I just, uh, I want to be... What?
只是我真心想当... 当什么
A mom.
一位母亲
Thank you.
谢谢你们
Well...
那么
Yes?
怎么
You should talk to her.
你该和她去谈谈
I will.
我会的
Mr. Sweeney's sperm was not a gift.
斯威尼先生的精♥子♥不具有赠与性质
Your Honor, even assuming this turkey baster fiction is true,
法官阁下 即使这烤火鸡烧油管的臆断是真的
the sperm at issue was donated without expectation of return.
精♥子♥在这种情况下给予是没有期望其归还的
Ergo, a gift.
因此证明具有赠与性质
Mr. Lee, you're arguing contraceptive fraud.
李先生 你主张避孕欺诈
Your position is Mr. Sweeney's
你的观点是斯威尼先生的
property has been... misappropriated?
"财产"被盗用?
Your Honor, does this even merit a response?
法官阁下 这简直是荒谬至极
The concept here is that if
我的观点是
the property were not put to its proper use...
要是"财产"没有被正确地使用...
Wait a minute. If we agree to call it "Property," Your Honor,
等等 要是我们同意称其为"财产"
then it was abandoned property.
那它就属于被抛弃的"财产"
And whoever claims abandoned property
而取得被抛弃"财产"的人
has the right to put it to any use.
都有权依照自己的意愿使用
Okay, enough.
好了 够了
I'm intrigued enough to allow plaintiff to argue contraceptive fraud.
我允许对于避孕欺诈的主张
Disgusted, but intrigued.
我觉得很恶心 但是觉得有道理
Thank you, Your Honor.
谢谢 法官阁下
With the caveat...
给你提个醒
...that I have heard no evidence to substantiate such a claim.
我没发现有证据能证实这么一个说法
And the burden of proof remains with Mr. Sweeney.
举证责任在斯威尼先生这边
Then we would like to recall a witness to the stand.
那我们得重新传唤一位证人出庭
These invoices reflect payments Mr. Drescher made to you.
这些发♥票♥可以看出 德烈夏先生给过你钱
How do you explain them?
你怎么解释
Compensation.
这是补偿金
Gerald recognizes the value of a good employee.
杰罗德善于发现有价值的员工
But compensation from his shell company?
从他的皮包公♥司♥拿来的补偿金?
I didn't know where it came from. I just accepted it.
我不知道这钱从哪来 我只是收了钱
And there was no quid pro quo?
难道没有其它抵偿条件?
No...?
没有什么
No trade-off?
没有其它交换条件?
No expectations Mr. Drescher
德烈夏先生没有希望
would receive something in return? No.
得到任何回报? 没有
Just to clarify, Isobel--
说明一下 伊索贝尔
Ms. Swift-- your testimony
斯威夫特女士 你的证词是
is that your child is the result of consensual sex
你的孩子是你和我们当事人
between you and our client?
自愿性行为的结果?
Yes, of course.
是的 没错
In February of 2008, did you take a class
在2008年的2月 你是否参加了
about artificial insemination at the Kenwood Learning Center?
在肯伍德学习中心开办的人工授精课程?
Do you need a moment, ms. Swift? No.
需要想想吗 斯威夫特女士 不用
I just needed to remember.
我只是得回忆下
Yes, I did take such a class.
是的 我上过这课程
And did you ask the teacher of that class
那你有没有问过那课程老师
how long sperm could survive in a turkey baster?
精♥子♥能在烤火鸡浇油管里存活多久?
Your Honor, objection. Hearsay.
反对 法官阁下 这是传闻证据
Actually, the question is properly phrased.
这问题措辞很得当
If Ms. D'Arcy went further
要是达西女士更进一步
and asked for the teacher's response,
询问老师的回答
that would be hearsay,
那才是传闻证据
So you may answer the question.
你可以回答这个问题
I don't remember what I asked.
我不记得我问过什么了
I might have; I might not have.
也许问过 也许没问过
Nothing further, Your Honor.
没有问题了 法官阁下
Ms. Swift,
斯威夫特女士
for the record,
郑重证明下
you never had any quid pro quo with,
你从来没有和德烈夏先生有过
or trade-offs, with Mr. Drescher?
任何的交换条件?
No, I never did. Thank you.
没有 我从来没有过 谢谢
So if... And I wasn't going to say this,
这么说来 我本来不想说的
but since I'm being called a liar,
可既然我已经被称为骗子了
I never asked anybody about a turkey baster.
我从来没问过关于烤火鸡浇油管的事情
Never.
从来都没有
Counselor,
律师女士
anything further?
还有什么问题吗
Actually, Your Honor,
法官阁下
pursuant to the Code of Professional Responsibility,
根据《职业行为规范》
I have no further questions.
我没有其它问题了
You did great today, Caitlin.
你今天干得很好 凯特琳
Really great.
真的很棒
You don't have to be nice.
你不必刻意恭维
I'm fine.
我没事
Those are...?
这些是?
Invitations.
参加婚礼的
To the wedding.
请帖
Sorry, yesterday I must've seemed crazy,
对不起 我昨天要把这些藏起来
hiding them from you.
肯定看起来神经兮兮的
I was just embarrassed.
只是因为我觉得尴尬
I'm...
我...
I'm sorry if I came down on you hard before.
如果我以前对你要求苛刻的话 我深表歉意
I think I may have misinterpreted a few things.
我想我可能对一些事情理解有偏差
Office politics around here can tend to make people paranoid.
这里的办公室政♥治♥容易让人疑神疑鬼
You didn't come down hard, Alicia.
艾丽西娅 你没有对我苛刻
You were great.
你很好
You're a good lawyer, Caitlin.
凯特琳 你是个很棒的律师
You're smart and clever,
你聪明灵活
and you handled today's questioning like a pro.
你今天的盘问相当专业
You can't give this up.
你不能放弃这些啊
If you give this up for someone--
如果你为了某人而放弃这些
even someone important to you--
即便是对你很重要的某个人
there's a chance you'll regret it.
你以后很可能会为此后悔的
I'm not giving it up for my fiancé.
我不是为了我的未婚夫而放弃事业的
I'm giving it up for myself.
我是为自己而放弃的
I like the law, but I love my fiancé.
我喜欢法律 但我爱我的未婚夫
But you don't need to choose.
但你不必二者选其一啊
There's no reason why you can't work,
工作 做妻子 当母亲
be a wife and a mother.
完全可以并行不悖啊
But I want to choose.
但是我想选择
Maybe it's different for my generation, but...
可能对我的同龄人不一样 但
I don't have to prove anything.
我不必去证明什么事情
Or if I have to, I don't want to.
即便我必须证明的话 我也不想
I'm in love.
我有我深爱的另一半
Thank you.
谢谢
I'm sorry I wasn't a great mentor, Caitlin.
凯特琳 对不起 我不是个好师♥傅♥
You were a great mentor.
你是个好师♥傅♥
Thank you.
谢谢
This is Daddy's law firm, Stanton.
这是爸爸的律师事务所 斯坦顿
Oh, and these are Daddy's lawyers.
这是爸爸的律师团
Mr. Sweeney,
斯威尼先生
this is... unexpected.
这 太出乎意料了
Yes, well, Isobel and I have reached
是的 伊索贝尔和我达成了
a sensible accommodation, haven't we?
明智的和解 是吗
We have.
是的
An affidavit pursuant to which my beloved acknowledges
根据一份宣誓过的声明 我的心爱之人承认
she was impregnated by, shall we say, unconventional means.
她是通过非传统方式受孕的
And further acknowledges Mr. Drescher's involvement.
同时她也承认了德烈夏先生对此事的参与
Remarkable.
精彩
Yes, I'm always happy to swap legal fees
把律师费换成一个上市公♥司♥2000万的股票
for a $20 million stake in a public company.
我永远乐于接受
Um, so, uh,
呃 那么
the two of you are now...?
你们二位现在是
Raising a child.
共同抚养一个孩子
Ain't it grand?
难道这不棒吗
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表