As part of the plea agreement, you have to promise not to sue.
辩诉交易的内容之一 就是你保证不会起诉
But get out?
但我就能出去了
Yes. That's why they do it.
是的 这就是他们的交换条件
They dingle freedom in front of your eyes to get a guilty plea.
他们用自♥由♥诱惑你签这份认罪协议
And if I turned down and sued?
如果我拒绝协议然后上诉呢
The last crime lab lawsuit against Cook County
最新一宗因犯罪实验室而对库克县政♥府♥的起诉
resulted in a $10 million reward.
结果是1000万美金赔偿
$10 million?
1000万美金吗
That's... Not a guarantee.
这... 不一定能拿到
And any award you would get, you would have to split three ways.
而且任何赔偿你们都将三人均分
Do you think I should reject this plea?
你们觉得我应该拒绝这份协议吗
No. We're just laying out the options.
不是 我们只是提出这些选项
We have a very good case
案情对我们很有利
against the state's attorney's office.
对州检办很不利
We won a lawsuit last year
我们去年赢过一个案子
on exactly these kind of crime lab missteps.
恰是关于这类犯罪实验室过失的
And it's important to hold these people responsible.
而且让这些人承担责任是很重要的
But... - We're not the ones who have to sit in prison for another year.
但... 必须再坐1年牢的不是我们
You have no idea what that kind of money would mean.
你无法想象那么多钱意味着什么
My family...
我家人...
It would change everything for us.
那会改变我们所有的一切
I guess the question, then, is...
我想现在的问题是
is it worth it to spend another year in prison
为了这个可能性而在牢里再待1年
to maybe change everything?
是否值得
More or less.
基本就是这样
And how long do I have to decide?
我有多长时间做决定
72 hours.
72小时
What would you do?
换你会怎么做
I have no idea.
我也不知道
So, what do you think?
你怎么觉得
I think she needs the money.
我觉得她需要钱
Who doesn't?
谁不需要呢
A recently released report from an independent police review authority
某独♥立♥警♥察♥审查机构新近发布的报告显示
has found evidence of a cover-
有证据表明
meant to protect a Chicago police officer.
有人蓄意包庇一名芝加哥警官
This panel investigated the controversial shooting
这个小组审查了一起在芝加哥高架列车站
of an unarmed man on Chicago's El Train.
发生的有争议的枪击平民案
This report,
这份报告
exhaustively investigated
经过声望显赫的蓝带小组成员
by a prestigious blue ribbon panel
竭尽全力的调查
that even included the wife of the state's attorney himself,
成员甚至包括州检察官夫人
has found a cover-up by local officials,
报告指出当地公职人员
including the state's attorney.
包括州检察官均有包庇嫌疑
Kresteva also dropped a bombshell
克里斯特瓦更扔出一枚重磅炸♥弹♥
that should complicate the ongoing Illinois political scene.
使当前伊利诺伊州政坛更加复杂
I am running for governor of the great state of Illinois.
我将竞选伊利诺伊州州长一职
Together, we need to stop corruption like this.
我们必须阻止这类腐♥败♥案件
We need to stop people like the state's attorney
我们必须阻止州检察官这样的人
from covering up police shootings like this one.
像本案这样包庇警方枪击平民
What's wrong?
怎么了
Everything.
全乱套了
I was never the best father or husband
以前 我作为父亲 丈夫
or person, really.
乃至为人 都不是最好的
But then something happened to me.
但随后发生的事改变了我
My son was diagnosed
我儿子被诊断患有
as having acute lymphoblastic leukemia,
急性淋巴细胞白血病
and I just woke up,
那时我才醒悟
like Paul on the road to Damascus,
如同保罗在前往大马士革的路上
except I was at a Bears tailgater
只不过我当时是在熊队的车尾野餐会
stripped down to my underwear.
脱得只剩内♥裤♥
Damn it. Damn it.
混♥蛋♥ 混♥蛋♥
What's wrong?
怎么了
I just didn't see something coming.
发生了一些出乎我预料的事情
Have you seen my shoe?
看到我鞋子了吗
It's on your foot.
在你脚上
Yeah, the other one.
我是说 另一只
Who's that?
那是谁
The competition.
竞争对手
My competition?
我的竞争对手?
No, Peter's. Peter's.
不 是彼得的 彼得的
You're thinking about him, aren't you.
你在想他 对吧
You're in bed with me,
你肉体跟我在一起
but you're thinking about him.
心里却想着他
You're joking, right?
你开玩笑的 对吧
That was a joke?
笑话好冷
Come here.
过来
No, I need my shoe. Eli, come here.
不 我要我的鞋 伊莱 过来
Oh, my God, look at this, ten messages.
我的老天 看这个 十条未读信息
He's been trying to reach me all morning.
他一早上都在找我
Come over here.
快过来
You're referring to Peter Florrick,
你是指彼得·福瑞克
the state's attorney?
州检察官吗
This was a mistake, wasn't it?
这是个错误 对吧
Yes.
没错
Now go off to your Peter.
去找你家彼得吧
Not without my sh...
我还没找到鞋...
Our first date.
第一次约会就这样
Now that would be bad enough,
这本该够糟了
Yeah, this was a mistake. but then something else happened.
没错 这是个错误 但之后又有事发生了
The wife of the state's attorney,
州检察官的夫人
Alicia Florrick, asked me into her office
艾丽西娅·福瑞克邀请我去她办公室
and told me if I changed this report
告诉我如果我修改这份报告
and exonerated her husband, that she would sign too.
免其丈夫之责 她就会签字
Damn it. Damn it!
混♥蛋♥ 混♥蛋♥
So, we only get the Alford plea
所以只有全体赞成的前提下
if we all agree.
才接受这份阿尔弗德答辩
So, where are we?
情况如何
Pamela wants to hold out for a civil suit.
帕梅拉想等到民事诉讼阶段
Oh, I'm sure she does after your sales job.
在你做完推销后 她当然会这么做
Excuse me, are you accusing me?
不好意思 你是在指责我吗
It's money to you.
对你来说这就是钱
It's a potential $10 million law suit,
这可能是一份1000万美金的案子
and you get 20% of that.
你能拿到20%的抽成
You can't get 20% of freedom.
但你拿不到20%的自♥由♥
Okay, let's keep it civil. Tommy?
好了 大家都文明一点吧 汤米
Megan wants to take the plea.
梅根想签这份协议
She was beaten up in prison yesterday.
她昨天在牢里被打了
So, here we go with the emotional blackmail.
又开始情感勒索了
No, it's not blackmail. I'm just telling you the facts.
不 这不是勒索 我只是在陈述事实
Shs being targeted in prison.
她在牢里被盯上了
And this talk of a civil suit's just making it worse.
这个民事诉讼的事使事情变得更糟
What about your client.
你的客户怎么说
Lindsey hasn't made up her mind yet.
琳赛还没决定
She doesn't want to admit to something she didn't do.
她不想承认自己没做过的事情
Exactly.
确实
But she doesn't want to spend the rest of her life in prison, either.
但她也不想下半辈子都在牢里
Look, we all know this case is a slam dunk.
我们都知道这案子很有把握
The only reason the state attorny is even offering us the Alford plea
州检察官提出阿尔弗德答辩的唯一原因
is because he's on the run.
是因为他想快点脱身
You're married to him, right? Then Tell us.
你是他老婆 对吧 跟我们说说吧
I can't speak to that.
这我无法回答
Well, none of us can.
我们没人可以
We all know of cases which seemed like slam dunks
我们都见过那种看似很有把握的案子
and turned out not to be.
最后却满不是那么回事
Okay, so we have three days to figure out whether we have a slam dunk.
好 我们有3天时间弄清这案子是否有把握
I agree.
同意
Our clients are looking for assessment of their chances,
我们的客户希望能对胜算做出评估
and the prosecution is using our dissention against us.
而检方则正是利用我们的分歧来对付我们
So let's use this remaining time to see what case we have, okay?
那我们就利用余下时间来斟酌一下 好吗
You're on it, right?
你在调查吧
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表