He called it Visions.
他会谈论这书 但不让任何人读
He would talk about it, but he wouldn't let anyone read it.
不过有一次 他让我看了一小点
One time, though, he let me sneak a peek at it
就一下子
just for a second.
那是用白墨水写在黑纸上的
It was handwritten on black paper in white ink.
看起来特别棒
It looked awesome.
但是他不让任何人读那书
But he wouldn't let anyone read it.
他说编辑想让他完全保密
He said his editor wanted him to keep it all hush-hush.
这个人在帮助他润色
This guy was helping him polish it
然后再发行
and then get it published.
诺曼说那人不想让别人
Norman said the guy didn't want
在他们完全准备好之前看到它
anyone seeing it till they were ready.
我不知道 也许现在发生这一切
I don't know, maybe all this is happening now
是因为他们终于准备好了
because they finally were ready.
我去查查那个高尔夫游戏的不在场证明
Guess I'll check the video golf alibi,
但我们真觉得这家伙是凶手吗
but do we really think that guy's a killer?
我想他不是
I suspect he's not,
但是他提到的这个书很有意思
but that book he mentioned is intriguing.
对 那个神秘的编辑听起来正像是
Yeah, that mystery editor sounds exactly like
我们要找的偏执怪胎
the kind of paranoid wack job we're looking for.
前提是他是真实的 而不是只存在于
Assuming he's real and not just a voice
诺曼脑袋里的声音
in Norman's head, that is.
大卫和他的妻子也许能知道
David and his wife might have some idea
他与别人合作的线索 我去他们那里
if he was working with someone. I'll go see them.
你应该由警♥察♥护送回家
You should go home with a police escort.
-什么 -她说得对
- What? - She's right.
没人说诺曼真的被设计成能看到未来
Nobody's saying Norman really was programmed to see the future,
但在我们找出
but until we find out
是谁在杀害他列表上的人之前
whoever's killing people on his list,
今天你不适合独自上街
today's a bad day for you to be on the street.
好吧 倒是能给我时间整理下
Fine. It'll give me a chance to attend to that pile of gold
我们留在厨房♥的那堆金子
we left in the kitchen.
我还是没有看到任何像是手稿的东西
I'm still not seeing anything that looks like a manuscript.
我也没有
Me, neither.
我保证不会再问
I promise I'll stop asking,
但你确定你能相信这个叫泰瑞的吗
but are you sure you can trust this Terry person?
我一直在思考 如果诺曼写了本书
I keep thinking, if Norman wrote a book,
他会告诉我们的
he would have told us.
也许 也许不会
Maybe, maybe not.
我找该想到的
I should have thought of that.
诺曼老是告诉我们撕掉账单
Norman was always telling us to shred our bills.
他担心会被盗窃身份
He worried about identity theft.
黑纸 白字
Black paper, white ink.
看起来他也担心别人会读到他的书
Looks like he worried about people reading his book, too.
-真抱歉 -不不不
- I'm sorry. - No, no, no.
没关系 虽然看起来不算多
It's okay. I mean, it might not look like much,
但也许能帮我们了解他在和谁合作
but it could give us an idea who he was working with.
我等了20分钟了
20 minutes I've been waiting.
想让美联储的人接电♥话♥
It's impossible to get anyone on the phone
真是比上天还难
at the Federal Reserve.
我不明白将金条转成货币
I don't know why converting bullion to usable currency
为什么这么困难
has to be so difficult.
我记得德国小矮妖也说过同样的话
You know, I think Rumpelstiltskin used to say the same thing.
随你怎么损我
Mock me all you want.
我这是为你的退休着想
I'm doing this for your golden years.
我想我可能很快就能退休了
I thought I got it a lot sooner than that.
你再过三个小时就要躺在停尸房♥了
You're due on a slab in the morgue in the next three hours
如果诺曼・霍罗威茨没算错的话
if Norman Horowitz was right.
请宽恕我在人生最后一刻听着缪扎克音乐
Well, heaven forbid I draw my last breath listening to Muzak.
我想这个能让你感受好一些
I think this is gonna make you feel better.
诺曼在感谢名单里
Did Norman list his murderous editor
-提起他的杀人编辑了吗 -不
- in the acknowledgements? - No.
这是第一章里的一页
This is a page from Chapter One.
或者说曾经是
Or at least it used to be.
左边是参差不齐的
The left side is jagged.
我想他是从书上扯下来的
I think he ripped out the page
因为芝加哥小熊队没有再夺冠
because the Chicago Cubs did not repeat.
实际上 这页上的预测都没成真
In fact, none of the predictions on this page came true.
那挺好的
Well, that's great.
但这对我们找出
But it doesn't get us any closer to identifying
他嗜血的编辑同伙没有帮助
his murderous, book-editing accomplice.
马库斯
Marcus.
我猜你和乔恩会想知道
Hey, thought you and Joan would want to know,
有人刚刚拉响了中♥央♥火车站的火警警报
somebody just pulled a fire alarm at Grand Central Station.
引起了慌乱 大家都逃离了车站
Caused a panic. Everybody ran out of there.
你为什么觉得我们想知道这事
And you thought we'd want to know this because?
因为拉警报的人叫格雷戈·哈登
Guy who did it, his name's Greg Haden.
他说是他老板让他干的
He says his boss put him up to it.
而他老板是你的小伙伴亨利·巴斯克维尔
He works for your buddy, Henry Baskerville.
我的律师不希望我和你们说话
My lawyers don't want me to talk to you,
但我觉得应该给你们个解释
but, you know, I feel you deserve an explanation.
相信你的直觉 亨利
Trust that sensation, Henry.
我们确实该知道你在计划什么
We absolutely deserve to know what you've been up to.
他们告诉你格雷戈·哈登的事了吗
Did they tell you about Greg Haden?
你的安保队长让纽约中♥央♥火车站陷入恐慌
Your head of security sent Grand Central Station into a panic.
他现在被关起来了
He's in lockup right now.
不 我知道 我正在着手解决
No, I know, I know. I'm working on it.
但他们应该给他办个派对犒劳他
I mean, they should be throwing him a parade.
他阻止了一场恐怖袭击
He nixed a terrorist attack.
或只是延迟了
Or maybe just postponed it.
我们不会知道
We don't really know.
只能等着看恐♥怖♥分♥子♥是否再次出击了
We have to wait and see if the terrorists want to try again.
-你在说什么 -我派他去的车站
- You lost me. - Well, I sent him over there.
他拉响火警警报 让人们逃离
He pulled the alarm. He sent people running
这样就不用坐以待毙
so they wouldn't be a bunch of sitting ducks
等着某个疯子扫射人群了
for psychos with assault rifles.
你指的是哪个疯子
To which psychos are you referring?
书里并没有说
Well, the book doesn't really say.
给你们看
Here.
那是诺曼·霍罗威茨的书《天启》
That's Norman Horowitz's book, Visions.
没错 你们听说过吗
Yeah. You've heard of it?
亨利 是你在帮诺曼吗
Henry, were you helping Norman with this?
你在帮他编辑这书吗
Were you editing this book for him?
不不 我刚得到
Oh, no, no, I just got this.
这本书的内容挺疯狂的
Yeah, no, it's kind of a crazy story.
我正尝试找个出版商 赚回买♥♥书的钱
I am, uh... I'm trying to find a publisher just to recoup my costs,
但我主要是为了公益才买♥♥的
but I mostly bought this as a public service.
你今天买♥♥的吗
You purchased it today?
四百万 我猜自己别无选择
$4 million. I mean, I think I had to.
说真的 我觉得诺曼的弟弟对于
Honestly, I think, uh, Norman's brother was overwhelmed
承担全人类未来的重大责任
with the responsibility of having the future
有些不知所措
laid out in front of him.
你能改变吗 你应该改变吗
Can you change it? Should you change it?
他之前想把这个烧了
He was thinking of burning this, which...
大卫·霍罗威茨卖♥♥给你的吗
David Horowitz sold that to you?
是啊
Yeah.
警监 立即派一支作战小组
Captain, you need to send a tactical unit
去大卫·霍罗威茨家
to David Horowitz's home immediately.
有时候走得太急
Sometimes when you leave in a hurry,
会落下重要东西
you forget stuff.
这应该能耽误他们一会儿
Well, that ought to slow them down.
是时候我们走回运了
About time we caught a break.
我们来迟了
We were late.
我们到达时大卫和他妻子已经离开了
David and his wife were gone by the time we got here.
衣柜全空了
Closets are empty.
墙上的家庭照片也基本没了
Took most of the family photos off the wall, too.
我想他们不会回来了
I don't think they're planning on coming back.
你怎么知道是他们
How'd you figure these guys out?
不 我其实还帮他们兜售了一堆无稽之谈
I didn't. In fact, I helped them sell their load of nonsense.
我怎么不知道这事
I don't know about that.
你不是刚证明诺曼·霍罗威茨
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表