在一个叫歌♥楚德·哈加索的女人家里
was stolen from the home of a woman
被偷走了
by the name of Gertrude Hardcastle.
价值十万
Worth a hundred grand.
小偷从一楼窗户潜入房♥子
The thieves broke in through the first floor window.
这里能看到 他们进入时撞倒了一个书架
As you can see, they knocked over a bookcase when they went in.
他们带着球杆逃之夭夭
They disappeared with the club,
此后便人间蒸发了
nobody's seen 'em since.
如果你们能
Now, if you
-帮我找到它 -它还在这里
- can help me find it... - It's here.
-什么 -它就在这里
- What? - It's right here.
没有入室抢劫案
There was no burglary.
它没被偷
It wasn't stolen.
高尔夫球杆就在哈加索太太
The golf club is in the umbrella stand
门厅的伞架上
in Mrs. Hardcastle's foyer.
看到书柜前腿上的凿痕了吗
Note the gouge marks on the front leg of the bookcase.
它们是被在这些照片里出现过的
They were made by the Staffordshire Terrier
那只斯塔福郡牛头梗弄出来的
which appears in several of these photographs.
这种狗天性♥爱♥咬东西
It's a breed known for chewing.
它在书柜上磨牙
The dog gnawed at the bookcase
接着又掉下来砸坏了窗户
until it fell over, breaking the window.
就触发了警报
That tripped the alarm.
你怎么...
How did you...?
我觉得是哈加索太太
I submit the golf club is in the umbrella stand
自己把高尔夫球杆放到伞架上的
because Mrs. Hardcastle put it there.
她糊涂了
She was confused.
她没找到"闯入"的迹象
When she couldn't find it in the wake of the "Break-in,"
就以为它被偷了
she assumed it'd been stolen.
结案
Case closed.
我会帮你打几个电♥话♥ 看有没有人在卖♥♥
I'll make some calls for you, see if anybody's trying to sell
和独♥立♥战争有关的东西
any items that have to do with the Revolutionary War.
很好 期待你的回复
Great. We look forward to hearing from you.
科鲁兹局长
Chief Cruz?
感谢你能来
Thanks for coming in.
我是马库斯·贝尔
I'm Marcus Bell.
他们是夏洛克·福尔摩斯和乔恩·华生
This is Sherlock Holmes, Joan Watson.
南区当铺的人觉得你或许
The folks at Southside Pawn thought you might be able
能帮我们解答一些疑惑
to shed some light on a few things for us.
他们说你给他们打过电♥话♥ 为了...
They said you called them about...
我从那人家里偷了的东西
The stuff I stole from that guy's house.
我错了 好吗
I'm sorry, okay?
我不知道自己当时在想什么
All right? I-I don't know what I was thinking.
但我都会还回去的
But I'll give it all back.
你可真慷慨
Very generous of you.
但你要怎么让乔治·尼克斯捡回他的命呢
But how are you gonna give back George Nix's life?
你在说什么
What are you talking about?
那场火灾没人死亡
Nobody died in that fire.
乔治·尼克斯在那场火灾几小时前的
George Nix was shot and killed
一场独♥立♥战争的重演上
during a Revolutionary War reenactment
被人枪杀了
a few hours before it started.
我们认为这只是为了分散我们的注意力
We're guessing it was to divert our attention.
声东击西 好让你有机会纵火
Get us looking one place while you set a fire at another.
你觉得是我放的火吗
You think that I set that blaze?
昨晚你参与了对尼克斯先生家大火的
Last night, you were on one of the trucks that put out the fire
扑救工作
at Mr. Nix's mansion.
我们调查你后发现
When we started looking into you, we realized
这已经是你第二次到他家出勤了
it was the second time you'd been on a call to his address.
去年早些时候
Earlier last year,
房♥子的电线短路引发冒烟
the electrical panel at the house shorted out and started smoking.
你们团队接到电♥话♥后前去调查
Your crew got the call to check it out.
我们认为你就是那时候看到了他的藏品
We're guessing that's when you saw his collection.
我们知道烧了那地方的人
We know whoever torched the place
用的是铝热剂和B型凝固汽油的混合物
used a mixture of thermite and napalm B.
是啊 所以呢
Yeah? So?
这不是简单的用汽油放火
So this wasn't a gas can and matches.
做这件事的人有专业知识
The guy who did it had some expertise.
你不是你们这行里第一个
You wouldn't be the first in your profession
假公济私当纵火犯的
to moonlight as an arsonist.
我们昨晚将火势控制住后
After we got the blaze under control last night,
我就进去搜查了房♥子
I went inside to search the place.
好吗 我...
Okay? I-I...
我看到了客厅里
I found a bunch of, uh, antique silver
有堆古董银器 有个壁炉里还有防火保险箱
in the living room, and a fire safe in one of the closets,
我觉得保险箱里可能有些现金
and I figured there might be some money in the safe,
银器又可以拿来卖♥♥
and I could sell the silver,
所以我就把它们包了起来
so I packed my gear with it,
带到了外头
and I took it with me outside.
那就是一时的邪念
It-it was, like, y-you know, spur of the moment.
我看见了就拿走了 就只是这样
I saw it, I grabbed it, and that was it.
我没有放火
I didn't start the fire.
也绝没有杀任何人
And I sure as hell didn't kill anyone.
你们让我去开我的车厢就能证明这一切
If you let me go to my car, I can prove it.
看到了吗
See?
银器被毁了
The silver is ruined.
保险箱里没钱 只有一些旧文件
There was no money in the safe, just some old documents,
都承受不了高温烧化了
and they couldn't take the heat.
如果我计划了场大扫荡
Now, why would I plan a big heist,
我为什么要在起火时
and then leave all the stuff that I wanted to steal
把所有我想偷的东西都留在里头
inside the house while it burned?
你说你昨天早上九点到十点间
And you said you can account for your whereabouts
有不在场证明
between 9:00 and 10:00 a.m. Yesterday?
对 我一天都在局里
Yeah. I was at the station all day.
那些家伙都能证明
All the guys will tell you.
我们那还有监控摄像
And we got cameras there, too.
你现在相信我了吗
I mean, you believe me now?
我信了
I do.
但我不希望自己信
But I wish I didn't.
看来我们又回到谋杀上了
Pretty sure we're back to square one with the murder.
那是什么味儿
What is that smell?
进展的味道
Progress.
我还以为你去睡了
Ugh. I thought you went to bed.
我去了 一开始睡得很好
I did. I slept soundly.
接着又睡不着了
And then I didn't.
药物持续扰乱着
The medication continues to wreak havoc
我的生物钟
with my circadian rhythms.
我觉得自己要化弱势为力量
I thought I'd put my wakefulness to good use.
好吧 但要怎么做呢
Okay. By doing what, exactly?
弥补一个愚蠢的疏忽
Rectifying an embarrassing oversight.
我们昨天忽视了一个极易推理出的结论
We missed a glaringly obvious deduction yesterday.
我是被加巴喷丁害的
I'm going to blame the gabapentin.
我不知道你有什么借口
I'm not sure what your excuse is.
好了 快告诉我我们忽视了什么
Okay, just tell me what we missed.
你应该能想起来用来烧乔治·尼克斯房♥子的
You'll recall the accelerant used to torch George Nix's home
是铝热剂和B型凝固汽油的混合剂
was a mixture of thermite and napalm B,
这东西燃烧产生的温度
which would burn at about a thousand degrees hotter
比烧一座木材房♥所需的燃点高了快一千多度
than necessary to burn down a house made mostly of wood and plaster.
那又怎样
So?
万一房♥子
So what if the house
不是纵火犯真正的目标呢
wasn't the arsonist's true target?
万一他们想毁掉的是
What if they wanted to destroy something
某种更耐热的东西呢
far more resistant to great heat?
消防署长从火灾现场偷走的保险箱
The safe the fire chief took from the wreckage.
你从证物室拿走了
You took it from the property room?
还有里面文件的剩余部分
Along with the remains of the documents it contained.
这是最顶级的
It's top-of-the-line.
它被评价为能够在
It's rated to survive a heated environment
近1000摄氏度的温度中留存下来
in excess of 1,830 degrees Fahrenheit.
但它却无法抵抗催化剂的温度
And yet, it was no match for the accelerant used.
你应该还记得消防署长
You'll recall the fire chief was quite disappointed
很失望东西被烧毁了
the contents were ruined.
所以这不是一次抢劫
So it wasn't a robbery,
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表