And I admire your work.
这也是我来的原因
That's why I'm here.
我看到了你对那个预言家的报道
I saw the piece that you did on the prophet character,
诺曼·霍罗威茨
Norman Horowitz.
那个报道很棒
That's great.
我们为之自豪
We're proud of that one.
应该的 非常出色
You should be. Incredible get.
你是怎么想到的
How did you come by it?
是谁把讣告发给你的
I mean, who sent you all those obituaries?
你知道我不能泄露消息来源
You know I can't reveal a source.
即使跟新老板也不行吗
Even to your new employer?
我们一直在寻找新人才
We're always looking for fresh talent.
你看起来准备好晋升到更大的团队了
You seem like you're ready for a move up to the big leagues.
我得知道
I've just got to know,
你是怎么发现这新闻的
how did you break that story?
-你不是BBC的人 -我不是吗
- You're not from the BBC. - I'm not?
我在这个垃圾堆里工作了八年
I've been working in this dump for eight years,
我连张固定办公桌都没有
and I can't even get on the anchor desk.
想进BBC比登天还难
The BBC is about nine rungs up the ladder.
你是想睡我还是...
You're either trying to sleep with me or...
我和纽约警局一起办案
I work with the NYPD.
你可以协助我们的调查
You're in a position to aid our investigation.
要触犯第四修正案强迫我泄露消息来源吗
By scrapping the Fourth Amendment and burning my source?
第四修正案旨在禁止无理搜查和扣押
不了谢谢 我要回去工作了
No, thanks. I have to get back to work.
我给你开个真的条件
I'll make you a real offer.
你肯定也想知道真♥相♥
You must suspect the truth.
有人为了使霍罗威茨的预言成真
Someone's killing people in order to make
而杀了很多人
Horowitz's predictions come true.
他想要观众
He wanted an audience,
而你为他提供了观众
and you gave him one.
我还以为你是要给我提条件
I thought you were gonna make me an offer,
而不是想着让我有罪恶感
not try to guilt-trip me.
告诉我是谁给你发的讣告
Tell me who sent you the obituaries,
我就做你的下一个消息源
and I'll be your next source.
我们会找到这个人
We're gonna find this person--
一个连环杀手 如果我们抓住他
a serial killer, mind you-- and when we do,
这则新闻可以给你
that story can either go to you,
也可以给你的竞争对手
or it can go to your competition.
夏洛克说这个记者的消息来源是一通匿名电♥话♥
Sherlock says this reporter got the tip from an anonymous caller.
虚拟号♥码吗
Blocked number?
一次性电♥话♥ 那人还伪装了自己的声音
Burner. Guy disguised his voice, too.
他告诉了她讣告在网上的位置
Told her where to find the obits online.
没说名字
Didn't give a name.
霍罗威茨先生写的所有讣告
So, all of these obituaries Mr. Horowitz wrote,
之前就已经在网上流传开了吗
they were already floating around on the Internet?
其实是藏在了一个私人聊天室里
More like they were buried in a private chat room.
真亦假网
RealityIsnt.Net.
后缀是.net
"Dot net"?
很多年没听说过了
Haven't heard that in a few years.
那些潮人确实不会上这网
It's not a real hangout for the cool kids.
为了登上去看看 我注册了账号♥
I registered an account so I could take a look.
有40个成员 大多是匿名用户
There's 40 members, mostly anonymous.
他们都是模拟论的信徒
They're Simulation Theory believers
喜欢思考宇宙究竟是不是真的
who like to speculate about whether the universe is real.
几天前有个新用户加入了
Couple days ago, a new user joined--
"觉醒宝贝儿"
"WokeBaeBae."
他们发的唯一一则内容
First and only post they ever made
就是上传了诺曼·霍罗威茨
was to upload all of Norman Horowitz's predictions
对于他人死亡的所有预测
about who was gonna die.
没有人回复他们
They didn't get any response.
直到10频道放出新闻才有人关注
Nobody paid any attention until Channe 10 got the tip.
听起来发出这些东西的人
Sounds like whoever posted this stuff
决定增加赌注
decided to up the ante
确保新闻发散
and make sure that the news spread.
那个网站上有人在聊是谁干的吗
Any chatter on the site about who did this?
没人知道
Nobody knows.
他们都在猜测 互相怀疑
They're all guessing, pointing fingers.
管理网站的人是谁
Who runs the site?
他们肯定有所有用户的IP地址
They gotta have the IP addresses of all the users.
我在URL地址登记处查过了
I'm checking the URL registry,
想要确认版主的身份
trying to I.D. the board's moderator,
"迪兹司令"
"Commander Deez."
这个人是我的首要怀疑对象
That guy is on the top of my list.
他发了一万五千条关于模拟论的内容
He's made 15,000 posts ranting about Simulation Theory.
我在想他是不是厌倦了
I'm wondering if he got tired
在他的回音室里传道
of preaching to his echo chamber.
或许他决定把自己的信息带给更多的观众
Maybe he decided to take his message to a wider audience.
华生
Watson?
我在这
Yeah, I'm here.
我们说过这事了
We've talked about this.
你知道我讨厌橙色荧光笔
You know I loathe orange highlighters.
我也是 所有人都讨厌
So do I. Everyone does.
这也是在你被神经病枪杀前
It's extra motivation to solve this
我们破案的又一动机
so we can pull it all down
这样才能把这些都撤下来
before you're shot to death by some lunatic.
你说马库斯准备去查
So, you said Marcus was gonna hunt down
那个聊天室的版主
the message board moderator.
我觉得我们通过在网上找其他网站的
I thought we'd get there faster by searching the Internet
用相同用户名的用户
for other sites with accounts
会来得更快一点
with the same username.
结果网上有上百个"觉醒宝贝儿"
Turns out there are hundreds of WokeBaeBaes out there,
都在疯狂发帖
all posting up a storm.
"善者信念全无
"The best lack all conviction,
恶人激♥情♥澎湃"
while the worst are full of passionate intensity."
出自20世纪爱尔兰著名诗人叶芝的《二度降临》
而叶芝都没见过互联网
And Yeats never even saw the Internet.
我知道要查很久 但或许能就此找到凶手
I know it's a slog, but maybe we find our killer
因为他总是使用相同的一套语法和修辞
because he always uses the same handle and semantics.
可能这些"宝贝儿"中就有我们要找的人
I mean, could be that one of these other BaeBaes is our guy
而说不定他在哪写的评论
and some review he wrote about
就会暴露他的马脚
a corndog stand will give him away.
-你好 -是他
- Hello? - It's him.
福尔摩斯先生 在我们交货前
Mr. Holmes, would you like me
需要我确认一下住处的安全吗
to secure the premises before we deliver?
不用 交什么货
No. Deliver what?
这可不明智 要我说的话
Not real smart, you ask me.
把这些都放在自己家里
Keeping all this in a private home.
我希望你清楚自己在干什么
I hope you know what you're doing.
在这签名
Sign here.
那些盒子里都是黄金吗
Is that gold in these boxes?
马上回来
Be back in a sec
还有剩下的
with the rest.
还有更多吗
There's more?
还有好多啊
There's a lot more.
我查到了我被偷走的钱
Well, I found the money that was stolen from me.
我差不多猜到了
Well, that much I figured.
我从来没信任过我父亲的财产律师
I never did trust my father's estate attorney.
他不是那种能让人信任的人
He's not the kind of man who can be trusted.
而讽刺的是 受人信任又正是
Which, ironically, is a job requirement
他在代表莫兰德·福尔摩斯法律利益时的工作要求
when representing Morland Holmes's legal interests.
所以你父亲的律师挪用了你信托账户里的钱
So, your father's lawyer embezzled everything in your trust?
他声称自己没有
He claims he didn't,
不过他确实承认在没有我许可的情况下
although he did confess to moving everything
用我的钱买♥♥进了罪恶股票
into vice stocks without my permission.
我继承的遗产支持着
My inheritance was supporting
各种从事邪恶勾当的企业
all kinds of immoral corporate slime.
因此赚了很多钱
Naturally, it grew substantially,
不过我还是怀疑他捞走了大部分的收益
though I suspect he was skimming off most of the gains.
所以你联♥系♥他之后 他就说
So you called him on it, and then he was like,
天 抱歉 那我寄点♥金♥砖给你吧
"Gee, I'm sorry, I'll just send you some gold"?
我表明他的下肢可能不保后
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表