Yes. I think so.
是的 我想是如此
You probably invoice in some way.
你最后把账单给我就好
I have to pitch to a campaign manager
这个周四 我去一个竞选经理那里
on Thursday on how to manage a scandal,
参加投标 具体是如何处理丑闻
but he's afraid the scandal will be exposed,
但对方害怕丑闻会被曝光
so he won't give me any information,
所以没给我任何信息
and I need that information to pitch.
而我必须有所了解才能去争
Do you want to sit down? No.
你需要坐下谈吗 不用
You want the information so he's forced to hire you,
你需要这些信息 让他不得不雇你
or you'll expose it?
不然你就揭他的老底
How have I never met you before?
我怎么以前不认识你呢
We move in different circles.
我们的圈子不同
Sorry about that.
非常抱歉
It's amazing how my life has gone from no calls
我的生活从门可罗雀 变成现在一天85个电♥话♥
to a call sheet of 85 a day.
真是不可思议
Yes, it's quite a change--
是的 变化很大
from prison back to the state's attorney's office.
从监狱回到州检察官办公室
How you doing?
你感觉怎么样
I love it. I really love it.
我很喜欢 非常喜欢这份工作
You don't mind if Cary sits in on this, do you?
你不介意凯里加入我们的谈话吧
No, not at all.
不 一点也不
Hi, Cary. Diane.
你好 凯里 戴安
He gives me insight into all the Lockhart/Gardner matters.
他向我透露了不少你们事务所的内♥幕♥
So you guys are the survivors.
你们在这么不景气的经济中
Of the economy.
存活了下来
I looked at the roll of Chicago firms
我看了下我离任前
since I was last in this seat.
芝加哥的律所名单
They're practically all gone.
几乎都破产了
Well, there's been some tough times, but we're fighters.
日子确实很艰辛 不过我们敢于打拼
Well, you've beaten us a few times.
有好几次 连我们都败下阵来
No hard feelings?
没有心怀不满吧
Hey, that's the reason you're in that seat.
别忘了 要不是那样的话你也不会坐这了
We're hiring an outside caretaker for our civil cases--
我们要找民事案件的外部代理
lawsuits against County Hospital, the police
打理对于县医院 警局
or SA's office--
或检察官办公室的起诉案
and we need to decide between three firms.
需要从三个律所中选一个
Really? I thought there were eight.
是吗 我以为是八个
There were. We whittled it down.
本来是八个 我们筛了一些
I'm honored.
深感荣幸
The only problem is, we have some concerns.
唯一的问题在于 我们有些顾虑
If it's about Alicia and Eli Gold,
如果是因为艾丽西娅和伊莱·戈德
we've established a Chinese wall between their work
我们已经建立了他们工作与州检察官事务的
and SA business. No, no, no.
隔绝制度 不 不是
I'm not going to reject a law firm
我不会因为公众对我们之间关系的看法
because it might look bad to the public.
而放弃你们律所
Lemond Bishop.
是因为莱蒙德·毕夏普
The drug dealer.
那个大毒枭
We only handle his legitimate business.
我们只打理他的合法生意
And I'm sure you'll find that every major law firm
并且我确信每个主流律所
has a few potentially unsavory clients.
都会有些不那么体面的客户
We have to have some assurances that your money isn't tainted.
我们得确信你们的钱是清白的
Is that a fair word? It is.
这样说合适吗 够清楚了
Diane, look, I'm running a new office,
戴安 我要用全新的方法做事
and I know that every state's attorney says that--
我知道每个州检察官都这么说
I said it my first term--
我以前也这么说过
but this time, it's different.
但这次不一样 我是来真的
Now, you're one of three law firms that I'm considering
现在 你们是我考虑雇佣为代理的
to hire as my attorney.
三个律所之一
I need to know that you're clean.
我得知道你们够清白才行
So we just need you to voluntarily submit
所以我们需要你们自愿接受
to an audit by the Illinois State Department of Taxation.
伊利诺伊州税务局的审计
And that won't violate attorney-client privilege.
那也不会违反律师-当事人保密特权
It gives me an independent confirmation
这样我就能确信
that your hands are free of drug money.
你们的钱与毒品无关
You're asking us to voluntarily submit to an audit?
你是要我们自愿接受审计吗
Yes. If you want the job.
是的 如果你们想干这活的话
Well, uh, that's significant.
事关重大
I'll need to talk to my partner.
我得和我的合伙人谈谈
Of course.
当然
Will? Yes.
威尔? 是的
You two know each other, don't you?
你们俩也认识 是吧
We do.
认识
Why don't you bring him in next time,
下次你何不带他一起来
and we'll all talk about the possibility
我们大家谈谈
of, uh, making this all work?
一起合作的可能性
86th call.
第86个电♥话♥
If you'll excuse me.
失陪了
Yeah.
喂
Hey, Dad. I'm coming over early tomorrow night.
爸爸 我明天晚上要早点过来
8:00, okay?
8点钟行吗
Okay.
行
Is everything all right? Yeah, everything's fine.
没什么事吧 没事
I just wanted to come early.
我就是想早点来
Okay, good. Well, I'll make dinner.
行 好 我会做好晚饭
Well, thanks for the vote of confidence, Zach.
谢谢你对我投了信任票 扎克
I think it might be appropriate to respond, "Good morning."
我想回应"早上好"可能比较合适
I understand the arguments for "Good evening",
我理解你们可能会觉得应该说"晚上好"
but the court of record is in London,
但记录上法庭在伦敦
not in the United States.
而不是美国
And as you can see,
你们也可以看到
it is morning here.
现在这里是早上
Your Lordship, I will gladly defer.
法官阁下 我乐于从命
Good morning to all.
大家早上好
And good evening to you, Mr. Thrush.
晚上好 萨什先生
Who is the barrister representing the responder?
谁是代表被告的巴律师
A solicitor, Your Lordship.
应该是沙律师 法官阁下
Uh, one Timothy O'Brannon.
是个叫蒂莫西·奥'布朗南的
Brannon, Your Lordship.
是布朗南 法官阁下
No "O".
没有O
Mr. Brannon,
布朗南先生
are there any applications
在我们开始之前
to the court before we commence?
还有什么申请吗
There are, Your Honor.
有 法官大人
Uh, Your Lordship.
该说"法官阁下"
Your Lordship.
法官阁下
This is a sham of a lawsuit.
这是一桩假诉讼
It's libel tourism, pure and simple.
明显就是一场马拉松式的诽谤诉讼
Rich plaintiffs like Roman Polanski,
像罗曼·波兰斯基和施瓦辛格
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Mr. Cardiff
和卡迪夫先生这样有钱的原告
can't win their libel suits in American courts,
在美国的法庭上赢不了官司
so they take them to England.
就跑到英国来起诉
Sir, I understand your passion in this matter,
先生 我理解你对此案的热情
but I would ask you to address this court
但请你对法庭陈词时
with a greater degree of restraint.
保持更多的克制
I...
我
Apologies, Your...
抱歉 法官
Lordship. Lordship.
阁下 阁下
That might be an artifact of the Polycom.
可能是视频会议系统给您造成的错觉
I merely wanted to stress that
我只是想强调一下
there were only 18 copies of our client's books
我们委托人的书在英国
sold in the United Kingdom.
只售出了18本
They were all bought online,
全都是网上购买♥♥
and they were all bought by Mr. Cardiff's staff.
而且全都是卡迪夫先生的职员购买♥♥的
As my learned colleague well knows, Your Lordship,
渊博的对方律师非常清楚 法官阁下
where and who purchased these books is irrelevant.
这些书的购买♥♥地点和购买♥♥者与本案无关
Excuse me. Mr. Cardiff bought the books
对不起 引起这桩诉讼的
that he is now bringing suit to here.
正是卡迪夫先生买♥♥的这些书
Mr. Gardner, what are you doing?
加德纳先生 你这是在干吗
What am I doing? Your body.
我在干吗 你的身体
The disposition of your body.
你身体的朝向
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表