I'm an American. My parents were American.
我是美国人 我父母是美国人
My children are American.
我的孩子们也是
And in 2007, you were a translator in Afghanistan?
2007年 你在阿富汗从事翻译工作 是吗
Yes, during the Marja offensive.
是的 在马尔扎攻击行动期间
I worked for a military contractor.
我为一家军事承包商工作
And it was after this offensive that you were arrested?
在此次攻击行动后 你就被捕了吗
Objection.
反对
This testimony may infringe
此证词会违反
on the Classified Information Procedures Act...
《涉密案件程序法》
Your Honor, the government is denying this arrest even took place.
法官阁下 政♥府♥甚至否认有此逮捕行动
How can it be divulging a state secret if it never happened?
既然从未发生 何以泄露国♥家♥机♥密♥呢
Yes, counselor, in a day
是的 被告律师 即便是在
bursting with Catch-22s,
充斥着自相矛盾规定的今日
this one seems particularly egregious. Overruled.
此举也实属过分了 反对无效
You may answer.
请回答
The day after the offensive,
攻击行动后第二天
four men showed up in my camp.
有四人来到我的营地
I was hooded, placed in a van,
我被套上头罩 押进一辆面包车
and taken to Camp Whitcomb.
被带到怀特康营地
I beg your pardon, Your Honor.
请原谅 法官阁下
I'm AUSA Glenn Childs, and I ask leave
我是助理联邦检察官格伦·查尔兹
of court to join my co-counsel on the defense.
请准许我和协理律师进行共同辩护
My goodness, I thought you Feds
老天爷 我还以为联邦政♥府♥
were going through some sort of budget crunch,
在财政上有点吃紧呢
and I get two of you.
我这儿竟然来了俩个
I'm merely here to supervise.
我只是过来监督的
Mr. Marwat is suing us for $6 million
马华特先生因不曾发生的严刑逼供
for a torture that never happened.
而提起6百万美元的赔偿诉讼
We take this very seriously.
我们很认真地对待这件事
Well, pull up a chair. The fun's just beginning, supervisor.
坐吧 好戏才刚开始 监督员
Ms. Lockhart.
洛克哈特女士
And what happened at Camp Whitcomb, Danny?
在怀特康营地发生了什么 丹尼
Well, over the next six months,
在接下去的6个月里
I was...
我的...
forced into stress positions,
身体被压♥迫♥至扭曲的姿势
punched, kicked and water boarded.
他们拳脚相向 还施以水刑
Why? What did they want to know?
为什么 他们想知道什么呢
If I had ever met Satar Yusuf-Khel,
他们问我是否见过萨塔尔·约瑟夫-凯尔
a tribal leader with connections to Al-Qaeda.
一位和基♥地♥组♥织♥有联♥系♥的部落领袖
And had you? Ever met him?
那你是否曾见过他呢
No, and I told them that, but they didn't believe me.
没见过 我说了 可他们不信
They didn't even believe I was an American.
他们甚至不相信我是美国人
And why are you suing now?
那你现在为什么要起诉呢
My government tortured me.
我的政♥府♥对我严刑逼供
They won't even acknowledge that they did this to me.
他们甚至不承认对我做过这些
I don't want this to happen to anyone else.
我不想这样的事发生在其他人身上
This isn't about the money.
这和钱无关
Good. Then let's all go home.
太好了 那我们都回家吧
Mr. Childs, let's hold the editorializing, please.
查尔兹先生 请别妄下结论
Nothing further, Your Honor.
我问完了 法官阁下
Mr. Childs, Mr. Zschau?
查尔兹先生 肖先生
No questions, Your Honor.
没有问题 法官阁下
But we ask that the case be dismissed with prejudice.
不过辩方请求有偏见驳回起诉
On what grounds?
理由呢
Danny's attorneys have not introduced corroborating evidence
丹尼的律师甚至没有确凿的证据
that he was even ever at Camp Whitcomb.
来证明他曾待在怀特康营地
Because the government has rejected every request
因为政♥府♥拒绝了我们所有的请求
for access to their secret court proceedings into Danny's arrest.
不予提供丹尼被捕后的秘密法庭记录
But I don't understand why
可我还是不明白
the evidentiary bar must now be lowered.
对证据的要求为何降低了
It's just belt tightening. It's not punitive.
这只是出于手头太紧 并不是惩罚
We're reviewing all of my predecessor's long-term investigations.
重新审查前任留下的所有长♥期♥调查案
If it's not about drugs
只要无关毒品
or homeland security, we're cutting them.
无关国♥家♥安♥全♥ 我们就不调查
Sorry.
抱歉
Well, should we just skip the preliminaries
我们要不要跳过初步听证
and get right to the pass?
直接进入宣判程序呢
Ah, Dana, Dana, Dana, is it really your last day?
戴娜 戴娜 今天真是你最后一天吗
Tomorrow.
明天才是
Although, I could go home early if you want.
不过如果你想 我可以早点回家
And miss the pleasure of your company?
错失与你共事的愉快经历吗
My question is,
我好奇的是
why are you here arguing an investigation
为什么你要促成一项
that you're gonna have nothing to do with?
你无法继续参与的调查呢
Pride of authorship.
发起人的自豪感
I spent two years on it with Matan,
这个案子 我和马坦花了两年时间
and we're finally getting somewhere.
最终有所收获
It's an investigation into your wife's law firm.
此项调查涉及您妻子的律师事务所
Actually, Mr. Agos,
事实上 艾格斯先生
it's a RICO investigation
这是针对腐♥败♥的辩护律师行为
into corrupt defense lawyer practices.
而进行的犯罪组织侵蚀合法组织调查
Sounds like my wife's firm.
听起来就是我妻子的事务所
We had a tip earlier this year from a walk-in--
今年早些时候 有线人举报
a private investigator named Blake Calamar.
是一个叫布莱克·卡拉马尔的私家调查员
He said that one of the partners at Lockhart/Gardner
他说洛克哈特&加德纳的一个合伙人
had a gambling problem.
有赌博方面的问题
He took $45,000 from a client's account
他从客户的账户里取了45000美元
to pay off a bad bet.
用来还赌债
Which partner?
哪个合伙人
Will Gardner.
威尔·加德纳
Will Gardner took $45,000 from a client's account?
威尔·加德纳从客户账户里拿了四万五吗
Well, he intended to put it back after a long weekend,
他想过了长周末就还回去
but it was discovered missing.
可是被发现了
This Blake Calamar was tasked with covering it up.
而布莱克·卡拉马尔则受命掩饰
How long ago was this?
那是多久前的事了
15 years.
15年前
It's not our jurisdiction.
那就不受我们管辖了啊
Correct. It was at his first law firm in Baltimore,
没错 当时他在巴尔的摩 初入律政界
but we believe that it points to
但我们认为洛克哈特&加德纳律所
a pattern of abuse at Lockhart/Gardner.
也有此类滥用职权的情况
Wow. Well, uh,
是这样啊
I need to think on this one.
让我考虑一下
You're on your way back?
你要回来了吗
In about 30 minutes. Why?
30分钟后到 怎么了
Kalinda thinks we might have a possibility on this torture case.
凯琳达认为在这件刑讯案上有机会
Really? I thought everything was top-top secret.
真的吗 我还以为都是最高机密呢
Well, there might be a way to find evidence of Danny
可以通过"非最高机密"的方式
at the camp through not-top-secret means.
找到丹尼曾经到过营地的证据
But it'll mean taking the case to the next level--
不过这意味着要改变此案的策略
confrontationally.
用激进的方式
And you're wondering if I'm all right
所以你在想 对于正面挑衅的策略
with poking the bear even harder?
我是不是也认可
Yes... so to speak.
是的 可以这么说
This is not some corrupt oil company
这不是什么腐♥败♥的石油公♥司♥
that we can pressure to settle, Diane.
施加点压力就能达成和解 戴安
This is the government. They can make life hard for us.
这可是政♥府♥ 他们会让我们日子难过
Hey, Mom, pick up the phone. Hey, Mom, pick up the phone.
妈妈 快接电♥话♥ 妈妈 快接电♥话♥
Hey, Mom, pick up the phone.
妈妈 快接电♥话♥
I...
我
Where are you, Will?
你在哪儿 威尔
Lunch.
在吃午饭
Grace. Hi. What's up?
格蕾丝 怎么了
Okay, I'll, uh... I'll see you back here in a half an hour?
好的 我们半小时后见
Right. Yeah, I'll be there in about half hour.
好的 半小时后我就回去
Bye.
再见
Lisa, could you get Alicia for me?
莉莎 能给我接通艾丽西娅吗
Sure.
当然
She's at lunch.
她去吃午饭了
Her assistant said she'll be back in a half hour.
她的助理说她半小时后回来
Sorry. What?
抱歉 什么
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表