Just nervous.
就是有点紧张
You're doing fine. Thank you.
你做得很好 谢谢
Now, Derek, you claimed
德里克 你提到
that Kara didn't consider suicide
卡拉在看到我客户那则
until after she saw my client's YouTube preview of the suicide.
有关自杀的预告片之前从没想过要自杀
Yeah, that's right. It was right around then.
对 这就是她自杀前的事
Good.
很好
Do you recognize this?
你认识这个吗
Yes, that's Kara's Facebook page.
是的 这是卡拉的脸谱网页面
Could you read the quote she posted?
你能念一下她发布的留言吗
"Down in the graveyard, they're all quiet,
"坟墓之中 寂静无声
and the women have got to hold their tongues."
妇人们不再嚼舌根"
Right.
对
What's that from?
这话引自哪里
Ethan Frome.
《伊坦·弗洛美》
Which is a novel about hopeless lovers
这是本讲述绝望的情人
who resort to suicide?
最终自杀的小说对吗
Yes. And she added this to her Facebook page
是的 她是在看过那段视频6个月之前
six months before she saw the YouTube video?
在她的脸谱网主页上写下这段话的对吗
Objection.
我反对
Your Honor, is Miss D'Arcy really trying to blame a novel?
法官阁下 达希小姐是在怪罪一本小说吗
Seems to make about as much sense as blaming a video.
貌似跟怪罪一则视频差不多
Well, I see both your points.
我明白你们的意思
But I'm going to have to overrule that objection.
但这次反对不成立
And five months before seeing the YouTube video,
在她看过这段视频5个月前
what did she write on her Facebook page there?
她在脸谱网上又写了什么呢
"For her life, which will be so much happier without me."
"在她的生命中 没有我将会更幸福"
And that's from Kurt Cobain's suicide note, isn't it?
这是科特·柯本的自杀遗书 对吗
Yes.
是的
And, finally--
最后
this is three months before seeing the YouTube video--
这是在看过视频之前3个月的留言
could you read that?
你能读一下吗
I understand.
我理解
I'll read it.
我来读
"Every time you leave me,
"你每次离我而去
you push me closer to the edge."
都是在把我往绝路上推"
And that's under a photo of you, isn't it?
上面是张你的照片 对吧
She took it down right after she wrote it.
她写完之后就删掉了
Wouldn't you say that reflected suicidal tendencies?
你依然不认为那是自杀倾向吗
No, she talked, she always talked,
不 她老是在说 她一直在说
but she didn't really want to do it until she watched his video.
但她在看过视频之前从来没有想真的自杀
She played it over and over.
她放了一遍又一遍
Just as she read Ethan Frome over and over?
正如她看了《伊坦·弗洛美》一遍又一遍?
That's not the same thing. Why isn't it?
那不是一回事 怎么说
One's a book, and one's a video.
一个是书 一个是视频
I don't know. It's just different.
我不知道 就是不一样
Derek, you and Kara were supposed
德里克 在她死之前
to go out the weekend before she died,weren't you?
你跟卡拉本来计划一起去度周末的 对吗
What happened? What do you mean?
发生了什么事 你是指什么
I mean, you didn't go out, did you? Why?
我是说你没去 对吗 为什么
I was busy. I didn't even speak to her that weekend.
我很忙 我那个周末连话都没跟她说
Because you were actually on a last-minute skiing trip
因为你在最后时刻决定跟朋友去滑雪了
with friends, weren't you?
是吗
That has nothing to do with this. Nothing.
那跟这事毫无关系
She knew I was going. Really?
她知道我要去 是吗
"Every time you leave me,
每次你的离去
you push me closer to the edge."
都使我离边缘更近一步
I did not cause this.
这不是我造成的
Thank you. No further questions.
谢谢 我问完了
Wow, that was amazing, Caitlin.
表现相当出色 凯特琳
Thank you, Ms. Lockhart.
谢谢您 洛克哈特女士
We'll have to talk.
回头我们谈谈
Then be clean. I'm not telling you how to run your office.
那就廉洁好了 我不干涉你对州检办的管理
You are telling me how to run my office
如果你要我雇一个不能胜任的人
if you're telling me to hire someone that's inadequate.
你就是在干涉我
He's not inadequate.
他怎么会不能胜任
Horton Baker is one of the best lawyers in town.
霍顿·贝克是全市最棒的律师之一
Horton Baker is a friend of mine.
霍顿·贝克是我的朋友
I told you that I wasn't hiring any friends.
我说过不会雇佣任何朋友
Do you see how crazy this is?
你明白这有多疯狂吗
Your friends get penalized, your enemies get promotions.
排除同道 提拔异己
Eli, we have to make a separation between what
伊莱 我们必须在各自的工作范围间
you do and what I do. I have to run this office.
划清界限 我负责管理州检办
You have to get me elected.
你负责让我当选州长
And I can't do that, Peter.
这我办不到 彼得
That's why I'm coming to you. I can't do it.
这也是我来找你的原因 我办不到
You're not getting the keynote.
你得不到主旨发言的机会了
Why? I thought that was a good meeting.
怎么会 上次见面谈得不错啊
It was a good meeting.
是谈得不错
Donna Brazile likes you, but your friends...
唐娜·巴兹莉喜欢你 但你那些朋友
...are speaking ill of you.
却在说你的坏话
There's still a chance of a convention spot earlier in the week.
这周初还有一个谈话节目的机会
Prime time?
黄金时段吗
Maybe.
可能吧
You need friends, Peter.
你需要朋友 彼得
You need people to call up on your behalf.
你需要有人替你说话
It's not unclean to offer patronage.
为朋友谋职不算腐♥败♥
It's the way things are done.
世道如此
It's the way things have always been done.
世道一向如此
I get it. Thanks, Eli.
我明白了 谢谢 伊莱
Peter, if you're not taking the governorship seriously,
彼得 要是你不把竞选州长当回事
I need time to plan my future.
提前告诉我 我好早做打算
How much time?
要提前多久
All 911 calls are erased.
所以911通话记录都被清除了
After 30 days. Yes, I know that.
超过30天就清除 这我知道
But your office is prosecuting a robbery
但你们州检办起诉了同一晚发生
that happened that same night.
的一起抢劫案
So the tape was preserved.
所以那份录音带保存下来了
So send a subpoena. You know the drill.
那就发传票吧 流程你懂的
You'll have it in a few weeks.
过个几周你就能拿到了
I need it today.
我今天就得要
Cary?
凯里
Cary, Cary, the tape?
凯里 凯里 录音带
I'll look into it.
我会找找看
I think I see a man on Glenhurst Bridge
我看见一个男人在格伦赫斯特大桥上
and he's about to jump. Please hurry.
他想跳下去 请快点来
It took them 42 minutes to send a patrol car?
他们花了42分钟才派来一辆巡逻车吗
And I discovered that it takes the police 48 minutes,
而且我发现警方平均要花48分钟
on average, to respond to a call.
才对一通紧急电♥话♥做出回应
And the suicide hotline phones on the bridge are out of order.
桥上的自杀救助热♥线♥电♥话♥也坏了
We can implead the City.
我们可以起诉政♥府♥
Make them our codefendants.
让他们成为我们的共同被告
And give them an incentive to move faster on the 911 call.
也好激励他们迅速回应紧急电♥话♥
Good work. Thanks.
干得好 谢谢
One more thing.
还有件事
I've been reassigned your tax case.
你那件税务案分给我了
The one Will was handling.
威尔之前在办那件
The IRS is claiming that the businesses you reported
税务局称你申报个人收入的
receiving income from don't exist.
业务不存在
Well, they're wrong.
他们搞错了
You have proof?
你有证据吗
Yeah, what's up?
找我什么事
Oh, I just had a question.
我有个问题想问你
Okay. I can get proof.
好的 我能找到证据
Okay, thanks.
好的 谢谢
I've been looking over my priorities for the year, David,
我刚回顾了自己这一年的首要任务 大卫
and I wanted to thank you for setting up my children's trusts,
我想谢谢你帮我设立的子女信托基金
but I won't need any more help.
但我不再需要其他帮助了
You're dismissing me?
你想打发掉我吗
No. I've decided not to divorce.
不 我决定不离婚了
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表