Who?
那个我们刚刚一直说的受感染的死者
The infected cadaver we've been talking about.
我刚刚说了我做的事情是见不得光的
I-I just told you I'm doing something I shouldn't do.
又不会留记录和收据什么的
It's not like I keep a travel log and receipts.
我不知道尸体都来自哪里
I-I don't know which bodies came from where.
天
Hell...
我通常尽力忘掉这些事情
...I do my best not to remember.
那就把你交易的所有地方都写下来
Then write down all the places you have deals with.
这个我能做到
That I can do.
但这个单子 会很长
But it's, uh, it's gonna be a long list.
我叫迈克
Hi. My name is Michael.
我有毒瘾
Uh, I'm an addict.
你好 迈克
Hey, Michael.
我认识一个戒毒项目里的朋友
So, well, I, uh, I have this friend in the program,
我非常敬佩他
guy I really admire.
他 努力接受治疗 参加互助会
He, uh, works the steps, comes to meetings.
但最近 我能看出来他在苦苦挣扎
But, uh, recently I can tell he's been struggling.
于是 几周前
So, a few weeks ago,
我让他参与一个项目以便让他有事做不要闲着
I put him onto a project to keep him occupied.
但并没有奏效
It didn't work.
感觉我做什么也无法引起他的注意
It's like there's nothing I can do to get his attention,
把他拉回正轨
to pull him back.
你们知道的 我们来到这里
You know, um, we come to these rooms
寻求帮助和给予帮助
to get help and to give help.
有时候并不会奏效
Sometimes it doesn't work.
我知道你们觉得我应该顾好我自己这一边
I know you're thinking I should mind my side of the street,
担心一下我自己 但
worry about myself, but...
我做不到
...I can't.
现在不行
Not yet.
如果我得弄出更大动静 那我就去做
If I need to get louder, I'll get louder.
但我一定会确保我的朋友听见我的话
But I'm going to make sure my friend hears me.
我给你倒了杯茶
So, I brought you some tea.
谢谢
Thank you.
很晚了
It's late.
我特意让你睡懒觉的
So, I let you sleep in,
但我已经起来有一会了 在思索一个新理论
but I have been up for a while, working on a new theory.
-我听着呢 -如果埃里克·罗素的身体
- Yes, I am listening. - So, what if Eric Russo's body
可以抵御H7N5病毒呢
was able to fight off the H7N5 virus?
我记得你说过那是不可能的
I thought you said that was impossible.
我是说过 因为此前从未有过先例
I did because it's never happened before,
但如果埃里克就是第一例呢
but what if Eric was the first?
如果属实 他的身体将价值数百万美元
If he was, it would make his body worth millions.
现在我彻底醒了 继续说
Now I'm awake. Continue.
于是我调查了一下埃里克的生活轨迹
So, I've been doing some research into Eric's life
我注意到他曾在中国待过几年
and I noticed that he spent a couple of years in China,
在发现H7N5病例的那个省教英语
teaching English in the same province where H7N5 is found.
于是我给那边的学校打了电♥话♥ 他们证实了
So I called the school and they confirmed
他在任教期间得过一次重感冒
that he came down with a bad flu while he was there.
大家都以为只不过是普通感冒
Now, everyone just assumed it was a mild strain
因为他安然无恙地活下来了
because he survived.
但你觉得他得的是H7N5
But you think it was H7N5.
当你罹患病毒感染并痊愈
When you recover from a virus,
你的身体就会产生可以对抗后续感染的抗体
your system develops antibodies to fight off future infections.
所以如果他曾感染H7N5并幸存了下来
So, if he had survived H7N5 once before,
他身体里就依然有可以对抗此病毒的抗体
he would still have the antibodies to combat it.
在纽约二次感染并不会对他造成伤害
A second exposure in New York would not have hurt him
因为他已经免疫了
'cause he would have been immune.
严格说来 他还是会感染病毒
Well, technically, he still would have caught the virus,
但症状会变得非常轻微
but his symptoms could've been so mild
以至于都不会被注意到
that they would have gone unnoticed.
没错 然而病毒会依然存在于他体内
Right. And yet the virus would still be in his system, eh,
意味着他还是可以传染其他人
meaning he could still infect other people,
即便是在死后
even when dead.
如果你的猜想没错
If you're right,
那就能解决我们之前自相矛盾的悖论
that would resolve our paradox
并且重建我们关于那两起谋杀动机的理论
and restore our theory of motive for the two murders.
我觉得意义不止于此
I think it does more than that.
我读了一些关于
So, I've been reading some of the work
感冒疫苗的研究文章
they've been doing on flu vaccines.
有一个理论提到极度致死的
Now, there is a theory that antibodies from a survivor
感冒病毒幸存者所拥有的抗体
of a particularly deadly flu could be used
可以用来研发能预防所有流感的
to develop a universal flu vaccine,
通用流感疫苗
one capable of preventing all flus.
也就是你说的价值数百万美元
Hence the millions of dollars you were talking about.
不管是谁开♥发♥出了这种疫苗
Whoever developed such a vaccine
都将坐享巨额的财富回报
would enjoy significant financial reward,
而埃里克·罗素身上的抗体就显得极为珍贵了
and Eric Russo's antibodies would be quite the prize.
问题是 要获取他身上的抗体
The thing is, getting access to his antibodies
得先征得他的同意
would have required his consent.
这可不是你能在他不知情的情况下完成的事
It's not something you could do without his knowing.
需要的血液量太多了
You would need too much blood.
所以你觉得有人跟他进行了接触
So, you think perhaps someone approached him
而他拒绝参与疫苗的开♥发♥
and he refused to participate?
或者他们不愿意把未来会挣到的钱
Or maybe they didn't feel like sharing
平分给他
all the money they were gonna make.
不管怎样
Either way,
他们不得不杀了他以达到目的
they had to kill him to get what they wanted.
我们这位嫌疑人必须得同时具有
Our suspect would have to have just the right combination
专业知识和资源
of expertise and resources.
结果看来
As it turns out,
马库斯和我昨天刚好见过一位这样的人
Marcus and I just met someone like that yesterday.
谁
Who?
你手上那篇论文的作者
The author of that paper you're holding.
塞尔斯基博士 我们在卫♥生♥部♥见过的那位女士
Dr. Selsky, the woman we talked to at the D.O.H.?
你们认为是她杀害了埃里克·罗素
You think she killed Eric Russo
这样她就能拿到血样并凭借其中的抗体大赚一笔
so she could take his blood and get rich off his antibodies?
实际上 她可能都不需要用到他的血样
In fact, she probably didn't even bother with his blood.
她所需要的细胞 被称之为B细胞
The cells she would need, they're called B-cells.
人体的脾脏中有大量这种细胞
They're found in greatest abundance in the spleen.
如果换作是我 反正我要杀了他
If it were me, and I was killing him anyway,
我会拿走他的脾脏
that's what I would take.
很高兴知道你想得这么透彻
Glad to know you thought it through.
所以不管怎么样
So, either way,
她杀了卡里姆·勒德洛和维多利亚·加维
she killed Kareem Ludlow and Victoria Garvey
来掩盖自己的所作所为
to cover up what she'd done.
然而在两位受害者家中都没有
And there was no sign of struggle or forced entry
挣扎或强行闯入的迹象
at either of their homes.
你们知道她是怎么做到的吗
Any idea how she managed that?
我们知道卡里姆·勒德洛病了
We know that Kareem Ludlow was sick.
而据你俩确认的信息 卫♥生♥部♥对他
And as you two established, he'd been contacted
进行了接触
by the Department of Health.
如果我们这一切的猜想没错的话
If we're right about everything else,
维多利亚·加维当时肯定身体也不舒服
Victoria Garvey would also be feeling under the weather.
塞尔斯基有卫♥生♥部♥的资格证明
Selsky had Department of Health credentials.
可能她加以利用
It's possible she used those
进入了他们的家
to gain access to their homes.
她甚至可能告诉他们
She might have even told them
她有东西能让他们感觉好点
that she had something to make them feel better.
比如注射一剂致命的氯化钾
A lethal dose of potassium chloride, for example,
就能立刻清除他们的症状
would have cleared their symptoms right up.
之后 她得焚毁尸体
After that, she would have had to burn the bodies
以销毁关于这种病毒的所有证据
to dispose of any evidence of the virus.
你说的我都明白
Well, I get everything you're saying,
但我们和消防局都清楚
but between us and the fire department,
我们已经搜索过那些房♥子很多次了
we've been over those houses plenty.
如果你是对的
If you're right,
她还真是干得漂亮
she did a hell of a job.
是的 但如果还有些事我也对了
True. But if I'm right about something else,
那我们就有足够证据进行抓捕了
we'll have more than enough evidence to make an arrest.
你说的这些简直疯了
What you're saying is insane.
我从没听说过埃里克·罗素
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表