...to trial for a crime punishable by imprisonment
只有大陪审团对他提出初步控诉
unless the initial charge has been brought by indictment of a grand jury.
才可对其可判处监禁的罪行进行审判
And that's where you come in.
你们的作用就在这里
You are 16 citizens who have been given an immense responsibility.
你们是被赋予了重大责任的16位公民
You must decide a man's fate.
你们必须要决定一个人的命运
My name is Wendy Scott-Carr,
我叫温迪·斯科特-卡尔
and this is Deputy State's Attorney Cary Agos
这是州副检察官凯里·艾格斯
and ASA Dana Lodge.
及助理检察官戴娜·洛奇
We are the prosecution.
我们是检方
Unlike a trial, there is no defense.
与审判不同 这里没有辩方
You will only hear our case.
你们只会听到我方陈述
It is up to us to convince you
将由我们来说服各位
that there's probable cause to bring William Paul Gardner to trial.
确有正当理由 让威廉·保罗·加德纳接受审判
Sorry. Thanks for waiting.
不好意思 让你久等了
Is everything all right?
一切还好吗
Uh, no. I wanted to talk to you
很糟 在向权益合伙人与其他律师宣布前
before I broke this to the equity partners and associates.
我想跟你谈谈
Is this about Will?
是关于威尔的吗
Yes. A grand jury has been impaneled,
对 大陪审团成员已经选定
and our expectation is he will be indicted within the next two days.
我们预计他会在接下来两天内被起诉
I...
我
What's the charge?
罪名是什么呢
Judicial bribery.
司法贿赂
Of course, it's not true.
当然 这是子虚乌有
But the, uh...
但是...
the State's Attorney
州检察官认为
believes that Will arranged bets between judges
威尔在他每周三晚的篮球时间
and bookies at his Wednesday night basketball game.
为法官和庄家安排赌局
I...
我
II didn't know it was that serious. It is.
我没意识到如此严重 确实严重
Felony bribery-- three to seven years.
贿赂重罪 可以判刑3到7年
I'm sorry, I really should go.
不好意思 我该走了
Is it Wendy Scott-Carr or Peter?
是温迪·斯科特-卡尔的意思还是彼得?
Uh, both, I should think.
两人都是 我觉得
Peter has put Wendy Scott-Carr in charge of the prosecution.
彼得让温迪·斯科特-卡尔负责起诉
What can I do?
我能帮什么忙吗
I don't want you to feel responsible
我不想你觉得自己有责任
or obligated to do anything.
或者有义务去做任何事情
I mean, "Responsible" is the wrong word.
"责任"一词有些不妥
We've never considered you an...
我们从未利用过
extension of the State's Attorney's Office,
你与州检察官办公室的关系
and you've never acted like one. So...
你也从未这么做过 所以
again, I leave it to you.
这一次 仍由你自行决定
Oh, Alicia, hi.
艾丽西娅
Would you like me to help Mr. Gold today?
今天你要我帮戈德先生的忙吗
Yes. Is there anything that you need help with?
是的 你需要什么帮助吗
Nope.
不需要
Thank you.
谢谢
Alicia.
艾丽西娅
I just...I have to rush off.
我是来... 我有事得赶紧走
What's wrong? What do you need?
出什么事了 有什么麻烦吗
No, nothing. It's-it's about Jackie,
没事 是杰姬的事
but we can talk about it later.
不过我们可以稍后再谈
Oh, well, 8:00 tonight?
好吧 今晚8点如何
Sure. Great.
可以 好吧
'Kay.
好的
I'm sorry.
对不起
No. Why? I am.
不 为什么 应该是我抱歉
I didn't tell you because I didn't want this to become...
我没告诉你 是因为我不想这事变得...
You do not need to explain.
你不用解释
This is legal. It's not personal.
这是法律事务 不是私事
If I told you, it would become per...
如果我告诉你 就会变成私...
Will, I'm a lawyer.
威尔 我是名律师
I'm a third-year associate in your firm.
我是你律所里的一名三年级律师
So use me.
所以把我用上吧
Ms. Tascioni,
塔肖尼女士
Hello. Hello again.
你好 又见面了
We seem to meet under a lot of circumstances like these.
我们似乎总在这类场合碰面
We do.
是啊
I want to help.
我想帮点忙
Okay.
行啊
With what?
怎么帮
With what I know about the State's Attorney.
凭我对州检察官的了解
I was hired as an investigator by the State's Attorney's Office.
我当时是州检办聘用的一名调查员
And in this capacity,
在职期间
did you come to review Mr. Gardner's cases?
你是否审查了加德纳先生的案件
I did. And...
是的
I was surprised by how many cases, both civil and criminal,
我很吃惊 他在民事和刑事案件中
in which he achieved a successful verdict.
胜诉的情况都很多
Could you elaborate?
能否详细说明
On average, you would expect a 60% win rate as a ceiling.
平均来说 胜率一般最高能达到60%
And what did you find with Mr. Gardner's cases?
那么加德纳先生的胜率是多少呢
He had 75% wins.
他的胜率是75%
Did you find anything suspicious
你是否发现事有可疑
with regards to which judges
有几位法官对加德纳先生
decided favorably for Mr. Gardner?
总做出有利判决
Yeah. Three judges decided favorably for Mr. Gardner 95% of the time.
是 有三位法官 偏向加德纳的案件达95%
They were Judge Winter, Judge Dunaway and Parks.
他们是温特 达纳韦 帕克斯
And what else did you discover about these three judges?
关于这三位法官 你还发现别的疑点吗
They all played regularly in a pickup basketball game
他们都长♥期♥参加由加德纳组织的
on Wednesday nights, run by Will Gardner.
周三晚间的篮球活动
Thank you, Mr. Wiley.
谢谢你 怀利先生
Okay, so the strategy is this.
好 我们的策略是这样的
Hello, Ms. Lockhart.
你好 洛克哈特女士
Hello. You're, uh, you're up next.
你好 下一个就是你了
I know. Thank you. How did the partners take it?
我知道 谢谢 合伙人都什么反应
They were concerned.
他们都挺担忧
We'll work the phones this afternoon to hand-hold clients.
今天下午我们会打电♥话♥安抚客户
How are things here?
这边进展得怎么样了
Uh, we were just... going over strategy.
我们在谈应对策略
Mrs. Florrick.
福瑞克夫人
You can join us.
你可以加入
Yes. Okay, so here's the thing.
来吧 好 是这样的
Grand juries indict; that's what they do,
大陪审团总是选择起诉 他们就是这样
hamburgers and all.
连汉堡都能起诉
Ham sandwiches.
是火腿三明治
Yes.
是的
So, you're gonna get indicted, unless--
你将会被起诉 除非
I like that pen.
我喜欢你的笔
Thank you.
谢谢
Unless someone pulls the plug.
除非有人下令停止
Someone higher.
级别更高的人
The State's Attorney.
州检察官
Yes. You have an audience of one in there, Ms. Lockhart.
对 洛克哈特女士 里面你的听众只有一个
Who? Cary Agos.
谁 凯里·艾格斯
He defers to the State's Attorney.
他听命于州检察官
Wendy Scott-Carr does not.
温迪·斯科特-卡尔却不用
She's...
她是...
No, that's right; she's her own person.
没错 她听命于自己
So you need to keep bringing the testimony back to Peter Florrick.
所以你要一直把证词引到彼得·福瑞克身上
That'll get Cary talking to Peter.
那样的话 凯里将会向彼得反映
That's right. If you want to stop this
是的 如果你想要在大陪审团阶段
at the grand jury stage,
就把这事结束的话
you need to get the State's Attorney to stop it,
你就需要让州检察官下令停止
and he'll only stop it if it looks like it'll hurt him.
唯一办法就是让他觉得 不停止对他有害
You see? Yes. Good.
明白了吗 是的 很好
Excuse me.
失陪一下
Hello, Eli. Hello, Alicia.
伊莱 你好 艾丽西娅 你好
Would you like to guess what's wrong with this picture?
你猜猜 我这儿现在有什么问题
I'm not there?
我不在?
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表