not some keynote address.
他用不着作主旨演讲
So, how is she doing?
对了 她现在怎样
They knew the de-icing fluid tended to freeze
他们清楚除冰液体在机翼里
in the wing lines,
有可能会冻住
but they decided to save money
但是为了省钱
and do nothing about it.
他们决定坐视不管
We move to introduce this deposition into evidence, Your Honor.
法官大人 我们要把这份庭外取证作为证据
And we object, Your Honor. It's hearsay.
反对 法官大人 这是传闻证据
We can't crossexamine a corpse. Really, Mr. Roda?
我们又不能盘问一个死人 注意用词
I'm sorry, Your Honor. Inelegantly put.
抱歉 法官大人 用词不当
But I can't cross-examine the deceased.
但是我无法对一名逝去的人进行交叉盘问
Your Honor, Rule 212 expressly permits the use
法官大人 伊州高法第212条规定
of a recorded deposition when a witness dies.
当证人死亡时 其录制的取证内容可作证据
But only if the court, in its discretion, determines
但这必须经过法庭的谨慎裁定
it won't do a substantial injustice,
认定其不会造成客观的不公正
such as in the case of perjury.
比方说 这可能是伪证
Which is why, in the current matter, I would direct
因此 我提请法庭留意
the court's attention to Mr. Ritter's suicide note.
里特先生的遗书
It consists of two lines.
一共两行
"It's a lie. I'm sorry."
"这是个谎言 我很抱歉"
Your Honor, Mr. Ritter's wife was claiming
法官大人 里特先生的遗孀称
he slept with their 16-year-old baby-sitter.
他和他们16岁的保姆上♥床♥了
The note refers to that.
遗书里指的是这个
We don't know that.
我们不能断定
He could be referring to his testimony in this trial.
他也可能指的是他在这次审判中的证言
At the very least, the meaning is unclear.
至少 遗书的意思是不明确的
Unclear? Oh, really? Are you serious?
不明确? 你不是吧
I'm not prepared to interpret the law...
我可不会曲解法律...
You can all wear yourselves down.
你们就这么耗着吧
Tell me when you're ready.
准备好了你们再叫我
What do we do now?
现在怎么办
We have other options.
还有别的办法
Like what?
比如说呢
We'll ask for a continuance.
我们可以申请诉讼延期
We still have our expert witnesses.
我们手上还有专家证人呢
You thought they weren't enough.
你之前还说他们准备不足
Hold them accountable,
千万要让他们经得住推敲
please... for my wife and daughters.
求你们了 为了我妻子和女儿们
Kalinda, what are you doing?
凯琳达 你在干什么
Um, Eli business. What do you need?
在忙伊莱的事 你有什么需要的
Yeah, I'm already on it.
好 我这就去办
Yeah?
什么事
Adam Spellman-- do you know who that is?
亚当·斯佩曼 你认识吗
Adam Spellman. A businessman.
亚当·斯佩曼 是个商人
Head of the Chicago Black Leadership Council.
芝加哥黑人领袖委员会的头
Yeah, I need you to look into him.
对 我需要你调查一下他
Look? As in, find dirt.
调查? 就是找到他的污点
Why?
为什么
He's the likely keynote speaker at the next Democratic Convention,
他有可能在下一次民♥主♥党大会上作主旨发言
and if he has a skeleton in his closet,
他要是有什么见不得光的秘密
I do not want him blowing up in the face of the Democratic Committee.
我可不希望他给民♥主♥党委员会丢脸
Really? How selfless of you.
真的 你太无私了
Yeah, well, I'm a caring individual.
是啊 古道热肠
I need it quick.
得快
Yeah. Everybody needs it quick.
是啊 每个人都要快
Ah.
啊哈
That was quick.
哎 还真快
It was a blind CC.
这是电子邮件的密送
Ritter e-mailed the CEO about the de-icing problems,
里特给行政总裁发电邮谈了除冰的问题
and on Ritter's copy,
在里特的版本里
there were only two e-mail addresses included in the CC.
他只在抄送一栏里填了两个电邮地址
But on the CEO's copy, he BCC'd someone else.
但在行政总裁的版本里 他又密送了一个人
CS at Herald Equity Group? Who's that?
海拉德资产集团的科·斯? 是谁
Oh, no.
哦 不
What?
怎么了
He's a client of ours from two years ago.
他两年前是我们的客户
He was the venture capitalist on their IPO.
他是航♥天♥公♥司♥首次公开募股的风险资本家
CEO kept him in the loop.
总裁让他待在决策圈内
Great.
好极了
What?
怎么
Well, he's not the most dependable of witnesses.
他是最不可靠的目击证人
He might not even talk to us.
甚至可能连话都不会跟我们说
He won't.
他不会说的
Call Alicia.
打电♥话♥给艾丽西娅
Why?
为什么
He'll talk to her.
他会跟她谈的
Here I didn't think we'd get a chance to work together.
我没想到这里有咱们共事的机会
See? Isn't this fun?
不是很有趣吗
So, you and I should get some drinks,
你和我应该喝一杯
trade whore stories.
交流一下淫♥荡♥的故事
Horror?
可怕的故事?
Yeah. What did I say?
是 我刚说什么了
He's not allowed to touch you, or hand you anything.
不允许他接触你们 或者递东西
There's a panic button at the table if there's any problems.
如果有问题 桌上有个紧急按钮
That's not his style. How much does he know?
这不是他的风格 他知道多少
Nothing. I thought I'd let you broach it.
不知道 我以为得让你提出呢
Just like Clarice Starling, huh?
有点像史达琳吧[《沉默的羔羊》女主角]
Mrs. Florrick, what a pleasure.
福瑞克女士 多荣幸啊
You seem well.
你看起来不错
Oh, under the circumstances,
虎落平阳了
I, uh, do the best I can.
我 尽力做到最好
You have a tattoo, I see.
你有纹身 明白了
What?
什么
Oh. Oh, yeah.
是的
Oh, this... oh, this old thing?
这个 这个早有了
I wanted William Blake's the Ancient of Days,
我想纹上威廉·布雷克的永恒之神
but beggars really can't be choosers here.
但这里的穷♥人♥没见识
And you, Mrs. Florrick-- I imagine you're well?
你呢 福瑞克女士 我猜你也不错吧
Your husband's back in office,
你丈夫重掌大权
you're thriving in your profession.
你的事业蒸蒸日上
The world must be your oyster.
正是人生得意之时
I would say the grass is always greener, but...
我会说这山望着那山高 不过...
Yes.
是啊
Although, there's a refreshing honesty to prison.
尽管 监狱里的坦诚实在令人耳目一新
People don't dissemble here, they just take.
这里的人不遮掩 直接要
My firm needs your help, Mr. Sweeney.
我的公♥司♥需要你的帮助 斯威尼先生
So, that's it for small talk?
小聚就为了这个吗
We're suing a company-- Hammett Aerospace.
我们起诉一家公♥司♥ 汉密特航♥空♥航♥天♥
There was a plane crash.
有起坠机事件
The Dorset crash, yes, I know.
多塞特空难 是 我知道
You were the financier on their IPO.
你曾是他们首次公开♥发♥行的资助者
We had a witness who knew there was a problem
我们有个目击证人知道
with the de-icing system on the plane
飞机上的除冰系统有问题
but he committed suicide.
但他自杀身亡了
Oh, dear.
哎呀
Yes.
是的
Anyway, he was testifying to a meeting you attended.
不管怎样 他证实了你参加过会议
And you were wondering if I might testify in his stead?
你想知道我是否会替他出庭作证
Yes. Why me?
是 为什么是我
Why not O.J.?
为什么不是辛普森呢
Won't the jury be likely to mistrust
陪审团不太可能相信
the word of a renowned wife-killer?
著名的杀妻犯的话吧?
You were never convicted.
你从未定罪
Oh, yes.
是的
One of those fine distinctions in the law.
法律上的微小区别之一 还真是便宜我了
Imprisoned on something I didn't even do.
让我因为我没做过的某件事坐牢
I hate irony.
我讨厌讽刺
I heard America's irony-free these days.
我听说目前美国没什么讽刺的事了
Yes, it's been outlawed.
是的 被立法禁止了
I like you, Alicia.
我喜欢你 艾丽西娅
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表