但我们确实需要帮忙
but we do need a favor.
所以我们想着可以劳烦一位朋友
So we thought we'd ask a friend.
什么样的忙
What kind of favor?
今天早上
Early this morning,
一个叫深田肯的科学家被军方监禁了
a scientist named Ken Fukata was detained by military police.
为什么
Why?
你熟悉《发明保密法案》吗
You familiar with the Invention Secrecy Act?
《发明保密法案》 美国1951年颁行的法案
当然 它给了政♥府♥权力
Sure. It gives the government power
在可能威胁国♥家♥安♥全♥时
to seize control of any invention
有权控制任何发明
it considers a threat to national security.
研发者的专利变成保密级的
The inventor's patent becomes classified,
就像从未存在过一样
like it never existed.
不止这样
It does more than that.
任何参与研发的人都必须立刻停止工作
Anyone working on the invention has to stop work immediately
甚至再也不能谈起它
and can't even talk about it anymore.
他们也不一定会得到补偿
There's no promise of compensation,
而且命令可能会持续数年
and the orders can be maintained for years,
因此研发者可能完全无法从中获利
meaning the inventor can never profit from their work.
而你们认为这是深田被带走的原因
And you think that's why Fukata got scooped up--
他泄露了自己的研发内容
he leaked his own work.
我们认为他将获利最多
We think he had the most to gain.
如果公众知晓了这项技术
With the public aware of the tech,
从法律上来讲 命令就无法执行了
legally, the order can't be enforced.
他可以继续研发并获得巨额财富
He could resume his work and make millions.
这太冒险了
It'd be risky.
如果军方能证明是他泄露的 他会进监狱
If they can prove he did it, he'll go to prison,
并且失去他的专利
and he'll lose his patent.
所以我们认为他为了掩盖此事
Which is why we think he committed a murder
而杀了人
to cover it up.
我们想和深田谈谈
We want to talk to Fukata,
但是军方不会让我们靠近他
but the military won't let us near him.
所以你们想让我找找关系
Ah, and you want me to pull some strings,
把他带过来让你们讯问
get him brought over here for questioning.
我同意
I do this,
我们间的小秘密还是秘密
and our little secrecy order remains in force?
就像我之前说的 我们只是请朋友帮个忙
Like I said, just asking a favor of a friend.
这不是鼎鼎大名的夏洛克・福尔摩斯嘛
Well, if it isn't the great Sherlock Holmes, in the flesh.
贝恩斯
Baynes.
好久不见
It's been a while.
我可以坐下吗
Uh, may I?
我什么时候能阻止你做任何事了
When have I ever stopped you from doing anything?
你来谈马库斯・贝尔的事吗
You here to talk about Marcus Bell?
实际上 我是来道歉的
Well, actually, I was here to apologize.
我们在伦敦工作的那段时间
When we knew each other in London, I was...
我跟现在不一样
I was a different man.
我那时是个很难相处的人
I was an abrasive man.
大部分原因是我吸毒
Partly due to my drug use,
但如果把问题全推在那上面 那就是借口
but to ascribe too much to that would be an excuse.
不 过去的我就是那样
No, it was who I was.
我认为社交没必要
I saw no need for social decorum,
所以我拒绝和别人交往
so I refused to indulge others with it.
-我曾经很骄傲 不尊重人 -停
- I was dismissive, disrespectful. - Stop.
你认为是因为这个吗
Is that what you think this is about?
你觉得我记了七年的仇
You think I've been carrying a seven-year-old grudge
是因为你的粗鲁吗
because you were rude?
跟你说实话
To be honest with you,
我完全不知道这到底是为什么
I've got no idea what this is about.
你还记得坎伯威尔中毒案吗
Do you remember the Camberwell poisoning case?
路易斯・米尔福德 下院议员
Lewis Milford, member of Parliament
被逼喝下防冻剂
forced to drink antifreeze.
警♥察♥把时间线搞错了
The police got the timeline wrong.
他们没有注意到
They failed to notice that
米尔福德把手♥机♥插上了充电器
Milford had plugged his phone in to charge.
当你我到达时 手♥机♥电量是40%
When you and I arrived, the phone was at 40%.
所以 除非是凶手帮他充了电
So, unless the killer charged his phone for him,
不然就意味着他过去一小时左右还活着
that meant he was alive sometime in the last hour or so.
而这一个细节
And that was a detail
帮助我快速地解决了案件
which allowed me to solve the case almost immediately.
这些是我在苏格兰场工作的所有文件
Those are all my files from my time at the Yard,
包括坎伯威尔案
including Camberwell.
看一看吧
Take a look.
再给我一两天时间我就能解决那案子
I would have solved that case myself in another day or two.
你生气是因为我在你之前解决了案子吗
You're upset because I solved a murder before you did?
一名国会议员被谋杀
An MP's murder.
那案子可能会成就我的事业
That case would have made my career.
我可能转眼之间就能成为总督察
I would have been chief inspector before you knew it.
而你
And you--
你还在因为使用毒品受到处罚
you were on reprimand for your drug use.
你不该出现在那犯罪现场的
You shouldn't have even been at that crime scene.
那是我要解决的案子 被你抢走了
That was my case to solve, and you took it from me.
你说你是来道歉的
You said you came here to apologize.
可以 请开始吧
Lovely. Be my guest.
为这事道歉
Apologize for that.
你们认为是我杀了布鲁斯・德拉莫尔吗
You think I killed Bruce Deramore?
我们和你的军方负责人聊过了 深田博士
We talked to your military hosts, Dr. Fukata.
他们似乎很确定是你把计划
They seem pretty convinced that you leaked the plans
泄露给了伊凡・科瓦尔斯基
of your invention to Evan Kowalski.
他们从科瓦尔斯基先生的邮件地址
They've traced the e-mail account
追踪到了你那里
that contacted Mr. Kowalski to you.
还有一个在线现金账户
There's also an online cash account
科瓦尔斯基先生向里边打过钱
Mr. Kowalski made a payment to.
是用同一个邮件地址建立的
It was set up with the same e-mail.
你一生的工作心血被夺走了
Your life's work had been taken from you.
你需要保密令被解除
You needed the secrecy order to be lifted
这样你就可以用自己的发明赚钱了
so that you could make money off of your own invention.
你闯进了加里森大学的仓库
You broke into the storage unit at Garrison University,
然后伪造了自己图纸被偷走的戏码
and you staged the theft of your own plans
这样你就可以将它们卖♥♥给你认识的人
so that you could sell them to someone you knew
一个可以将其分享给世界的人
would share them with the world.
不知怎么 布鲁斯・德拉莫尔
Somehow, Bruce Deramore
查出了是你干的 他威胁要告发你
figured out it was you, he threatened to expose you,
所以你杀了他
so you killed him.
不对 你...
Please. You...
你们全搞错了
You've got it all wrong.
我们听着呢
We're listening.
是 一开始我听到
Yes, I-I was upset at first
有保密令 我是很生气
when I heard about the secrecy order.
我想要反抗
I tried to fight it.
但当你不能谈论你的工作时
But when you can't talk about your work,
你也无法在法庭上辩论
you also can't argue about it in court.
然后呢
And then?
-发生了什么 -我被一名来自
- What changed? - I was approached
陆军研究实验室的副主任联络上了
by a deputy director at the Army Research Lab.
他说他们很欣赏我的工作
He said they were impressed with my work,
然后他要我去领导他们的一个项目
and he offered me a job heading up one of their projects.
我下个月就该开始了
I'm supposed to start next month.
这听起来像是个挺差劲的安抚
That sounds like a pretty lame consolation prize.
我无法想象一项政♥府♥工作
I can't imagine a government job
获得的薪水能比你作为
pays what you'd make as the inventor
数码至有机数据传输的创造者赚得多
of the Digital-to-Organic Data Transmitter.
不 但我进行研究不是为了变富有
No, but I didn't go into research to get rich.
至少这是一种认同
At least it was an acknowledgement.
这样我所完成的工作
A way the work I'd done
可以帮助我建立名声
could help build my reputation.
我发明了一个能改变世界的东西
I invented something that's going to change the world.
如果是我泄露的
If I was behind the leak,
我会蠢到留下邮件线索吗
would I be stupid enough to leave an e-mail trail?
你觉得是有人陷害你吗
You think someone set you up.
我已经说了一整天了
And I've been saying so all day.
好吧 那是谁陷害的你
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表