加布里埃尔和我帮她联♥系♥上了
Gabriel and I put her in contact
一个美国组织
with an American group,
一个工会联合会
a federation of unions who does work
主要负责组织国外务工事宜
to organize labor in other countries.
两周前 她来这里见他们
Two weeks ago, she came here to meet with them
随后马上就消失了
and promptly disappeared.
所以你认为
So you think
扔这个瓶子的人
whoever threw that bottle
觉得那个钱佩里科和这件事有关
believes that Champerico was responsible.
加布里埃尔和我自然觉得很可疑
Gabriel and I certainly found it suspicious.
警♥察♥调查了瓦伦蒂娜的失踪
The police looked into Valentina's disappearance
但没有什么发现
but came up with very little.
你们也知道 加布里埃尔有一些
Gabriel, as you know, has some experience
犯罪调查的经验
with criminal investigation.
他决定自己调查这件事
He decided to look into the matter himself.
或许他离真♥相♥太近了
Perhaps he came too close to the truth.
罗梅罗警探
Detective Romero?
我是汤姆·格雷森警监
Captain Tom Gregson.
-很高兴见到你 -我也是
- Good to meet you. - Likewise.
来吧 去我办公室谈
Come on. We'll talk in my office.
请
Please.
请坐
Have a seat.
我得承认
I, um... I have to admit,
夏洛克和乔恩来找我时
when Sherlock and Joan approached me,
我还以为他们在开玩笑
I thought it was a joke.
两个平民帮重案组当猎头
Two civilians headhunting for Major Case.
但我仔细查了他们 看到了他们
But then I looked into them and saw the work
在这里的工作 我被折服了
they've done here. I was impressed.
很明显 他们对你也有同样的感觉
Well, obviously, they felt the same way about you,
不然你就不会坐在那把椅子上了
or you wouldn't be sitting in that chair.
你在116分局的表现非常出色
You did some really good work at the 116.
为什么想离开
Why do you want to leave?
重点不是我想离开那里
It's less about leaving there
而是我想来这里
and more about wanting to come here.
这里的工作
The work that gets done here, it's...
是本市最为重要的工作之一
some of the most important in the city.
我想参与其中
I want to be a part of it.
你喜欢受人瞩目吗 罗梅罗
You like the limelight, Romero?
不 长官 不是那样的
No, sir. It-it's not like that.
我并不是想自己出风头
I'm not looking to shine my star.
我想挑战自己
I want to challenge myself.
我想帮助他人
I want to help people.
说到帮助
Speaking of helping--
乔恩和夏洛克跟你说了多少
how much did Joan and Sherlock tell you about
关于他们在这里的工作
what they do here?
全都说清楚了
They broke it all down.
他们说他们是受你青睐才来的这里
They said they're only here by your good graces
你需要时他们就过来帮忙
and they lend a hand when you ask them to.
所以他们说清楚了如果你来这里工作
So they made it clear that if this were to work out,
-是给我办事 而不是他们 -说得非常明白
- you work for me, not for them. - Crystal.
他们很能干 我看得出来 但他们
They're good-- I can tell-- but they are...
并不算这个部门的正式成员
they aren't sworn members of this department.
你之前的领导
Your old C.O.,
莫伊拉·贝克 我们共事过
Moira Baker, and I-- we came on the job together.
是吗
Oh, yeah?
我会跟她聊下你
I'm gonna be talking to her about you,
如果她也和乔恩和夏洛克一样喜欢你
and if she likes you as much as Joan and Sherlock,
谁知道呢
who knows?
或许你在这里能有不错的发展
Maybe you got a future here.
有问题吗
Is there a problem?
没有
No.
只是如果你要跟贝克中校聊聊的话
It's just that if you're gonna be talking to Lieutenant Baker,
有件事你应该知道
then there is something you should know.
我有些事没告诉夏洛克和乔恩
Something I didn't tell Sherlock and Joan.
这是瓦伦蒂娜的护照照片
That's Valentina's passport photo.
我把照片给了另一位警官
I gave it to the other police,
但我觉得你们也可能想要
but I thought you might want it, too.
是你报案她失踪了 对吗
You're the one who reported her missing, right?
我的组织已经安排了她去纽约的所有行程
My group had arranged all her travel to New York.
我们本该在她到纽约后的第二天
We were supposed to meet at our headquarters
在总部碰头
the day after she arrived.
但她没出现
When she didn't show,
我打给了酒店
I called the hotel.
他们说她一直没有入住
They told me she never checked in.
于是我就报了警
That's when I called the police.
据我们所知你的组织
It's our understanding that your group
帮助国外工人组织工会
helps workers unionize in other countries.
瓦伦蒂娜是来这里让我们帮她制定策略的
Valentina was coming here so that we could help her strategize.
钱佩里科对待员工的方式是不合理的
The way Champerico treats its workers is unconscionable.
我们想改变那种状况
We wanted things to change.
不得不承认 我有点惊讶
I have to admit, I'm a little surprised
一个美国劳工组织会对
an American labor group would be so interested
帮助国外劳工组织工会这么感兴趣
in helping workers unionize in other countries.
为什么
Why is that?
或许因为很多美国的就业机会
Maybe because so many American jobs
都流失到国外去了
have gone to other countries.
无意冒犯 这种看法已经过时了
Respectfully, that's a very old-school way of looking at it.
我们都明白 那些工作已经没有了
Most of us get that those jobs are gone.
不会再有了
They're not coming back.
而企业经营全球化趋势不会变
Business globalization is here to stay.
对抗它的办法就是劳动全球化
The way to fight it is labor globalization.
这意味着全球都需要改善用工环境
That means pushing to improve conditions everywhere,
而不仅是美国
not just in the U.S.
当国外工资上涨
When wages in other countries go up,
大型企业对工作迁移的兴趣就会降低
job migration is less attractive to the big companies.
就会为国内创造更多就业机会
More work stays here.
从根本上说 我们是在为自己的利益服务吗
Ultimately, are we serving our own self-interests?
是的 但同时 我们也帮助了
Yeah. But in the meantime, we get to give help
很多需要帮助的人
to a lot of people who need it.
对瓦伦蒂娜来说 我们就出现得太迟了
In Valentina's case, we were too late.
钱佩里科之前就在纽约犯过案啊
Champerico has committed crimes in New York before, okay?
犯过什么案
Like what?
还记得去年吗
Remember last year,
民间组织推动市参议会
when that grassroots group was pushing the city council
增收酒类的营业税
to increase the excise tax on alcohol?
记得 那笔钱要用于
Yes. That money was supposed to
酒精成瘾的医疗和康复项目
go to addiction-focused health care and recovery support.
最后这项税的实施被否决了
In the end, the tax was voted down,
但几个月前 那些支持增税的人们
but for months before, the people fighting for that tax
接到了几百通恐吓电♥话♥
got hundreds of threatening phone calls.
"我知道你住在哪里"
"I know where you live."
"我知道你孩子上学要走哪条路"
"I know where your children go to school."
还有人报案说被一辆深色玻璃的车跟踪
A few reported being followed by a car with tinted windows.
一个女人记下了车牌号♥
One woman managed to write down a license plate.
猜猜警方根据车牌查到了谁
Guess who the police were able to trace it back to.
钱佩里科
Champerico.
他们说那辆车被偷了
They said the car was stolen.
警♥察♥无法证明他们在撒谎
The police couldn't prove they were lying,
最后只好作罢
so they had to drop it.
好吧 但是你说的那项税
Okay, but the tax you're talking about
会影响到所有酒类供应商
would have affected all alcohol beverage companies,
不只是钱佩里科
not just Champerico,
为什么他们要如此针锋相对
so why would they have taken it so personally?
他们规模更小 是家庭企业
They're smaller. Family-owned.
那项税对他们的影响比对大公♥司♥的影响更大
The tax would have hurt them more than the big conglomerates,
所以他们采取了必要措施
so they did what they had to.
就像他们对瓦伦蒂娜做的一样
Just like they did with Valentina.
那一幅是我的最爱
That one's one of my favorites.
是1963年的
It's from 1963.
当时这些海报贴的满城都是
Back then, these were posted all over the city.
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表