover.
后来 他和埃文涅尔探员
Later on, he and Agent Evaneer
说他们会告诉你们真♥相♥
said that they were gonna tell you the truth.
我让我的办公室主管玛姬
I asked Maggie, my office manager,
飞回来了 给你们看我们给范姆看的东西
to fly out here and show you what we showed Pham.
全部的会计文件
All of the accounting files
和装卸码头的监控录像
and the security videos from the loading dock.
为什么要看录像
Why the videos?
因为他们把一切都清理干净了
Because they clear everything up.
视频显示了
They show how Agent Bakshi
在我们处理合法的生意时
only sold his cigarettes to smugglers,
巴克西探员是如何把香烟卖♥♥给走私贩的
while our guys handled legitimate business.
-从这里开始可以吗 -可以
- Should I start with that? - Yeah.
英国斗牛犬
English bulldogs.
我的宝贝们 我知道这么叫它们
My babies. I know calling them that
-会显得我很古怪 -我的搭档
- makes me weird. - Well, my partner
会把毛衣盖在我们养的乌龟身上
puts wool cozies on our tortoise.
你离古怪还差得远呢
You're not even approaching weird.
所以范姆问过你那些额外的库存
So Pham asked you about the extra inventory?
是的 他提到过
Yeah, he flew out.
我们解释了整件事
We explained the whole thing.
我们以为已经解决了
We thought it was resolved.
你是说你告诉了范姆
Are you saying that you told Pham
烟酒火器管理局的事
about the ATF?
你不觉得这很冒险吗
Don't you think that was risky?
如果瓦什本烟草发现了
When Washburn Tobacco found out about it,
有可能会毁了整个合并
it could have blown the whole merger.
是的 我也担心过这个
Yeah, I worried about that,
可范姆一开始问问题
but once Pham started asking questions,
我就不觉得自己还有选择的余地了
I didn't think I had a choice.
另一种情况就是瓦什本会认为我们是骗子
The alternative was Washburn would think we were crooks.
那样他们也不会帮助销♥售♥了
That wouldn't have helped the sale, either.
烟酒火器管理局发现
What did the ATF say once they found out
范姆知情后是什么反应
that Pham knew about them?
你没告诉他们
You didn't tell them.
也许我该告诉他们 我不知道
Maybe I should have. I don't know.
说实话 这些人总是让我很害怕
Truth is that those guys have always scared me.
所以你不是自愿
So, you didn't just volunteer
让他们在峰存公♥司♥行动的
to let them set up at Summit-Stow.
他们有你的把柄
They had something on you.
几年前 巴克西和埃文涅尔带着
A few years back, Bakshi and Evaneer showed up with proof
走私贩从我们这里买♥♥货的证据出现
that smugglers were already buying from us
当时我们正在另寻出路
and we were looking the other way.
他们说如果不合作 他们就把事情闹大
Told me that they'd raise hell unless we'd cooperate.
看看这个
Check this out.
巴克西刚完成了一次买♥♥卖♥♥
Bakshi just finished a sale.
几分钟后 这个家伙开车进来了
Few minutes later, this guy drove up.
没错 那是埃文涅尔探员
Yeah, that's Agent Evaneer.
他也是卧底吗
Was he working undercover, too?
不 只有巴克西探员是
No. Just Agent Bakshi.
车不错
Nice rides.
不错
Nice?
这是宝马M7
That's a BMW M7,
那是保时捷911涡轮系列
and that's a Porsche 911 Turbo.
这些都是十五万美元的车
Those are $150,000 cars.
也许你可以为巴克西的车开脱
Maybe you could write off Bakshi's car
说是为了让他看起来更像自己扮演的角色
to him wanting to look the part he's playing,
可埃文涅尔又有什么理由
but what's Evaneer's excuse?
他们从峰存公♥司♥拿的现金
The cash they take in is kept separate
是分开存放的 对吗
from Summit-Stow, right?
你知道那些钱都去哪儿了吗
Any idea where it all goes?
他们 上交给政♥府♥了
They... turn it over to the government.
不是吗
Don't they?
来点什么
What can I get you?
你是店主吗
You the owner?
如果我是 我就有健康保险了
If I was, I'd have health insurance.
他去度假了
He's on vacation.
你知道那幅画是从哪儿来的吗
Do you know where that picture came from?
有一些是用来卖♥♥的
Some of these are for sale.
如果你感兴趣的话我可以告诉店主
I can let the owner know if you're interested.
我想留一条信息给她
I'd like to get a message to her.
告诉她我想谈谈
Tell her I want to talk.
我没听到你进来的声音
I didn't hear you come in.
这些是你从峰存公♥司♥拿来的录像 对吗
These are the videos you got from Summit-Stow, correct?
能看到你和马库斯看到的
Can see what you and Marcus saw.
除了他们的豪车之外
Aside from their fancy cars,
巴克西探员的鞋子是普拉达的
Agent Bakshi's shoes are Prada.
埃文涅尔探员的表是百达翡丽的
Agent Evaneer's watch is a Patek Philippe.
单是这表
It alone is worth more than
就比他们的年薪加起来还贵
their annual salaries combined.
这也许是我见过最典型的
Might be the most conspicuous "conspicuous consumption"
夸耀性消费了
I've ever seen.
我粗略估计了下
I did some rough math.
根据它们卖♥♥的香烟数量
Based on the volume of cigarettes they've sold
以及过去三年里
and the fact that they've been up and running
他们一直在从事的活动
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表