Mom? Mom, wake up.
妈妈 妈妈 醒醒
I need help.
我需要帮助
Mom?
妈妈
We're fine, Mom.
我们没事 妈妈
We just left Dad's. What's wrong?
我们刚从爸爸家出来 出什么事了
Nothing.
没什么
I just... Nothing.
我只是 没什么
Checking in.
了解下情况
Zach's driving safe.
扎克开车很安全
No. I know. It's not it.
不是 我知道 不是这个
But tell Zach not to get on the expressway.
不过告诉扎克不要上高速
Mom says don't get on the expressway.
妈妈说不要上高速
Oh, your firm was on the radio.
你们律所上新闻了
What? Why?
什么 为什么
Something about a white supremacist.
好像与一个白人至上主义者有关
Donald Pike?
唐尼·派克?
Donald Pike.
是唐尼·派克
He got some witness killed.
他害死了一些证人
Colin Sweeney?
科林·斯威尼?
No, no, it was just some witness.
不是 是其他什么证人
Uh, they were saying that your firm's involved with the case.
他们说 你们律所参与了这个案子
Got to go. School.
得挂了 到学校了
We got to go, Mom. Love you.
得挂了 妈妈 爱你
Okay, leave a note for me on the refrigerator
好 如果你们放学了要去哪儿的话
if you go anywhere after school, okay?
给我留个字条在冰箱上 好吗
I'm not ready. You are. You're fine.
我没准备好 你准备好了 没事的
It's my first time in court.
这是我第一次出庭
I know, but it's not court, it's arbitration.
我知道 但这不是法庭 这是仲裁
It has a $35,000 cap.
3万5千美元封顶
The opposing lawyers will most likely go through the motions.
对方律师很可能会仔细审查动议
It's perfect to get your feet wet.
这案子最适合用来试水了
So, just present your case solidly, competently,
所以 你只需要陈词稳健 恰当
and with as little fuss as possible, okay?
集中在要点上 好吗
Okay.
好
Oh, I think that's the other attorney.
我想这是另一个律师吧
She doesn't look too intimidating.
她倒不是太吓人的样子
Mrs. Florrick. Hello.
福瑞克太太 你好
Martha. What a surprise.
玛莎 真是个惊喜
So, that's who you hired instead of me? Is she good?
你把我淘汰 雇她了是吧 她表现好吗
She is.
不错
Well, she sure is blonde.
那是 她是个金发美女
What pretty hair.
头发多漂亮
I'm glad to see you landed somewhere, Martha.
我很高兴看到你有着落了 玛莎
Canning & Meyers seems like a perfect fit.
坎宁&迈耶斯律所应该很不错
Yes, with 20% less salary.
对 薪水要低20%
Because I thought I was going to be hired somewhere else.
因为我当时以为我能去另外一个地方
I'm not here to offer you life lessons, Martha,
我不是来给你上人生课的 玛莎
but you're a little young to be holding a grudge.
但你还年轻 不该这样怀恨在心
You're right. You're not here to offer life lessons.
说得对 你不是来给我上课的
Good luck.
祝你好运
Good luck.
祝你好运
Thank you.
谢谢
Do you know her?
你认识她吗
I do.
认识
How confident do you feel about this case?
你对这案子有多大把握
Pretty good.
非常有把握
Remember when I told you to just give a solid performance?
还记得我说 只要稳健表现就可以了吗
Yeah. Forget it.
是的 把那话忘了
Kick ass.
全力进攻
Your cell phone is ringing, Will.
你手♥机♥响了 威尔
It's Alicia.
艾丽西娅打来的
Want me to give you some privacy?
需要我回避一下吗
Hello.
你好
I missed it.
没接到
You know, one thing I've always liked about you, Diane?
你知道我一直喜欢你哪一点吗 戴安
You never played games.
你从来不耍手段
You think I'm playing a game?
你认为我在耍手段
I think you need to stop mothering.
我希望你不要再教诲我了
I can take care of my life.
我自己的日子我自己过
It's not your life when it impacts me.
影响到我 那就不是你自己了
Your relationship with Alicia impacts me.
你跟艾丽西娅的私情影响到我了
The State's Attorney's office is no longer targeting drugs.
州检察官办公室已经不再盯着毒品了
It's targeting you. I know.
他们的目标是你 我知道
I heard Peter put Wendy Scott-Carr
我听说彼得派了温迪·斯科特-卡尔
in charge of the investigation.
负责调查
Cary and Dana Lodge are still involved,
凯里和戴娜·洛奇还在参与
but they answer to her.
但他们得向她汇报
But Peter's still in charge, right?
但彼得还在管 对吧
I don't know.
我不知道
I need to know if...
我得知道...
I need to know how personal this is.
我得知道 这件事多大程度上是针对我来的
If I made changes here,
如果我做出改变
would the investigation go away?
调查是否就会偃旗息鼓
If you stopped being close with Alicia,
如果你不再和艾丽西娅走得太近
would that change things?
事情会有所改观吗
I don't want that question asked.
这个问题就别问了
I'll find out. Good.
我会去查 好
Anything we should worry about with this white supremacist
关于这个杀害证人的白人至上主义者
killing witnesses?
我们有什么需要担心的吗?
Donny Pike? No. We're fine.
唐尼·派克吗 没有 没问题
No chance at retribution?
不会报复?
That's unlikely.
那不太可能
Good. Thanks.
好 谢谢
I need some access.
我需要一些料
Really? You've been wanting a lot of access these days.
真的吗 这些天来你想要的料真多
Okay, well, I may need some access of my own,
好 行 我自己也可能需要一些料
so, I'll call you back.
我给你回电吧
Kalinda? Yup. She said to say hi.
凯琳达? 是啊 她问你好呢
No.
不
No...?
不?
The budget's too high.
预算太高了
It isn't, Peter.
不是的 彼得
We've been very careful in analyzing
我们一直很谨慎地分♥析♥
how long this investigation will take,
这场调查要花多久
how much investigator time.
需要多少调查员工时
And how long will it take?
需要多久呢
One year.
一年
That sounds like you're losing your way.
听起来你有点失去方向了
Peter, I'm here because you asked me to be here.
彼得 是你叫我来的
You were worried that if you supervised this investigation,
你担心 如果你来负责调查
you would be tempted to go lightly on your wife's firm.
你可能会倾向于对你妻子的律所网开一面
I applaud that ethical foresight.
对你的伦理远见 我击节赞赏
Now, if I go easier on your wife's firm,
现在 如果我对你妻子的律所有所放松
I won't be fulfilling the task you've given me.
我就没有履行好你交给我的任务
Yes, but your task is not to create a new task.
是 但你的任务并不是创建一个新任务
I'm looking into corruption at your wife's firm.
我在调查你妻子律所的腐♥败♥情况
Wendy, Cook County, like the rest of the country,
温迪 库克县和美国其它地方一样
is going through a budget crisis.
都处于预算危机中
You guys are just gonna have to live within your means.
你们有多少钱办多少事吧
You've been given the steering wheel,
方向盘给了你
but I still put the gas in the car.
但我仍然是给车加油的人
We need a freelance investigator who's good and cheap.
我们需要找一个自♥由♥调查员 又出色又便宜
They're all pretty tied up.
他们全都忙得不可开交
What about Andrew Wiley?
安德鲁·怀利怎么样
Who's that? Good freelancer.
谁? 优秀的自♥由♥人
His wife's rich, so he doesn't need the money.
他妻子很有钱 他不需要钱
He's a friend of yours, isn't he, Cary?
他是你的朋友 对吗 凯里
He tends to go a bit free-range, hard to control.
他有点天马行空 很难控制
Kind of like me?
有点像我?
Not editorializing, just describing.
我不是评论 只是描述
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表