This is court-ordered mediation.
这是一次法♥院♥命令的调解
It's not opt-out mediation
不是可以退出的调解
or I-don't-feel-like-it mediation.
你们喜欢与否无所谓
We know that, but what can we do?
我们知道 但我们能怎么做
We can't negotiate with a stone.
我们总不可能和石头谈条件吧
Yes, but you can lower your ask.
是的 但你们可以降低索赔金额
Given the set of facts I'm looking at,
根据我所了解到的一系列事实
well, it's way to high.
这个金额太高了
And the law is far from clear as to...
而且法律也没有明确...
Then let's go to court.
那我们庭上见
Look, the judge doesn't want to clutter up his docket.
听着 法官不想打乱他手上的案件
That's why he empowered me to keep you here
所以他授权我与你们调解
as long as I want to reach a compromise.
只要我坚持调解 你们就不能退出
And I will.
我会坚持的
So show me some movement.
所以 请让我看到你们的行动
Our client wanted to sue for $38 million in punitive.
我们的委托人希望索赔3800万美元
We got her down to 14.
我们让她降到了1400万
That is movement.
这就是行动
But where is theirs?
但他们的行动呢
Think about a new ask.
再考虑一个新的金额吧
I need you to raise your offer.
你们得提高出价
Oh, come on.
得了吧
Given the set of facts I'm looking at,
根据我所掌握的一系列情况
well, it's way too low.
赔偿金额太低了
And the legal issues... What about their ask?
而且法律问题... 他们想要多少
$12 million for what was clearly an accident?
对于一场明显的意外事故索赔1200万?
$14 million.
1400万
Oh, my God. It keeps going up.
天哪 越要越多
No, it was always $14 million.
不 一直都是1400万
Exactly, because they won't move.
正是 因为他们不会让步
That's Will Gardner's M.O.
这就是威尔·加德纳的惯用伎俩
He gets his opposition negotiating with themselves
让对手自己说服自己让步
so he can just sit back and...
他们只要坐等...
Okay, the good news is,
好消息是
they've agreed to an increase in their offer.
他们同意提高赔偿
Really?
是吗
Yes-- $100,000.
是 提高10万
As a goodwill gesture.
作为善意的表示
But it's linked to an equivalent reduction in your ask.
但也需要你们相应减少索赔金额
We're not meeting in the middle.
这算谈不拢了
You are meetig in the middle.
你们必须谈拢
Everyone's meeting in the middle, or I keep you here.
每个人都必须谈拢 否则就继续调解
This was an unfortunate accident...
这是一起不幸的意外事故
Wait a minute.
等一下
I know Celeste works under the mistaken impression
我知道莎丽斯特有个错误的观念
that if she says something enough times,
她以为 如果她把某事重复足够多遍
it'll make it true,
就会变成真的
but this wasn't an accident; this was fraud.
但这事不是意外 是欺诈
Deposition 101, page 58.
证词101条 58页
"But wasn't this an accident, ma'am?" Answer...
"这不是一次意外吗 女士" 回答是...
No, an accident is unintentional.
不 意外是指无心之失
What your client did to me was intentional.
你委托人对我做的事是故意的
You sound angry, ma'am.
听上去你很生气 女士
Do I?
有吗
I guss I am. I...
我猜是的 我
Would you like to take a break, Maggie?
你需要休息一下吗 玛姬
Can we get you anything for your pain?
用我给你找点止疼的东西吗
Thank you, Mr. Gardner.
谢谢你 加德纳先生
Why don't we let Maggie raise her hand when she wants to take a break
让玛姬在她想休息时 举手示意就好了
instead of continually vocalizing her pain into the record?
不必一次次对着镜头强调她的疼痛
Wow, Celeste. Cynical much?
莎丽斯特 讽刺吗
Only since your fifth interruption. Thank you,
在你第5次打断后 谢谢
but I don't need a break.
但是我不需要休息
She doesn't need a break, Will.
她不需要休息 威尔
Can I continue now?
现在可以继续了吗
It's up to you.
取决于你
This was all caused by an accident four years ago, wasn't it?
这都是由4年前的一次意外引起的 是不是
I was in a car accident.
那时我出了车祸
It caused DDD-- degenerative disc disorder.
造成退行性腰椎间盘病变
It's misaligned vertebrae discs.
腰椎间盘移位
And Dr. Farland, the man you are suing, my client,
而法兰德医生 你起诉的被告 我的委托人
suggested an operation.
建议手术治疗
He did.
是
He said I needed an SCS-- a spinal cord stimulator.
他说我需要使用脊髓电刺♥激♥器
A device like this?
像这样的设备?
Our client was given a chance to choose
法兰德让我方委托人
which model to have surgically implanted
从食品药物管理局许可的12种模型中
from a catalogue of 12 FDA-approved models.
选取一种进行手术植入
But she didn't choose any-- that's the defense's point.
但她没有选 这就是被告方辩解的关键
Yes, but I expected him
是 但是我指望他
to pick one of the FDA-approved devices.
从食品药物管理局许可的设备中选一个
I was never told there was another option.
我从没被告知还有其它选择
And what happened after the operation, Maggie?
手术之后发生了什么 玛姬
The pain was gone.
疼痛消失了
I was ready to worship Dr. Farland.
我正准备敬仰信任法兰德医生
But then the pain came back?
但是后来疼痛又出现了?
Yes, it was like a deal with the Devil.
对 就像和魔鬼打交道
It came back three times worse.
疼痛比过去严重了三倍
But that's not why you brought suit.
但这不是你起诉的原因
No. About a month after my operation,
对 大约在手术后一个月
I received an itemized bill for the SCS.
我收到了一份脊髓电刺♥激♥器帐单明细
On it was listed the manufacturer and the inventor.
上面标明了制♥造♥商和发明者
And who was the inventor?
谁是这个发明者
My doctor, Dr. Farland.
我的医生 法兰德医生
And this device he invented--
他发明的这个设备
it was not FDA-approved?
没有经过食品药物管理局的认证?
That's right.
是的
He just implanted it in me like I was a guinea pig.
他把它植入我体内 拿我当小白鼠
I want to sympathize--
我表示同情
I do-- but you can't keep asking for $14 million.
真的 但你们不能坚持要1400万
Maggie has three children.
玛姬有3个孩子
She is in constant pain.
她遭受不断的疼痛
Her life has been shortened by a decade.
她的寿命缩短了十年
Her husband left her,
丈夫弃她而去
and she's being kicked out of her house,
她被赶出家门
all because she can not hold down a job
都是因为她不能保住工作
or offer spousal companionship.
也不能尽配偶义务
Now, if that happened to me
如果这种事发生在我身上
from a doctor who experimented on me without my knowledge,
医生在我不知情的情况下 拿我做实验
I'm sorry, but I would be asking for twice as much.
对不起 但我会索要两倍的赔偿
Good job. Keep on him.
干得好 继续攻他
And, everyone, the mediator's threatening
大家听好 调解员扬言
to keep us here through the weekend,
周末我们也要在这儿参加调解
and I think he means it, so make arrangements.
我想他是说真的 所以早做打算
We might have a slight edge in mediation.
我们在调解中可能占有轻微优势
The mediator seems sympathetic.
调解员看上去对我们抱有同情
Really? Will that matter?
是嘛 这管用吗
Not really.
也不算
We're heading to trial either way,
不管怎样我们都要上庭审
but it shows our argument's working.
但至少证明我们的论理有说服力
What's up there? I just got a call.
那边情况如何 我刚接到一个电♥话♥
Someone who needs crisis management.
有人需要危机管理服务
One of our clients?
我们的某个客户?
No, someone impressed with the Florrick rehabilitation.
不 是对福瑞克复职欢欣鼓舞的人
Now I'm starting to feel like a slacker.
现在我开始觉得自己是个懒虫
Eli is starting to clock more billable hours than us.
伊莱的计费工时 现在都开始超过我们了
Who is it, one of the airlines?
是谁 航♥空♥公♥司♥吗
I heard a jet went off the runway at O'Hare.
我听说奥黑尔机场有架喷气机偏离跑道
No, but I might be able to sign them.
不是 但我有可能签下他们的案子
I can decide for both of us?
我的决定能代表我们俩吗
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表