I understand you want to push this off as long as possible,
我明白这事你想尽量拖延
but my client has pressing time issues
但我的委托人时间紧迫
that makes that impossible.
所以这是不可能的
I think my point was politically neutral.
我的观点是政♥治♥中立的
I didn't say I prevented individual teacher activism.
并不是说我阻碍教师的活动
But you fired Pamela
但你解雇帕米拉
because she disagreed with these political beliefs?
是因为她不同意这些政♥治♥信念吗
No, I fired Ms. Raker because she was disruptive at work.
不 我解雇雷克女士是因为她影响工作
But if she supported these positions,
但她若是支持这些观点
she wouldn't be disruptive?
就对工作没有不良影响了?
I can't answer that-- that's a hypothetical.
这问题我无法回答 这是个假设
None of us can answer that.
我们谁都无法回答
Mr. Arbitrator,
仲裁员先生
this is an arbitration about facts, not imagined slights,
这场仲裁针对的是事实 而非想象出的慢待
and the facts are that it's within the provost's purview
事实就是 解雇影响工作环境的雷克女士
to fire Ms. Raker for causing a disruption to the workplace.
是教务长权限范围之内的
And if the disruption was merely
那如果对于工作的不良影响仅仅是
because Pamela Raker was a Republican?
因为帕米拉·雷克是共和党人呢
As long as he fired her
只要他解雇她
because of the disruption and not the politics,
是因为对工作的不良影响 而非政♥治♥立场
there's no civil rights infraction.
就没有侵犯公民权利
Okay, thank you.
好的 谢谢你们
Goodness gracious... the handlers have taken over.
天啊天啊 掌舵的都亲自接手了
Mr. Arbitrator, we ask that this complaint be dismissed.
仲裁员先生 我方要求驳回对方主张
And we ask the Arbitrator' indulgence.
我方要求仲裁员批准延期仲裁
we have further civil rights arguments
我方还有其它关于公民权利的论据
but we won't be able to present them until tomorrow.
但得明天才能提交
Objection, Mr. Arbitrator.
反对 仲裁员先生
At a certain point, this arbitration must conclude.
这场仲裁到一定程度必须有个裁决
Okay.
好
Good idea, thank you very much.
好主意 非常感谢
Well observed, well argued, well, well played,
评述到位 辩论精彩 表现出色
and with that, we'll reconvene tomorrow.
因此 我们明天继续
Mr. Arbitrator, please. Hold on.
仲裁员先生 拜托 等等
I will not shortchange justice,
我不会枉法裁判
Mr. Canning, that's not going to happen, not here.
坎宁先生 在这里不会有这种事
It means we'll be here all week if we have to be.
这意味着有必要的话 我们得整周待在这里
So, adjournment.
所以 休庭
Very smart.
真是聪明
Arbitrators get paid by the hour.
仲裁员按小时计费
They love their recesses and tangents.
他们就喜欢拖延和离题
What's next, inalienable rights of life and liberty?
接下来呢 不可剥夺的生命权与自♥由♥权吗
Good idea.
好主意
Yeah, your only problem is damages.
是啊 你们唯一的问题就是赔偿金
All this effort and she's still only out, what, a paycheck or two?
费这么大劲 她顶多也只能得到一两张支票
Hey, it's Caitlin.
你好 我是凯特琳
Yeah, do you have a minute?
是的 你有空吗
The problem we have is damages.
我们的问题是赔偿金
Nice pass, Your Honor.
传得好 法官阁下
Oh, little girl.
小女孩
Angela, give the ball back.
安吉拉 把球还回去
Angela, give the ball. Here.
安吉拉 把球还回去 拿来
Thanks. No problem.
谢谢 不客气
You're Will Gardner, right?
你是威尔·加德纳 对吧
I am. Do I...?
是的 你是
Can just anybody join the game or is it...?
这个比赛是谁都能参加 还是...
Oh, no, sorry, just old friends.
不是 对不起 只是些老朋友参加
Lawyers, judges, weekend warriors, you know.
律师 法官 周末大作战
It's nice to meet you. I'm, I'm not a lawyer,
认识你很高兴 我不是律师
but I am a freelance investigator for Wendy Scott-Carr.
但我是温迪·斯科特-卡尔的自♥由♥调查员
Does that help?
这样能参加吗
I'll be right back.
你们先玩着
You guys have the wrong idea about this.
你们把这事想错了
Really, what's the right idea?
是吗 那怎么想才是正确的
The right idea is, friends are playing ball.
正确的想法是 朋友间打打球
This is not about work. It's about what happens after work.
与工作无关 这是工作以外的事
Oh, yeah, that makes sense-- lawyers, judges, friends.
这还真说得通呢 律师 法官 朋友
There's nothing criminal in socializing.
社交活动又不是犯罪
You're right.
你说的对
See, the thing is, I've been looking
问题是 我查阅了
into the Lockhart/ Gardner cases for the past three years.
洛克哈特&加德纳律所3年来的案件
It's kind of amazing, really.
真的很惊人
Why is that? How many you win.
有什么惊人的 你们胜诉的案件量
We're good.
因为我们厉害
Yeah, yeah, apparently.
是啊 是啊 看上去确实是
You've got, like, an 80% win rate--
你们的胜诉率达80%
Angela, you're going to get really dizzy--
安吉拉 你这样会晕的
often in front of some very, very friendly judges.
案子经常由一些很熟识的法官审理
You have a problem with any individual case, show me,
如果你对哪个个案有问题 尽管说
and I'll show you how we won.
我会告诉你我们是怎么胜诉的
Deal.
说定了
Sabrina, no more apple juice.
萨布丽娜 不能再喝苹果汁了
I have to go, but I will--
我得走了 但我会...
I'll, I'll bring you some odd wins and we'll discuss.
我下次会带些不正常的胜诉案例来讨论
Sure, anything for you guys in the state's attorney's office.
行 我会配合州检察官办公室的任何需求
Come on, honey, I told you.
过来 宝贝 跟你说了
Yeah?
请进
Eli, to what do I owe this honor?
伊莱 大驾光临所为何事啊
Just making the rounds.
只是来串串门
Rounds, what rounds?
串门 串什么门
Seeing how people work, what they do,
看看别人怎么工作 做什么
being... friendly.
表示一下... 友好
Ah, well, sit down.
那 请坐吧
Would you like some Scotch?
要来点苏格兰威士忌吗
No.
不用了
Thank you, though.
但还是谢谢
So...
那么
So...
那么
You want me to share the wealth.
你想让我分享资源
The...?
分享...
My clients
我的客户
who would benefit you,
对你有用的客户
who I could introduce to you
我可以介绍给你的客户
if I were so inclined.
如果我有这个意向的话
And how do I so incline you?
我怎么能让你有这个意向呢
I don't know.
我也不知道
I'm a mystery.
我是个谜啊
Okay, I'll have some Scotch.
好吧 我要来点苏格兰威士忌
We go for the general concept of damage to reputation.
我们要一般性地提出名誉损害赔偿
Pamela couldn't get another job.
帕米拉一直没能找到新工作
Do you need something?
你有什么事吗
Uh, it's not the original e-mail,
这封不是原始邮件
but it's been quoted there and there.
但原邮件在这两处被引用了
Oh, this is fantastic, Kalinda, thanks.
这样就很好了 凯琳达 谢谢
Alicia, it's damages.
艾丽西娅 这些是损害证明
I didn't know you were on this.
我不知道你在跟这个案子
Oh, I asked her to.
是我请她帮忙的
I called her yesterday.
我昨天给她打电♥话♥了
If you need anything else, just give me a call.
如果你还需要别的 给我打电♥话♥就好
Thanks, Kalinda.
谢谢 凯琳达
"She's nice.
她人很好
I just have a real problem with homophobes."
我只是对憎恶同性恋的人很有意见
Did you write that, sir?
这是你写的吗 先生
I wrote that as a private e-mail to one other person.
这些话是写在一封个人邮件中的
Yes, and that one other person
没错 但这封个人邮件发送给了
was another provost at another school.
另一所学校的一位教务长
He asked my opinion of Ms. Raker.
他问我对雷克女士的看法
Your defamatory comment was discovered
你的诽谤性言论被发表在了
on a private web site for college administrators,
一个大学管理者间内部交流的网站上
and that is why our client had difficulty getting a new job.
导致我们的委托人很难找到新的工作
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表