我们将去世的兄弟沃伦·彭德里的灵魂
We commend to Almighty God
交托给无所不能的主
our brother Warren Pendry.
海格特公墓
生于尘土 归于尘土
Earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust.
英格兰 伦敦
愿主赐福于他 保全他
The Lord bless him and keep him,
愿主面上的荣光普照他 赐予他...
the Lord lift up his countenance upon him, and give him...
要是主还有良知的话
If the Lord had any sense at all,
他应该把沃伦·彭德里
he would kick Warren Pendry right up his ass
一脚踹到水深火热的地狱去
and send him to a very warm place indeed.
这是私人葬礼
This is a private ceremony.
请你马上离开
Leave now.
我们已经对你下了禁令
There's an injunction against you.
你不能来这
You can't be here.
劳伦斯 等我凭吊完了再说
Not until I've paid my respects, Lawrence.
所以你想被逮捕吗
So you prefer to be arrested?
不 不 我想
No, no, I'd prefer,
如果你们不介意的话
if you don't mind,
先把我的事办完
to finish my business!
别 别 别 女士们先生们
No, no, no, no, ladies and gentlemen, please.
别走 别急着逃跑
Don't go! Don't run away!
我可是警♥察♥
I'm an officer of the law!
好吧 至少我曾经是警♥察♥
Or at least I was an officer of the law,
直到这个男人过世的父亲
until this man's dearly departed father
请了一堆律师来对付我
set an army of solicitors upon me,
肆意践踏我的声誉 没错吧
and they did a dance on my reputation, did they not?
是你自毁前程
You ruined your own career.
女士们先生们 这个男人
This man, ladies and gentlemen,
这个站在你们眼前的男人
this man standing before you,
他谋杀了自己的妻子玛丽
he murdered his own wife Mary,
而且因为我想证明他的罪行
and this sorry sack of bones
躺在棺材里这副老骨头
spent God knows how much money
花了不知多少钱来诽谤我
slandering me for trying to bloody prove it!
劳伦斯 我对你的调查
My case against you, Lawrence,
也许会不了了之
might be in tatters,
但不代表他入土的时候
but that doesn't mean that he gets to go in the ground
不会有人站出来
without somebody standing up
揭露他的真面目
and saying what he truly, truly was.
你好啊 沃伦
Hello, Warren.
是我
It's me.
雷斯垂德
Lestrade.
你以为从我这夺走了那东西 是吗
You thought you took the you-know-what out of me, didn't you?
你错了
You were wrong.
你不是该去互助会吗
You're supposed to be at a meeting.
你收到我的短♥信♥啦
You receive my text?
"为了追踪鸽子
"In pursuit of pigeons.
请你速来华盛顿广场公园"
Need you Washington Square Park ASAP."
这到底是什么意思
What does that mean, exactly?
我坐在那间教堂地下室的时候
As I sat in that church basement,
其他瘾君子唠唠叨叨的发言
the droning of my fellow addicts
对我有着强烈的催眠作用
had a powerful hypnotic effect.
突然让我灵光一现
I had a breakthrough.
手头的这个案子
The problem at hand:
三名美国律师在去年相继被谋杀
three U.S. attorneys have been murdered in the last year,
他们都参与过一起控告盗版组织的案件
all of them involved in the prosecution of a syndicate of pirates.
我知道 我也在查这个案子
Yes, I know. I'm working on the case, too.
不能放过任何细节 华生
Well, precision in all things, Watson.
就好比一个人在做几何证明题时
When one is constructing a geometric proof,
必须不时地回顾一下已知条件
one must occasionally review the givens.
我们确信一个叫杰罗姆亚·汤沙的男人
We believe a man called Jeromir Tomsa
受那个组织的雇佣
has been hired by the Syndicate
实施了谋杀
to carry out these murders.
但我们没有证据证明
But we have no evidence
他和谋杀案或是那个组织的联♥系♥
linking him to the crimes or the Syndicate.
我们不知道他们是怎么联♥系♥的
We have no idea how they are communicating.
应该说 之前不知道
Had no idea, I should say.
什么 你想到了吗
What, you figured it out?
他们用了信鸽
They use carrier pigeons.
信鸽
Carrier pigeons.
我监视了汤沙的公♥寓♥
I staked out Tomsa's apartment,
竟然发现 一只腿上绑着密信的
Lo and behold, he had a visit from a bird
鸽子飞进了他家
with a message strapped round its foot.
他读过密信之后 匆匆写下回复
He read the message, he scrawled a reply,
然后放飞了那只鸽子
and he set the beast free.
我一路追踪它到这
I tracked it here.
你还能跟踪鸽子
You can follow a pigeon?
当然能
You can.
现在只需要守株待兔
Now it's just a question of waiting to see
看谁来取这封密信了
who comes along to read the message.
到时就能发现联络人了
We'll have our connection.
你的防身术没白练
You've been tending to your self-defense.
干得好
Well done.
警署派了六个人钻研这个案子
Department's got six guys grinding this case,
但你却凭跟踪一只鸟就找到了突破口
and you broke it open by following a bird.
是啊 不过现在跟丢了
Mm. Lost track of it now, though.
让训练有素的鸽子白白浪费就太可惜了
It's a shame to see all that training go to waste.
你要拿信鸽干什么
What are you gonna do with a carrier pigeon?
算了 我没兴趣 祝你们捕鸟愉快
You know what? I don't want to know. Happy hunting.
华生小姐 能跟我录一下口供吗
Ms. Watson, can I take a statement?
英国
未知号♥码
夏洛克·福尔摩斯
Sherlock Holmes.
是的 我很好 多谢问候
Y-Yes, I'm fine, thank you.
什么
What?
当然可以
Oh, yes, of course.
马上就来
Straightaway.
你的护照还在有效期吗
Do you have a current passport?
是的 怎么了
Uh, yes. Why?
我来纽约之前
Before I came to New York,
曾和苏格兰场的雷斯垂德巡官合作
I worked with an Inspector Lestrade at Scotland Yard.
有人刚通知我说他有麻烦了
Just been informed he's got himself in a spot of trouble.
需要我帮忙
Needs my help.
为了帮他
To give it to him,
咱俩得去一趟伦敦
you and I will need to go to London.
我和雷斯垂德的关系一开始只是互相利用
My relationship with Lestrade started as a marriage of convenience.
苏格兰场中那群
When it came to those at Scotland Yard
同意与我合作的人里
who agreed to work with me,
他勉强算最好的了
he was the best of a bad bunch.
他给我敏感案件的资料 我帮他破案
He gave me access to sensitive cases, I gave him answers.
怎么你以前从没提过
You never mentioned him before.
我们关系没那么亲密
We were never really that close.
虽然作为一个警探来说
Besides the fact that as a detective,
他完全够格
he was utterly adequate.
有时候可能是我
I could, at times, be quite cutting
对他的要求苛刻了些
in regards to his limitations.
那时的我和现在不同 没那么友善
I was a different person back then; I was less warm.
现在算友善吗
Hmm. Less?
因为我喜欢匿名工作
Because I prefer to work in anonymity,
我破案的功劳都归到了他身上
the glory of my casework was accrued to him.
日积月累 他已经
Over the years, he became
习惯了受人瞩目
accustomed to the spotlight.
不可避免的 他开始渴求名声
Inevitably, he began to... crave it.
你也许会说是我让他上瘾了
You might say I turned him into an addict.
对他来说不幸的是
Unfortunately for him,
那个时候 我自己
by that time, I was myself
也在跟我的毒瘾
wrestling with my own far less metaphorical
作斗争
addictions.
所以
So...
他不再无所不能
he was exposed.
你觉得很内疚
You feel guilty.
我非常了解聚光灯的腐化能力
I'm well aware of the corrupting power of the spotlight.
我不惜一切代价来避免它
I avoid it at all costs,
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表