Was he speaking English?
他说的是英语吗
I-I don't remember. I mean,
我不记得了
I...
我...
I was... wasn't close enough to tell.
我不够近 没听清
Was anybody at your firm close enough to say?
你们律所里是否有人够近 能听清呢
No.
没有
Have you ever heard Mr. Marwat mention
你有没有听马华特提到
the Afghan region of Badula Qulp?
叫做伯杜拉寇博的阿富汗地区?
I-I think I pronounced that correctly.
我想我发音很准确
No.
没有
He never mentioned Badula... Badula...
他从来没提过伯杜拉... 伯杜拉
It's so hard to say this word.
这个音真难发
Badula Qulp?
伯杜拉寇博
No, not to my knowledge.
就我所知 没有
Could you please make a note if he ever does in the future?
如果他将来提到这个 你能记下来吗
Mr. Higgs, I'm not an investigator for the Treasury Department.
希格斯先生 我不是财政部的调查员
I'm a lawyer representing Mr. Marwat.
我是马华特先生的代表律师
I know, I know, my apologies.
我知道 我知道 抱歉
I... I put that inelegantly.
我有点唐突了
So let's get another meeting on the books
那我们先约好下次会面
and we'll talk then.
到时再谈吧
I'm not here to investigate for you.
我不是来为你做调查的
I know.
我知道
We'll just meet and talk.
我们就是见见 聊聊而已
The good news is, they complied with our subpoenas.
好消息 他们按传票提供了证据
The bad news is, they depo dumped us.
坏消息 证据堆积如山
These are transcripts of hundreds of secret court proceedings,
这是上百场秘密法庭的记录稿
all redacted.
全都被修订过
And yet we have to scour every page.
但还得仔细看每一页
Sometimes the censors miss something.
有时候审查员会漏掉一些东西
And Danny is here to help.
丹尼也来帮忙
You find any name in this transcript you don't understand,
要是发现手稿里有你不认得的名字
run it by Danny-- any region, anything.
就给丹尼看看 地名 什么都行
If he recognizes it, it means we're on the right track.
如果他能认出来 就意味着我们走对路了
The right track to what?
走向哪里?
To finding a governmental official
找到那位下逮捕拷问令的
who ordered Danny's arrest and torture.
政♥府♥官员
That's what we need to win.
我们得靠这个取胜
Kalinda, what do you have?
凯琳达 你有什么发现
Well, at the moment, nothing.
目前没任何发现
I've been trying to locate army personnel at Camp Whitcomb,
我一直想找到在怀特康营的军人
but no one wants to talk. What about retired officers?
但没人肯透露 退休军官怎么样?
I'm looking into it.
我正在查
Okay, go run with it.
好 那就继续
Diane, can we talk?
戴安 有时间吗?
My meeting with the monitor.
想跟你说下我和监督员的会面
Oh, sure, in a minute.
好的 稍等
Why are we doing this?
我们为何要这么做
Government's not going to cough up $6 million,
政♥府♥不会掏600万
and you know it, so why are we doing this?
你也明白 那为何这么拼命
Because it's the right thing to do.
因为这是正确的事
No, you think it's the right thing to do.
不 是你这么认为
I was in D.C. On 9/11.
911那天我在华盛顿
Oh, please, what does that have to do with anything?
那又怎样 跟这有什么关系
Our government took steps to prevent another 9/11.
政♥府♥采取措施预防下一次恐怖袭击
I saw the smoke from the Pentagon.
我当时看到了五角大楼冒烟
Danny is innocent.
丹尼是无辜的
Which is why he's free.
所以他重获自♥由♥了
After he was tortured.
但那是在遭受严刑拷打之后
Wait, do you think anybody's being tortured now
等等 你认为在你支持的奥巴马治下
under your friend Obama?
有人被严刑拷打吗?
Do you think anybody's being tortured?
你认为有人在受严刑拷打吗?
I don't know.
我不知道
No, you're trying to fight an old war, Diane.
不 你这是在挑战过去 戴安
Rumsfeld and Cheney are gone.
拉♥姆♥斯♥菲♥尔♥德♥和切尼都下台了
They're writing books.
他们都开始写书了
Come on in, Bob.
进来吧 鲍勃
Oh, I don't want to interrupt, but you called me. Yes.
我无意打扰 不过你刚才找我 是的
Will, this is Bob Lachness, our insurance agent.
威尔 这是鲍勃·拉克尼斯 我们的保险代理
We need to re-up our insurance for next year,
我们需要续明年的约
and Mr. Lachness has a question or two for us.
拉克尼斯先生要问我们几个问题
You said you might want to raise your workplace insurance amount.
你说要提高工作场所保险的金额
Am I really needed for this?
我有必要听这个吗
We usually decide this together.
我们通常一起做决定
Workplace insurance is...?
工作场所保险是...
It's suits from employees--
适用于员工
sexual harassment, coworkers
同事之间的性骚扰
or bosses sleeping with underlings, you know, that stuff.
或上司和下属有染之类的事
And you were saying about savings?
你提到过节省款项
Yeah, I can keep your cost low, if you have everybody here
如果让所有人都上一堂性骚扰课程
take a sexual harassment class.
就可以降低保险支出
What do you think, Will?
你怎么看 威尔
I think I trust your judgment, Diane,
我相信你的判断 戴安
as you trust mine.
正如你相信我的
You have my proxy.
你替我做决定吧
Wow, this is just...
这实在...
Yep.
是的
They're like reading a puzzle.
就像在玩猜谜题
"Question: Is this wiretap really necessary, counselor?
问 窃听真有必要吗 律师
Answer..."
答
It is, Your Honor. "Question..."
是的 法官阁下 问
Could you please extrapolate, counselor? Certainly.
你能解释一下吗 律师 当然
If you'd please refer to page 18 of the ...
请您看第18页上XXX
...before emigrating to the U.S.
XXX在移♥民♥到美国之前
And did Dr. ...accuse?
医生XXX指控了吗
We intend no disrespect, Your Honor.
我们并不想失礼 法官阁下
... of this clan,
XXX的部落中
and not... through his mother.
而非XXX由他母亲
Wow, it's impossible.
这是不可能任务
Wait, listen.
等一下 听听这个
"Question: And in these sessions at Camp 'blank',
问 在某营地的这些会议中
Who was your medical authority?
谁是贵方的医疗顾问
Answer..."
答
As required by the court, we had on call Dr. ...
根据法庭要求 我们拜访了医生XXX
And did Dr. ...any comment regarding the accuse?
医生XXX对这指控作何看法
Look, how long the blacked-out name is.
你看 遮掉的名字有多长
We might have found something in the transcripts.
我们在记录里可能找到了有用的信息
What?
是什么
The secret court transcripts refer to an army medical doctor
秘密法庭记录里提到了一名军医
who was there to observe the enhanced interrogations.
他出席了高♥强♥度审讯
His name is referenced in several places.
他的名字被提到了好几次
There, there, and there.
这里 这里 还有这里
Yes, redacted.
是的 被遮掉了
But look at the length of the redacted name.
但看这个被遮掉的名字长度
The length of the redaction, if measured out,
如果量一下遮掉的长度
is approximately 12 letters long.
则大约有12个字母长
My guess-- if we cross-reference it
我的想法是 如果我们将它
with army medical doctors,
和军医的名单相互对照
we'll find only a few with a name of that length.
就能找到一些符合这个长度的名字
I'll get Kalinda on it.
我会让凯琳达去查的
Good job.
做得好
Diane, about my meeting with the monitor,
戴安 我和那个监察员会面时
he asked if Danny had spoken to anyone overseas.
他问丹尼是否曾与国外人士通过电♥话♥
What did you say?
你怎么回答的
I said I didn't know.
我说我不知道
This is so bizarre.
太奇怪了
Where is attorney-client privilege?
律师-当事人保密特权用不上了吗
He also asked if Danny had ever mentioned Badula Qulp,
他还问丹尼是否提过伯杜拉寇博
a region in Afghanistan.
这是阿富汗的一个地区名
Why did he ask that?
他为什么问这个
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表