but when I was at his place,
我在桌上看到一张打印出的纸
I saw a printout on the table.
是普廖拉酒店的确认回执
It was a confirmation for the Priora Hotel,
昨天入住
for a check-in yesterday.
我注意到它是因为普廖拉在市中心
I noticed it because the Priora is in Midtown,
而布鲁斯本身就住在城里
and Bruce already lives in the city.
我不知道
I don't know.
也许是为了约会之类的
Maybe it was for a rendezvous or something.
多谢 有需要的话我们会跟你联♥系♥
Thanks. We'll let you know if we need anything else.
也许她说得对
Could be she's right.
我完全能想象他不想
I could definitely see him not wanting
把女人带回家看到斯凯勒
to bring a woman back to his apartment to meet Skyler.
不管怎样 他订的酒店
Either way, his reservation
跟他被谋杀是同一天
was for the same day as his murder,
所以至少我想知道
so at the very least, I'd like to know what--
他在那里做了什么 或者谁
or whom-- he was doing there.
贝恩斯教授
Professor Baynes?
我是马库斯・贝尔
I'm Marcus Bell.
我能跟你说两句话吗
Could I have a minute of your time?
我能为你做些什么 贝尔先生
What can I do for you, Mr. Bell?
我刚从注册员的办公室过来
I just came from the registrar's office.
我想知道为什么
I've been trying to figure out why
我没能选上你的课
I got turned away from your class.
我以为可能是计算机出错了
Thought it might have been a computer glitch or something.
但那里的人告诉我 这不是失误
But according to the people there, it wasn't an error.
他们说你看到了我的名字
They said you saw my name
然后你亲自把我删掉了
and you turned me away, personally.
是的 注册员从不说谎 你知道的
I did. The registrar never lies, you know.
我们认识吗
Do we know each other?
我对你做过什么我不记得的事吗
Did I do something to you that I'm forgetting?
因为你这样让我遇到了一些麻烦
Because you kind of have me over a barrel here.
我真的需要这门课
I really need this class.
如果我需要做些什么去弥补我们的关系
If there's something I need to make right between us,
我会尽力的
I'll do my best,
但我得先知道是为什么
but I need to know what it is first.
回答你的问题 不 我们没见过
Answer to your question: No, we have never met before.
但在你申请这门课的时候
But I saw your transcript and your résumé
我看到了你的成绩单和简历
when you applied for the class.
原来
And as it turns out,
我和重案组有些过节
I have some preexisting familiarity
也就是你供职的地方
with the Major Case squad, where you work.
你需要明白的是
The thing you need to understand
这与你无关
is this is not about you.
而是关于你的同伴
It's about the company you keep.
伊凡・科瓦尔斯基
Evan Kowalski.
乔恩・华生
Joan Watson.
这位是夏洛克・福尔摩斯
This is Sherlock Holmes.
我们和警方共事
We work with the police.
好吧
Okay.
我们从会议工作人员那儿了解到
We understand from the convention staff
你昨天在一个讨论组发表讲话
that you spoke on a panel yesterday,
主题是 科幻中的真实科学
"The Real Science of Sci-Fi,"
而在你的讲话过程中
and that during that panel
你和一名叫布鲁斯・德拉莫尔的男人搭话了
you were accosted by a man named Bruce Deramore.
那家伙没有告诉我他的名字
Well, the guy didn't tell me his name,
但是没错 他在我的幻灯片放映途中
but yeah, he jumped out of the audience
从观众席跳出来
in the middle of my slide show,
搞砸了一切
messed the whole thing up.
在那之前你不认识他
You didn't know him before then?
-不认识 -你能告诉我们昨天下午
- No. - Could you tell us where you were yesterday
两点到四点之间你在哪里吗
between 2:00 and 4:00 p.M.?
我就在这里 在另一个讨论组演讲 怎么了
I was here, speaking on another panel. Why?
因为那正是布鲁斯・德拉莫尔被谋杀的时候
Because that's when Bruce Deramore was murdered.
我的天
Oh, my God.
那些计划是真的
Those plans were real.
这证明了这一点
This proves it.
他们肯定因此杀了他
They must have killed him over them.
好吧 我们从头说起
Okay, let's start at the beginning.
什么计划
What plans?
还有 "他们"是谁
And who are "they"?
昨天 在我进行我的演讲时
Yesterday, when I was doing my part of the panel,
你们问到的这个人
the guy you were asking me about
跑到房♥间前面然后开始对我大喊
ran to the front of the room and started yelling at me:
"你是怎么拿到这些计划的"
"How did you get these plans?
"是谁把它们给你的"
"Who gave them to you?
"没有人应该看到它们"
Nobody was supposed to see them."
我叫来了保安
I call for security.
他抢走了一堆我的文件
He just grabbed a bunch of my papers,
然后就逃跑了
and he ran off.
你知道你的演讲为何
Have you any idea why your presentation
令他如此不满吗
upset him so much?
我讲的是
Well, I was talking about a
政♥府♥的绝密项目
top-secret government project.
是种他们试图保密的新技术
It's new tech that they're trying to keep under wraps.
也许这个叫德拉莫尔的人也牵涉其中
Maybe this guy Deramore was involved with it somehow.
我当时在讲这个计划 也许吓到了他
I was talking about it. Maybe I spooked him.
但他表现得好像自己的生命受到了威胁
But he was acting like he was afraid for his life.
所以你觉得你的演讲
So you think that your presentation
具有某种高级机密的性质
was of such a highly classified nature
以至于有人认为值得为之杀人
that someone found it worth killing over.
哪个话题让你觉得如此敏感
Which topic do you think was so sensitive?
是食品复♥制♥机 牵引光束 还是曲速推进
Was it food replicators, tractor beams or warp drives?
都不是 那些东西都是想象出来的
No, that stuff is all fantasy.
而我说的技术是真实存在的
The tech I was talking about is real.
它现在正在被开♥发♥
It's being developed right now.
它将改变一切
It's gonna change everything.
什么将改变一切
What's gonna change everything?
瞬间移♥动♥
Teleportation.
这就是你认为真实存在的技术
This is the tech you think is real?
把人们从一个地方传送到另一个地方
Beaming people from one place to another,
就像电视里那样
like they do on TV?
不 当然不是
No, of course not.
不是这种规模 但是在一个更小的规模上
Not on this scale, but on a much smaller scale,
瞬间移♥动♥已经在被开♥发♥了
teleportation is already being developed.
这就是我在演讲中谈到的计划
That's what the plans I was presenting were about.
好吧 想象一台传真机
All right, think of a fax machine,
但是用来传送有机物质的
but for organic material.
在一边 有人从蛋白质分子开始
On one end, someone starts with a protein molecule
比如说 一条DNA链
-- say, a strand of DNA.
机器扫描分子
The machine scans the molecule,
就像传真机扫描纸张一样
like a fax machine scans paper.
信息以数码形式被传送
That information is transmitted digitally
到另一个地点
to another location,
然后用3D打印机
and then it goes to a 3-D printer,
做出一个一模一样的复♥制♥品
which makes an exact replica.
所以这并不是传送 而是复♥制♥
So it's not teleporting; it's copying.
这就是瞬移的运作方式
Well, that's how all teleportation works.
一份复♥制♥品生成 然后原始的被销毁
A copy is made, and the original is destroyed.
好了 我们明白你描述的东西了
Okay, we understand what you're describing,
但这为什么要保密呢
but why would it have to be a secret?
为什么会有人为之杀人呢
And why would someone kill over it?
因为政♥府♥现在正在研究它
Because the government is working on this right now.
而这项技术运用到人类身上
And it's only a matter of time
只是时间问题
before they scale it up to people.
这关乎到瞬移军队
It's about moving armies.
在历史上有一段时间
At one time in history,
谁拥有了最好的战舰 谁就能掌控世界
whoever had the best ships controlled the world.
然后战舰变成了飞机
Then it was whoever had the best planes.
而等这项技术面世 一切就结束了
When this goes online, game over.
所以 姑且说这些真的是政♥府♥的机密计划
So, let's say these really are secret government plans.
你又是怎么掌握到这些信息的
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表