丹佛
Denver,
西雅图 芝加哥 多伦多 波士顿
Seattle, Chicago, Toronto, Boston.
她跟你说她要去这些地方吗
She told you she was going to all those cities?
不是
No.
几年以前
A couple years ago,
我给她手♥机♥发了封电子邮件
I sent her an e-mail to her phone,
我在里面装了监控软件好知道她的行踪
and put spyware on it so I'd always know where she was.
如果你知道玛丽亚在旅游 为什么还来纽约
If you knew Maria was traveling, why'd you come to New York?
因为我知道波士顿是她最后一站
'Cause I knew Boston was her last stop.
她去年也这么旅行过一次
She did the same exact trip last year.
相同的城市 一样的顺序
The same cities in the same order.
所以 当我发现她从波士顿返程后
So, when I saw she was on the move from Boston,
我就开车上路了
I got in my car and started driving.
我们把这家伙抓起来 应该救了不少人
Telling us to scoop that guy up probably saved a lot of lives.
我会打几个电♥话♥
I'll make a few calls,
确认他是不是在他说的那个地方
Confirm he was where he said he was.
比起他 我对玛丽亚的旅行更有兴趣
I'm more interested in Maria's road trip than his.
她的工作确实很不寻常 但...
Her job is pretty unorthodox, but...
她仍然有可能因公出差
she still might go on the occasional business trip.
可能她在和客户私下会面
Perhaps she met with some of her clients in person.
这也解释了她为什么两年来
Well, might explain why she would go to all the same cities
会在相同的日子里
on all the same dates
去相同的城市
two years in a row.
你确认斯皮科夫斯基的
We'll ponder that
不在场证明时 我们会考虑这件事
while you verify Spikowski's alibi.
其实如果你不介意
Well, actually, if you don't mind
自己思考一会儿的话
pondering on your own for a while,
我希望和你搭档谈谈
I was hoping to have a word with your partner.
好的 家里见
Yeah. I'll see you at home.
昨天国家法警署的人来找过我
I got a visit yesterday from a U.S. Marshal.
一个叫斯崔德·林肯的执行警官
Deputy by the name of Strider Lincoln.
斯崔德
Strider?
这是我听过的第二蠢的名字
It's only the second-dumbest name i've ever heard.
他给我提供了一份工作
He basically offered me a job.
说有人极力推荐我
Said I came highly recommended
但没说是谁推荐的
but didn't mention who did the recommending.
我做了点调查
I did a little digging.
猜猜是谁的名字浮出了水面
Guess whose name came back.
你的
Yours.
我不懂 老兄
I don't get it, man.
你想甩掉我吗
You trying to get rid of me?
对 是的
Yeah, I am.
差不多是这个意思
After a fashion.
你还记得两年之前
You remember I fully supported your interest
我全力支持你当警佐吗
in becoming a sergeant two years ago?
直到你告诉我
Right up until the moment
是因为薪水高
that you told me it was more about
而和工作无关
a pay increase than about the work.
但我仍然认为火苗已经燃起来了
Still, I thought a fire had been lit.
我觉得你再去追求一个新的挑战
I thought it was only a matter of time
只是时间的问题
before you identified a new challenge.
然后 两年后的现在...
And then, two years later...
我在苏格兰场的时候
When I was at Scotland Yard,
我很高兴看着我共事的那些警♥察♥
I was only too happy to watch the moss gather
混吃等死
under the policemen I worked with.
只是对我来说 他们的作用不过是帮我联♥系♥
Only, to me, they were just a means of gaining access
那些我联♥系♥不上的人和地方
to people and places that I otherwise couldn't.
他们也很开心留下来替我领功劳
And they were just happy to stay and take credit for my work.
但我们间从不是那样 对吧
But it's never been like that with us, has it?
不是
No.
你是个很好的警探
You're too good a detective.
我想让你拥有更好的事业
So I want something better for you.
更大...更好的机会
Something... something more.
为什么是法警署
Why the Marshals?
我考虑并排除了缉毒局和移♥民♥局
Well, I considered and dismissed the DEA and ICE
因为他们的任务
because their missions
常常无法匹配你的价值
often don't align with your values.
烟酒火器管制局和特勤局的工作又太单一
The ATF, Secret Service, they're too narrow in focus.
和很多局里的人一样 你不喜欢联调局
And like many in the department, you dislike the FBI
因为他们既古板 强度又高
because of their rigidity and high-handedness,
所以就只剩下国家法警署了
so that left the U.S. Marshals Service,
一个精英机构
an elite agency,
以高专业素质著称
renowned for their professionalism.
我很感激你为我考虑 但...
I appreciate you looking out for me, but...
我在这里很开心
I'm happy here.
而且如果这里不解散...
And if it ain't broke...
确实 但会解散的
Yes, but it will break.
警监会退休的
The captain, he will retire.
那我和华生就没有了赞助人
And then Watson and I, we'll be forced
也会被迫去寻找更好的发展机遇
to seek greener pastures without our sponsor.
而你会留下来和那些警官工作
And you'll be left working with policemen who may view you,
说来不公平 但他们可能把你看作
quite unfairly, as a lesser satellite
一颗脱离了原有行星的小卫星
no longer tethered to the luminaries you once orbited.
你还得应付新的上级
You'll also have to deal with a new superior
他们可能会带来自己的心腹
who might come with their own protégés.
你接触那些最大最有挑战性案子的机会
Your access to the best, most challenging cases
就会被限制
will be curtailed,
甚至直接被封闭
perhaps eliminated.
你的存在感会被削弱
You will be diminished.
听着 确实存在更糟的命运
Look, there are worse fates, yes,
但也有更好的
but there are better ones.
关键是要在它来临时紧紧抓住它
The trick is knowing the right one when you see it.
他发现你就是那个
He figured out that you're the one
把他推荐给法警署的人了
who recommended him to the Marshals.
是的
He did.
然后呢
And?
我们静观其变吧
We'll see.
我不想考虑他要离开我们这件事 但我明白
I hate to think of him leaving us, but I get it.
你当然明白 你换工作
Of course you do. You change careers the way
跟大部分人换衣服一样随意
that most people change clothes.
重点是你为了成为最好的自己
The point being that you have to take risks
必须承担随之而来的风险
in order to be the best version of yourself--
而很明显你已经做到了
as you obviously have.
那你在玛丽亚的全国旅行上查到什么了吗
So, have you, uh, made anything of Maria's national tour?
我电♥话♥问了德瑞克是否知道
I called Derek to ask him if, uh,
有任何玛丽亚的金主客户
he knew if any of Maria's fin-dom clients
住在斯皮科夫斯基提到的那些城市
lived in any of the cities that Spikowski mentioned.
他说他不知道
He said he didn't know.
但他坚称玛丽亚的客户
But he insisted that Maria's clients
从没跟她当面见过
never met with her in person.
于是我搜索了一下
So I did a search
所有的城市和日期
on all the cities and dates,
看看我找到了什么
see what I could come up with.
追随她最爱乐队的巡回演出吗
Following her favorite band?
事实上 她确实在追随一个巡回
Actually, she was following a tour.
但不是你想的那种
Just not the kind you're thinking of.
最后一站在纽约
That last stop is in New York.
我们明早可以去拜访一下
I thought we could pay them a visit in the morning.
唯一的问题是
The only question is,
我们是穿着正常的衣服去
do we show up in our normal clothes,
还是换装去
or do we go in costume?
真有点希望我们不是来办公事的
Kind of wish we weren't here on business.
这个手作魔力展会看起来挺好玩
This Makermagic Fest looks fun.
看来一群工匠 手工艺者
I suppose a gathering of tinkerers, crafters
和科学爱好者确实能有一些模糊的吸引力
and science enthusiasts could have some vague appeal.
虽然玛丽亚不像那种会参加的人
And while Maria might not seem the type to attend,
但我同意她的玩具可以完美融入
I agree her toys would fit right in.
问题是 她是否在行程中
Question is, did she meet someone or something
遇到了什么人或是什么事导致被绑♥架♥
on her travels which led to her kidnapping?
帽檐真不错 哥们
Love the visor, dude.
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表