是富豪 而且其中很高比例
were wealthy, and a high percentage
都被强制监护了
were ordered into conservatorship.
要知道 对成年人申请监护权是极其困难的
Now, conservatorship is extremely difficult
因为存在权力滥用的可能
to get for an adult because of the potential abuse of power.
它赋予一方合法权力
It gives one party legal authority
来控制另一方生活的特定方面
over certain aspects of another person's life,
包括管理其全部资产
including managing all of their assets.
就像布兰妮·斯皮尔斯那样
It's like what happened to Britney Spears.
管理他们的资产
"Manage their assets"--
是有钱人控制别人
rich person speak for controlling
钱财的委婉说法
someone else's money.
是的 金钱会让人做出疯狂的事
Yes, and money makes people do crazy things.
比如往家人的水里下毒
Like poison their family member's water
用一种烈性化学混合物
with a chemical cocktail so potent
强大到有可能会永久性
it has the potential to permanently damage
损害人类的心智吗
the human psyche?
是的 正是如此
Yeah, just like that.
我本该继承家产
I was supposed to inherit,
但 在我精神崩溃后
but, um, after my break with reality,
我爸剥夺了我的继承权 我弟弟得到了一切
my dad cut me off, and my brother got everything.
一切是多少钱
What's everything?
哦 大概一千二百万美元
Oh, about, um, $12 million.
从那么有钱到去当保姆 一定很难吧
It must have been hard going from that kind of wealth
哦 不
to nannying. - Oh, no.
不 这是种恩赐
No, it was a blessing.
我真的觉得帮助孩子是我的使命
I really think that helping children was my calling.
嗯
Mm.
一旦我们发现了这个模式 我们就开始约谈
Once we found the pattern, we started interviewing
一些家属
some of the families.
稍加施压 他们就招了
A little pressure, and they cracked.
凭借搜查令
And with the search warrant,
我们在戴维森院长的衣柜里
we found the gun used to kill Bob Medina
找到了杀害鲍勃·梅迪纳的枪
in Director Davidson's closet.
她这个骗局已经搞了十年了
She'd been running her scam for a decade.
原来她在埃里克森医生
Turns out she was Dr. Erickson's therapist
生命的最后几年里 是他的治疗师
in the last years of his life.
他肯定告诉过她关于他的实验
He must have told her about his experiments.
在探索他的旧实验室时 她发现了
In exploring his old lab, she'd uncovered
被污染的水 并意识到了它的潜力
the tainted water, realized its potential.
我们以谋杀 欺诈
And we had her on murder, fraud,
虐待老人 绑♥架♥ 谋杀未遂 投毒罪名指控她
elder abuse, kidnapping, attempted murder, poisoning.
戴维森女士 你想发表评论吗
Miss Davidson, would you like to make a comment?
你知道 这可能是你最后一次讲述
You know, this might be your last chance to tell
自己版本故事的机会了
your side of the story.
看看所有这些看着的人
Look at all these people watching.
州政♥府♥下令对韦斯特维尤下达的
The state ordered a full investigation
每一项监护令进行全面调查
into every conservatorship Westview ordered.
愿上帝保佑 受害者们能拿回
God willing, the victims will get
他们的权利和资产
their rights and assets back.
而韦斯特维尤本身也已被永久关闭
And Westview itself has been closed for good.
但诉讼才刚刚开始
But the lawsuits are just starting,
更不用说其余的法律后果了
not to mention the rest of the legal ramifications.
我很高兴这件事得到了这么多关注
I'm glad this is getting so much attention.
这些可怜的受虐病人终于能得到正义了
These poor, abused patients can finally get justice.
你觉得这会影响你的案子吗
Do you think it could impact your case at all?
这无疑给我的辩护提供了一个新思路
It certainly gives my defense a fresh coat of paint.
如果陪审团不听道理
If the jury won't listen to reason--
因为我是无辜的
because I am innocent--
也许他们会听一个悲惨的故事
perhaps they will listen to the tragic story
一个普通工匠成为有毒环境的受害者
of a simple tradesman falling victim
那个环境用化学物质影响了我的精神
to a poisoned environment that chemically affected my psyche.
那个环境让你做了什么
And what did that environment make you do?
谁知道呢 反正肯定不是我
Who can say? Certainly not me.
我 我当时神志不清
I-- I wasn't in my right mind.
是的 嗯 被污染的水
Yeah, the, um-- the poisoned water
只在那个废弃的精神病区发现
was only found in the abandoned psych ward.
那里已经没有自动售货机需要补货了 对吧
No vending machines left to fill there, right?
事到如今 我必须承认我小时候
At this point, I must confess I did go inside
确实进过那个废弃病区
that abandoned ward back when I was a kid.
我父亲的警告并没有吓跑我
My father's warnings, they didn't scare me away.
反而让我更渴望去看看
They only made me more desperate to see.
而潜伏在里面的东西
And whatever lurked inside...
一定感染了我
must have infected me.
哼
Hm.
格拉瑟声称那些药物的存在
Glasser is claiming that the presence of those drugs
能免除他对谋杀案的
would absolve him of any alleged responsibility
任何指控责任
for the murders.
这种辩护不可能奏效
There is no way that defense is going to work.
我们有格拉瑟的铁证 你确定吗
We have Glasser dead to rights. - Are you sure about that?
当然
Yeah.
嗯哼
Mm-hmm.
嘿 嘿 抱歉
Hey, hey. Sorry.
我知道我们谈过我不能在这里录制采访
I know we talked about me not recording interviews in here,
但罗杰提到他需要一个音响效果好的地方
but Rodge mentioned he needed a space with great acoustics.
而且你知道 我们要结束了
And, you know, we're shutting it down.
我们这就关了 关
We're shutting it down. Shut it--
关掉 关掉 收到
shut it down. - Shutting it down, copy.
嗨 抱歉
Hi. Sorry.
她说这样可以
She said this was cool.
你会帮我把这些搬上车的 对吧
You're going to help me get these in the van, right?
我马上就来
I'll be right there.
下次就直接上手铐和警车了
Next time, handcuffs and squad cars.
是啊 完全可以理解
Yeah, totally understandable.
再次感谢你接受我的独家专访
Thanks again for going exclusive with me.
说真的 这部纪录片会引起轰动的
Seriously, this doc is going to be huge.
希望如此
I hope so.
经历了这些之后 你理应得到一些好的回报
You deserve something good after what you've been through.
你还撑得住吗 -哦 我 我没事
How are you holding up? - Oh, I'm-- I'm fine.
我很高兴有事可以让我专注
I'm happy to have something to focus on.
当我自己经历一些可怕的时期时
When I've been through some scary times,
我也曾把工作当作治疗
I have been guilty of using my work as my therapy,
但如果什么时候你需要找人聊聊
but if there's ever a time you need someone to talk to--
谢谢你 真的
Thank you. Really.
但我已经有了一位很棒的治疗师
But I already have a great therapist,
而且和韦斯特维尤没有任何关系
one with zero history at Westview.
那太好了
Excellent.
你知道 有件事我还是想不通
You know, there's still something I can't figure out.
你怎么知道私♥家♥侦♥探♥鲍勃
How did you know that Bob the PI
是为卡罗琳·麦格拉斯工作的
was working for Caroline McGrath.
哦 是我们被困在实验室时鲍勃告诉我的
Oh, Bob told me while we were stuck in the lab.
他一旦敞开心扉话就多了起来
He got chatty once he opened up.
我总有这种本事能让人敞开心扉
I have that effect on people.
我们必须回来 因为我们的工作还没完成
We had to come back because our job isn't finished.
这家医院容纳过杀手
This hospital has housed killers,
邪恶实验 或许还有超自然力量
evil experiments, and perhaps the supernatural.
我们作为调查员的工作是收集
Our job as investigators is to collect
和呈现问题与可能性
and present questions and possibilities.
然而 如何解读 完全取决于你们
Interpretation, however, solely belongs with you.
韦斯特维尤是否真的
Did Westview really--
我们要去看看吗
Should we check that out?
我就算了
I might be good.
你知道吗 我也算了
You know what? Me too.
哇
Whoo!
天啊
Oh, God!
该死
Damn it.
剧集 | 菜鸟老警(2018) | 导航列表