We have a family dinner every week.
她去商店买♥♥巧克力糖浆
She went to the store to buy chocolate syrup
这样孙子孙女们就可以吃圣代当甜点了
so the grandkids could have sundaes for dessert.
我说我可以开车送她
I said I'd drive her,
但她是城市交通部门的工程师
but she was an engineer for the city's Transportation Department
干了30年才退休
for 30 years before she retired.
她坚持坐公交车
She insisted on taking the bus.
我什么时候能见她
When will I be able to see her?
很快 她一出手术
Very soon. And -- And I will let you know
我就及时通知你
as soon as she's out of surgery, okay?
你需要什么吗 咖啡还是水
Can we get you anything? Coffee or -- or more water?
不用了 我没事 谢谢
Uh, no, no, no. I'm fine, thank you.
但能不能告诉爱丽丝我在这里
But is there a way I can tell Alice that I'm here?
我们都在这里
That we're all here?
我想让她知道她并不是独自一人
I want her to know that she's not alone.
当然
Of course.
我很乐意告诉她
I would be happy to tell her that.
这件事情会发生
And again, I'm -- I'm very sorry
-我真的非常抱歉 -是啊
- that this has happened. - Yeah.
克丽丝
Kris?
这很奇怪
Ooh, that was weird.
我肯定没什么的
I'm sure it's nothing.
老实说 我讨厌拼图
Oh, honestly, I hate puzzles.
我们为什么要拼图
Why do we do them?
你讨厌拼图的过程
You hate doing puzzles.
但你喜欢拼完的结果
You love having finished them.
但代价是什么 亲爱的
Mm, but at what cost, babe?
代价是什么
At what cost?
亲爱的 我在想
Sweetheart, you know, I was thinking --
我们应该在家里建个健康室
we should create a wellness room at home.
有瑜伽垫 冥想椅
You know, with a yoga mat, a meditation stool.
老天爷
Lord.
我也尝试过
Yeah, I did that, too.
它现在是一个非常安静的储藏室
It's now a very calming storage room
放着我们的高尔夫球杆和行李箱
for our golf clubs and our luggage.
怎么了 宫缩吗
What? Contractions?
宫缩还太早了
Should be too early for that.
可能他也讨厌拼图 所以在踢我
Maybe he's just kicking because he hates puzzles, too.
或许我们应该给威尔逊医生打电♥话♥
Maybe we should call Dr. Wilson.
威尔逊是你的产科医生吗
W-Wilson's your OB, huh?
是的 自从我们来了之后
Yeah, she's checked in on us
她来看了我们几次
a few times since we've been here.
呼叫她 亲爱的
Page her, baby.
好的
Yeah, I am -- Okay.
如果 我是说如果
What if -- Ah! What if --
不会的 还太早了
No, no, it's too early for that.
-如果不是呢 -护士 护士
- What if it's not? - Nurse. Nurse.
深呼吸
Take some deep breaths.
我小时候 我常常盯着镜子里自己的脸
When I was a kid, I used to stare at my face in the mirror
想着能不能用我妈妈的化妆品
and wonder if I could use my mom's makeup
让我长得更像美国人一些
to make me look more "American,"
当时我以为 肤色更白就代表更像
which, of course, I understood to mean more white.
你想变成和其他小孩一样
You wanted to be like all the other kids.
还有我的老师 电影电视里的明星
And my teachers and people I saw in movies and on TV.
我想做个正常人
I wanted to feel normal.
找到归属感
Like I belonged.
你觉得 有一天我们会不再被认为是外来者吗
Do you even think we'll ever stop being seen as foreign?
把新冠病毒错怪在我们身上 显然帮了倒忙
Well, being wrongly blamed for COVID did not help.
还有沃森维尔暴♥乱♥
But also, the Watsonville Riots.
拘役日本美国人
The Japanese American internment.
陈果仁案件
Vincent Chin.
一长段被当作外来者的历史
A long history of being outsiders.
多么讽刺
How ironic.
我们是美国人
We are Americans.
你长的就是美国人的样子
Your face is American.
她的生命体征稳定吗
Have her vitals been stable?
她目前还稳定
Uh, yeah, she's okay for now.
好的
Okay.
你介意我...
Do you mind if I...
爱丽丝 你的丈夫来了
Alice, your husband is here,
你全家都在这里
and your whole family is here.
我们会照顾好你
We're going to take care of you.
你并不是独自一人
You're not alone.
你并不孤单 爱丽丝
You are not alone, Alice.
我等一下再回来看看
I'll check back in a bit.
我很抱歉
I'm so sorry.
我听说了 我不想回家
I heard, and I didn't want to go home.
没有人打电♥话♥寻求帮助
No one called for help.
没有人阻止 甚至没人拍视频记录证据
No one intervened or even took a video.
这太糟糕了
It's so awful.
我希望我可以帮上忙
And I just -- I wish I could help.
好的 克莉丝汀
Okay. Okay, Kristen.
你的宫锁并不规律 也不是很强烈
So, your contractions are irregular and not too strong,
所以看上去只是假性宫缩
so it appears to be just Braxton Hicks.
医生永远都说 只是假性宫缩
Doctors always say "Just" Braxton Hicks
就好像假性宫缩就不痛一样
as though they don't actually hurt.
我知道 对不起
I know. I'm sorry.
医生糟透了
Doctors are the worst.
你说什么
Excuse me?
你别多管闲事了 管好你自己吧 过来
Stop hovering. Mind your business. Come over here.
谢谢 真的很感谢你过来检查
Thank you. We really appreciate you taking a look.
当然
Of course.
我想带你去产科分诊 做个宫颈检查
I do want to take you to OB triage, do a cervical exam,
监视一会儿你的情况 以防万一
and to monitor you just for a bit in case.
我们可以看看宫缩是否影响到了婴儿
And we can see how the baby's doing with the contractions.
不行 我不能离开西蒙
No, no. I-I can't leave Simon.
你就在楼上 如果有事的话可以呼叫
You'll just be upstairs, and we can page if any--
拜托 我不想一个人
Please. I don't want to be alone.
理查德 陪她上去
Richard, take her up.
你在这里闷了一整个晚上
You've been cooped up here all night long.
西蒙可以陪着我 你和克莉丝汀
Simon will keep me company, and you and Kristen
可以去一个没有拼图的地方
can go somewhere where there are no puzzles.
拜托了 亲爱的
Please, babe.
我不喜欢你也痛苦
I don't want you hurting, too.
-好吧 -好
- Okay. - Okay.
跟我来
Come with me.
我会没事的
I'll be fine. I promise.
-这边 -我保证
- This way. - Promise.
威廉姆斯医生放射科
Dr. Williams to Radiology.
桑德拉·威廉姆斯医生请去放射科
Dr. Sandra Williams to Radiology.
尼克 你最喜欢在哪里做移植手术
So, uh, Nick, what's your favorite place to do a transplant?
我前几天把猪的肾放进了一个男人的腹股沟部
I put a pig's kidney on a man's groin the other day.
那还挺有意思的
That was pretty fun.
也许是圣地亚哥
Uh, no. Probably San Diego.
不管什么时候下班 都能找到...
It doesn't matter when you get off work, you can always find...
-玉米饼 -...玉米饼
- Tacos. - ...tacos.
是的
Yes.
我在那边的医学院实习过
Uh, I did a rotation there in med school.
加州大学圣地亚哥分校
UC San Diego?
胃肠系
G.I. Department.
-在奈德·鲍威尔手下学习 -奈德·鲍威尔
- Under Ned Powell. - Ooh, Ned Powell.
是个了不起的外科手术医生 打牌技术很烂
Incredible surgeon. Terrible at cards.
玩桌游怎么样
Uh, what about, uh, board games?
在场的所有人都极其好胜
The people in this house are fiercely competitive.
看是什么情况了
Depends.
好啊 拼字游戏怎么样
Alright. What about Scrabble?
可以
Sure.
这游戏与其说与词汇有关
I mean, you know, that game isn't so much about
不如说跟数学有关
the vocabulary as the math.
对啊 又长又复杂
Yeah, long, brainy words
由只有一分的ATR组成的单词
剧集 | 实习医生格蕾 | 导航列表