他为他们工作的时候正穿着那件卫衣
Can't be a coincidence that he was wearing that hoodie
-不可能是巧合 对吧 -对
- while working for them, can it? - No.
而且他们和一位虫子猎人合作
And it would make sense,
也就说得通了
them being in business with a Worm Hunter.
这些由蠕虫 昆虫幼虫以及蜘蛛
Natural fibers from worms,
产出的天然纤维 是防弹织物研究的
insect larvae and spiders are the cutting edge
前沿科技
of ballistic textile research.
它们可能比任何合成织物的强度都高
They have the potential to be stronger and lighter
也更轻
than anything synthetic.
你和马库斯去听听霍伊特护甲那边怎么说
You and Marcus should, uh, see what Hoyt Armor has to say.
你要去哪
Where are you going?
征信所的一位朋友给我提供了信息
This is from a friend of mine at the credit bureau.
我得去见个人 跟他谈一份工作
I have to go and see a man about a job.
夏洛克・福尔摩斯 到领班办公室报道
Sherlock Holmes, report to the foreman's office.
你叫夏洛克・福尔摩斯
You're Sherlock Holmes?
对
I am.
真巧啊
What a coincidence.
我也叫这名字
So am I.
我不想惹麻烦
I don't want trouble.
但你得理解 我需要这份工作
But you have to understand, I need this job.
你不用告诉我你的故事
Yeah, you don't need to tell me your story,
因为我已经推理出来了
'cause I've already deduced it.
你肺里的异响表明你曾经在
The rattle in your lungs indicates you spent some time
煤矿附近工作过
working around coal.
听你的口音
Given your accent, I'd say
我想大概是北爱尔兰的吉尔鲁特工厂
it was the Killroot Plant in Northern Ireland,
这工厂最近大幅裁员
which recently went through some massive layoffs.
英国脱欧后 就业形式严峻
Post-Brexit, job prospects in the UK are grim.
所以你只能来这里 但你决定跳过
So you came here, but you decided to skip
繁琐的工作签证或绿卡申请流程
the rigmarole of getting a work visa or a Green Card.
到目前为止 我猜的对吗
Am I right so far?
继续
Bang on.
不幸的是 要在美国找到工作
Unfortunately, you need an Alien Resident Number
你得有外侨登记号♥ 所以你用了我的
to obtain work in America, so you used mine.
别担心
Don't worry.
我不会向移♥民♥署举报你
I have no interest in turning you over to ICE.
我只想知道你是怎么拿到我的登记号♥的
I just want to know where you got my A-Number.
我在暗网上买♥♥的
I bought it on a Dark Web site.
这是网址
Here's the URL.
谢谢
Thank you.
听着
Look.
"夏洛克·福尔摩斯"这个名字
The name "Sherlock Holmes,"
牵涉到很复杂的关系
it comes with certain entanglements.
我不希望你因为我而被袭击
I'd hate to see you assaulted,
绑♥架♥ 甚至被杀害
kidnapped or murdered 'cause of me.
还是尽快给自己弄个新身份吧
Get yourself a new identity as soon as possible.
不好意思
I'm sorry.
你们认为我因为一件卫衣就杀了威尔吗
You think I killed Will over some hoodie?
我们知道你给了他20万
We know you paid him $200,000,
或许是因为他帮你
probably for his help
利用虫性纤维
developing next-gen ballistic clothing
研发了新一代防弹衣
from insect and worm fibers.
我们也知道 你对他的成果很不满意
We also know that you were not happy with his work.
据威尔尼克的邻居所说
According to Velnik's neighbors,
在他被杀前不久 他跟一个人在门外激烈争吵
few weeks before the murder, he got into a shouting match
那人刚好符合你的描述
outside his place with a man matching your description.
关于什么"拖延"和"违约"的
Something about "Delays" and "Broken promises."
我们认为 你发现他
We think that you found out
私自♥制♥造了防弹衣
that he made his own bulletproof garment.
你觉得他拖着不告诉你
You thought that he was holding out on you.
可能卖♥♥给了其他人
Maybe shopping it to other bidders.
如今衣服失踪了 威尔尼克也死了
Now the hoodie's missing, and Velnik is dead.
你说他是三周前被杀的
You said he was murdered three weeks ago,
-周五晚上 -差不多是那时候
- Friday night? - Or thereabouts.
那个周末我本该去一场交易会
That weekend, I was supposed to be at a trade show,
不过事实上 我跟一个朋友去了尼亚加拉瀑布
The truth is, I was with a friend in Niagara Falls.
这个朋友 不是我妻子
A friend who is not my wife.
我们去了加拿大 去了赌场
We went over into Canada, hit a casino.
如果你们不相信我 有很多摄像机为证
Plenty of cameras over there, if you don't believe me.
就算我们相信你
Say we do believe you.
你还是可以雇人
You still could have hired someone
去杀了威尔尼克 拿走衣服
to kill Velnik and take the hoodie.
我根本不知道有这么件衣服 好吗
I didn't even know about the hoodie, okay?
我给威尔钱了吗 是的 但不是为了做什么
Did I pay Will? Sure, but not to make anything.
他是个蠕虫猎人 我雇他就是为了这个
He's the Worm Hunter, and that's what I hired him for:
捕捉蠕虫
a worm hunt.
什么蠕虫值20万
What kind of worm hunt is worth 200 grand?
可以拯救我公♥司♥的那种
The kind that could save my company.
的确 虫性纤维
You're right about bug fibers
是下一代防护衣的重点研究对象
being the next big thing in protective clothing,
但并不是全部
but that's not the whole story.
目前还没有人研究出
No one's been able to crack
如何利用它们创造商业价值
how to make them in commercial quantities.
这才是我雇威尔的目的
That's why I hired Will.
寻找能大量合成的
To find bio-organic fibers
生物有机纤维
we might be able to synthesize in bulk.
那天晚上我跟他吵完后
And after I went boot-to-ass on him that night,
他终于交货了
he finally delivered.
给了我一些样本
He got me some samples.
我手下的化学家还正在研究
My chemists are working on them right now.
若事实如此
If that's true,
我猜你应该有书面合同吧
I'm assuming you had an agreement in writing?
我们要看看 研究报告也要
We'll want to see it and the research.
请便 他从来没有给我们
Be my guest. There's nothing about him
做出过原型
making a prototype for us.
如果他做出来了
Look, if he made one,
一定是用他收集的那些样本纤维
it must have come from the sample fibers he collected.
纤维非常稀有 但或许他有办法制♥造♥出
They're rare, but maybe he was able to pull together enough
完整的运动衫
for one sweatshirt.
这么一想
You know, come to think of it,
我也许知道威尔为何要给自己做一件防弹衣了
I may know why Will would have wanted to make himself bulletproof.
一个月前
Look, a month ago,
他告诉我 有人给他发匿名邮件
he told me someone was e-mailing him
威胁他
anonymous death threats.
我跟他说别在意
I told him not to sweat it.
感觉像是胡闹
Sounded like nonsense.
如今他死了
And now he's dead.
很显然 我没重视这些威胁
Obviously, I didn't take the threats seriously enough.
但如果我是你们
But if I were you,
我会想办法找出发邮件的人
I'd try to find the person who sent them.
你在打电动吗
You playing a video game?
更糟
Worse than that.
我在看游戏录像
I'm watching a recording of a video game.
梅森寄来的
Mason sent it.
我帮他破了一个案子
I'm solving a crime for him,
换他帮我们破两个案子
in exchange for him solving two crimes for us.
好吧
Okay.
在这个网络游戏中
Plays this online game
他是一支强大的星际舰队的一员
where he's part of a powerful starship alliance.
你可以看到 几天前他和他的朋友们
As you can see, he and his friends engaged in, uh,
和另一支舰队卷入了一场大战
all-out war with another armada days ago.
那案子是什么
What was the crime?
在大战开始时
Just as the battle began,
梅森的旗舰后方发来了一颗鱼雷导弹
a cloaked torpedo was fired from behind Mason's flagship,
爆♥炸♥后直接导致了他方军团的
blowing it up and triggering an utter rout
全线战败
of his side.
他想知道是谁发出了这致命一击
He wants to know who fired the fatal shot.
你说作为帮他破案的交换
You said, in exchange for solving this crime,
他要帮我们解决两个案子
he was gonna help us solve two crimes?
案件一 威尔尼克收到的死亡威胁
Crime number one: the death threats issued to Velnik.
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表