为联邦执法机构提供防弹衣
to provide body armor to federal law enforcement.
投标文件有你样品的照片
The bid included photos of your prototype,
看上去和威尔尼克穿的一模一样
which looks exactly like the one we saw Professor Velnik wearing.
我们猜测威尔尼克发现了你的样品并偷走了
We figure Velnik found out about your prototype and stole it.
很长一段时间 你不知道是他偷的
For a while, you didn't know it was him.
然后轮到唐尼·美因茨出场了
Then Donnie Mainzer entered the picture.
我们知道那晚你在校园
We know you were on campus that night.
你听到了枪声
You heard shots.
跑去帮助他
You ran to help him,
但你看到他穿着你的防弹卫衣
but then you saw him wearing your missing hoodie.
他背叛了你的信任
He'd violated your trust.
你大为光火 附近正好有个螺丝刀
You lost your temper. There was a screwdriver nearby.
你们真是迫不及待想找出凶手 是吧
You guys are really desperate to pin this on someone, aren't you?
不过你们说对了一件事
You are right about one thing, though.
那是我的卫衣
That is my hoodie.
但威尔没有偷
But Will didn't steal it.
当他告诉我他收到的那些死亡威胁时
When he told me about the death threats he'd been getting,
我很担心 就给了他一件
I was worried about him, so I gave him one.
你就把自己的原型成果这样送出去了吗
You just handed over your prototype?
我有很多
I have dozens of them.
如果你们想要 我可以送一箱去警局
If you'd like, I can bring a boxful to the station.
你找到了量产达尔文树皮蛛丝的方法
You've found a way to mass-produce Darwin's bark spider silk?
一个别人无法复♥制♥的方法
A way that no one else can duplicate.
你们自己看吧
See for yourselves.
这是我的蚕场
It's a silkworm farm.
我从达尔文树皮蛛身上提取了基因
I took the genes from a Darwin's bark spider
并嫁接到蚕体内
and spliced them into silkworms.
现在这些蚕正在结出防弹蛛丝茧
Now the worms spin their cocoons out of bulletproof spider silk.
整个过程是我独家的
The process is proprietary,
而且不可逆
and it cannot be reverse-engineered.
所以没有人
Which means that no one,
即使他们有我的原型样品
not even if they got their hands on one of my prototypes,
也不能偷走技术
could steal it.
所以 如果你们在寻找杀死威尔的动机
So, if you're looking for motive to kill Will,
我没有
I don't have one.
赛比·查玛那拉
Well, Sepi Chamanara
当骗子和当遗传学家一样有天赋
is as talented a liar as she is a geneticist,
但她依旧是个骗子
but she's a liar nonetheless.
我也不相信她 但我们还是没有办法
I don't trust her, either, but we still don't have any way
把她和威尔尼克的谋杀案联♥系♥起来
to link her to Velnik's murder.
你错了 她也错了
You're wrong about that, and so is she.
我们有动机
We have motive.
她给我们看的照片里
In the photographs she showed us,
你注意到她的蚕吃的桑叶了吗
did you notice the mulberry leaves that her silkworms were eating?
叶子本该翠绿饱满
They should be green and plump.
相反 它们枯黄脆弱
Instead, they were jaundiced and brittle.
这就是她的动机
That's why she killed Velnik.
因为枯黄的桑叶吗
Because of yellow mulberry leaves?
因为威尔尼克是个大规模屠♥杀♥者
Because he was a mass murderer.
他发现了大规模杀死赛比的蚕的方法
He'd figured out a way to kill tens of thousands of her silkworms,
她就杀了威尔尼克为它们报仇
and she killed him to avenge them.
现在我们只需要证据
Now we just have to prove it.
你对我们还有所保留 霍伊特先生
You've beenr holding out on us, Mr. Hoyt.
我的人之前找你谈话时 你没提到
When my people spoke to you earlier, you failed to mention
你和威廉姆·威尔尼克
the little conspiracy
共同策划的阴谋
you had cooking with William Velnik.
我们今天和赛比·查玛那拉谈过了
We spoke to Sepi Chamanara today.
这名字有印象吗
Does that name ring a bell?
她说她正用基因改造的蚕
She told us that she's using transgenic silkworms
大规模生产蛛丝
to mass-produce spider silk.
显然 这会是防弹衣界的革新技术
Apparently, it's going to revolutionize the body armor business.
当她给我们看蚕场的照片时
When she showed us pictures of her silk farm,
我们的同事发现了蹊跷
something caught our colleague's eye.
她的蚕场空了一半
Her silk farm is half empty.
蚕架的数量是蚕的两倍
There were racks for twice as many worms as she had,
而且图片中的蚕
and the worms that were in the pictures
正吃着枯萎的黄叶
were feeding on wilted, yellow leaves.
我不明白
I'm not following you.
这与我和威尔有什么关系
What does that have to do with me and Will?
那些蚕可能值上亿美元
Those silkworms are potentially worth billions of dollars.
为何喂食枯叶呢 除非她别无选择
Why feed them sick leaves unless she had no other choice?
一个关于基因改造物种的小知识
Now, the funny thing about genetically engineered species--
它们都有高度专一的饮食结构
they often have highly specialized diets.
就目前我们所知 赛比的蚕
Now, as far as we can tell, Sepi's silkworms
只吃一种特殊的 及其罕见的
could only eat the leaves of a very specific,
桑树亚种的叶子
very rare subspecies of mulberry.
或许正是这个原因
Probably why she planted
她的蚕场里种满了那种树
an entire orchard of those trees at her silkworm farm.
只是那些树看上去快死了
Only her special trees looked like they were dying.
现在轮到你出场了
That's where you come into the picture.
那些快死的树
Those dying trees.
我们的同事根据照片中的枯黄叶子
Our associate was able to tell from the look of those yellow leaves
辨别出赛比的树
that Sepi's trees were being killed
是被根结线虫所杀
by something called root-knot roundworms.
根据威尔尼克的研究记录
Now, according to Velnik's research logs,
去年他花费了很久
he spent the better part of the past year
培养抗杀虫剂的根结线虫
breeding pesticide-resistant root-knot roundworms.
赛比·查玛那拉正在竞标
Sepi Chamanara is bidding
联调局的防弹衣合同
for a huge body armor contract with the Feds.
结果我们发现 你是现在的合同持有人
As it turns out, you're the current contract holder.
你知道一旦失去这个合同 你的公♥司♥会倒闭
You knew, if you lost it, your company would go under.
所以你让威尔尼克培育那些虫子
So you had Velnik breed those worms
就为了杀死赛比的树
for the express purpose of killing Sepi's trees.
她的虫子会挨饿 霍伊特护甲将安全存活
Her worms would starve, and Hoyt Armor would be saved.
是威尔的主意
It was Will's idea.
他发现了赛比的蚕
He found out about Sepi's silkworms,
说这是下一项重大突破
said they were the next big thing.
他告诉我他有办法搞破坏 但有个价格
He told me he could sabotage them-- for a price.
一个激进的检察官很有可能
An aggressive prosecutor could probably
把这个当作诈骗案起诉
turn this into a RICO case.
但你很幸运
But lucky for you,
我们只想抓住赛比
we only want Sepi.
你给我们能证明她杀了威尔尼克的证据
You give us something we can use to nail her for Velnik's murder,
我们就不追究你了
and we're done here.
她救活了那些树
She saved her trees.
什么意思
What does that mean?
我有个朋友供职于防弹衣合同批准委员会
I have a friend on the approval board for that body armor contract.
在威尔实施了他的魔法后
After Will worked his magic,
他告诉我赛比的虫子在挨饿
he told me Sepi's worms were starving
而且她拿下合同的几率几乎为零
and that her chance of landing that contract was nil.
但几周后 我朋友发邮件告诉我
But a few weeks back, my friend e-mails me,
赛比又成了最有希望的竞争者
tells me that Sepi's the frontrunner again.
不知如何她救活了那些该死的树
That somehow she saved her damn trees
逃过了威尔的线虫的毒手
from Will's roundworms.
这事发生在威尔被杀后五天
This was five days after he was murdered.
也许我疯了 但是
Call me crazy, but...
这两者肯定有关 不是吗
somehow that's gotta be connected, right?
什么情况 老兄
What the hell, man?
你在我的地盘干什么
What are you doing in my place?
这不是你的地盘
It's not your place.
你叫尼克·艾格尼丝
Your name is Nick Agnes.
你最近闯进了一个医生的办公室
You recently broke into a doctor's office,
偷了一堆病人的档案
and you stole a bunch of patient files.
你一直在网上贩卖♥♥那些档案中的信息 对吧
You've been selling the information in those files online, hmm?
天啊
God.
是你
It's you.
名字很怪的那个人
The guy with the weird name.
叫夏洛克 对吧
Sherlock, right?
他想了解的人就是你
You're the one he wanted to know about.
-什么 -有个人
- What? - This guy.
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表