It's a scare tactic.
这是恐慌战术
Look at Ketter Sum Holdings.
看看柯特股份
They sued the lawyers bringing class actions
他们为了吓跑那些针对他们的人工膝盖
against their artificial knees in order to scare them off.
提起集团诉讼的律师 就起诉他们
There might be more.
可能不止如此
I think Patti is using this suit to fact-find.
我认为帕蒂是利用这次诉讼进行调查
For an appeal? Yes.
为了上诉吗 是的
Look who they're deposing.
你看他们都找谁来取证
Kalinda, me.
凯琳达 我
Patti doesn't have enough,
帕蒂的上诉理由不足
so she's using this suit t
所以她想利用这次诉讼
o find out if we did anything wrong.
调查我们是否有不当行为
I wish I could agree, but if the law taught me anything,
我不能同意 如果说法律教会了我什么
it's that never, ever trust a man with a limp.
那就是绝不能轻信一个瘸子
Look, if they want to find out more about our tactics,
如果他们想进一步打探我们的战术
we turn it back on them.
我们就以其人之道还治其人之身
Right, every time they ask a question, ask for more detail.
没错 对他们提的每个问题都要求说明细节
What did you mean by that? Can you explain?
你这是指什么 能解释一下吗
Good. Anything else?
好的 还有别的意见吗
Sorry. Okay,
对不起 好
I will sit in with Will; who do we have for Kalinda?
我做威尔的律师 谁来代理凯琳达
Most of our litigators were in on this.
我们的大部分诉讼律师都参与了这件案子
So, they're all subject to being called.
所以他们都有可能被传唤
All but one.
有一个例外
Miss Sharma, have you ever misrepresented your occupation
夏尔马小姐 你是否曾为了访问一位证人
in order to interview a witness?
而采取过不当行为
Could you be me specific?
你能说得更明确些吗
Sure.
当然
Have you ever misrepresented your occupation
你是否曾为了访问一位证人
in order to interview a witness,
而采取过不当行为
as you did with my wife
就像你对我妻子所做的那样
to get into my house?
进我们家那样
Objection, what does that have to do with the Veriscene case?
反对 这跟维洛欣案有什么关系
Well, Miss Sharma claims
夏尔马小姐声称
she's never broken the law in pursuit of a case.
她从未因为查案违背法律
I have firsthand knowledge of such law-breaking.
我这边有她违法的第一手资料
So, Miss Sharma, can you please answer the question?
夏尔马小姐 请回答问题好吗
Could you repeat the question?
能重复一下你的问题吗
Sure. Were you Kalinda Sharma's direct supervisor?
你是凯琳达·夏尔马的直接上级吗
We don't have direct supervisors here.
我们这没这么一说
Did you tell her to investigate on the Veriscene case?
你让她去调查维洛欣案了吗
In what way, "Investigate"?
哪种调查
Okay, Will.
行啊 威尔
I get it.
我明白了
We can do this all day.
咱们能这么耗上一天
You obfuscate,
你装糊涂
I pull the judge out of court,
我去找法官
he raps you on the knuckles for being unresponsive,
让他来狠批你这不合作的态度
and all you've done is waste half a day.
你无非也就是浪费半天时间罢了
I take exception to your suggestion
我反对你说的
that we're wasting anything.
我们在浪费时间
But remember,
不过要知道
I'm not the one with a balloon payment due on his office.
某些人的办公楼的期末付款可要到期了
Was that the elephant in the room?
这不是显而易见的么
Hello.
你好
You were gonna get back to me.
不是说要打给我的吗
I... Who is this?
你是哪位
F&E Construction.
F&E建设
You wanted me to reissue check.
你想让我重新签发一张支票
Yes, I did. I said I'd get back to you, though.
是 没错 但我是说给你打过来
I know, but you didn't.
但你没打过来
So I decided to call you.
所以我决定打给你
Okay, um, let me get all my ducks in a row, sir,
这样 让我把事情理一理 先生
and I'll get back to you.
我再打给你
Sir?
先生
No, you won't.
不 你不会的
Excuse me?
什么
You won't call me back.
你不会打给我的
You have no intention of calling me back.
你根本没打算打给我
I said I would, and so I...
我说了会的
Actually, um
事实上
I think we're done here.
我看我们没啥好说的了
No, we're not.
不 还没完呢
Could you be more specific?
你能更具体一点吗
Did you introduce judges
在你的周三篮球夜
to bookies at your Wednesday night basketball...
你有介绍法官和庄家认识吗
Objection, relevance.
反对 没有关系
Isn't Judge Wynter relevant?
温特法官难道和本案无关吗
The man who awarded you $25 million?
判了你们2500万美元的法官
Isn't he one of the judges you introduce to bookies?
他不正是你介绍给庄家的法官之一吗
Objection. And weren't you confronted
反对 大陪审团不是
about this at the grand jury?
也问过你这些问题吗
Excuse me, Ms. Nyholm,
等等 尼霍姆小姐
you have reference proceedings
你刚才引用的程序
that resulted in a sealed transcript.
其文字记录应当是保密的
Yes, but Mr. Gardner can answer
是的 但是加德纳先生对自己的证词
to his own testimony.
应该可以做出回答
This question requires your knowledge
你问这问题需要先对
of the grand jury investigation.
大陪审团调查有所了解
No, it merely requires Mr. Gardner's knowledge
不 只要加德纳先生对大陪审团
of the grand jury investigation.
调查有了解就行了
All right, we're taking this to the judge.
行了 我们去找法官吧
Okay, okay, okay.
行了 听我说
You are all new to me,
我对你们都不熟悉
so my apologies if I need to be reminded of your names,
所以可能需要你们自报一下名字
but Ms. Lockhart. You are arguing
这位 洛克哈特 小姐 你辩称
the only way these questions could be asked
唯一能问出这些问题的方式
is if they were taken from sealed transcripts?
是从保密的记录中获取了资料
Yes, Your Honor,
是的 法官阁下
someone is leaking them grand jury testimony,
有人泄露了大陪审团的证词
and we would argue this line of questioning
我们认为不应当许可
should be stricken.
这种询问方式
If I may interject, Your Honor,
冒昧打断一下 法官阁下
we're merely asking questions
我们只是基于所知
based on our own knowledge.
正常问问题
And if you can allow me an explanation,
我还想解释一下
the movements that you see,
我这些小动作
uh, these random movements
这些无意的动作
they're the consequence of a neurological disorder
是一种神经障碍导致的
I suffer from called tardive dyskinesia.
叫迟发性运动障碍
And I just didn't want you to misinterpret any of movements.
我不想您对这个有所误解
Okay, I won't.
好 我不会的
I've had this condition since childhood.
小时候我就有这个障碍了
Are you going somewhere with this, Mr. Canning?
坎宁先生 你说这些想表达什么吗
No, I just wanted to explain. Okay, thanks.
不是 我就是解释一下 谢谢
I will allow these questions to proceed.
我允许继续询问这些问题
Your Honor.
法官阁下
But if you produce evidence these questions are based
但是你们要是能证明这些问题
on sealed grand jury evidence,
是基于保密的大陪审团证据提出
I will exclude all such testimony from this suit.
我会在本诉中排除此种证词
We need to get Kalinda to follow Patti and find out
我们得让凯琳达跟着帕蒂 找出
who's leaking this grand jury testimony. No.
泄露大陪审团证词的人 不行
We need to talk settlement.
我们得和解
Will, we're vulnerable.
威尔 我们现在很脆弱
No, we're not.
没那回事
There's nothing there.
没什么实质证据
But what is there doesn't look good.
但是已有的证据很不利
You played basketball with him,
你确实和他打篮球了
you introduced him to a bookie, and he awarded us
你介绍他和庄家认识 他判给我们
seven million above our ask.
比我们提出的还多七百万
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表