how did it malfunction?"
怎么会出故障呢"
It didn't malfunction.
它没出故障
Even the best SCSs
即使是最好的脊髓电刺♥激♥器
are prone to lead migration.
也可能会出现导线移位
And a lead is...?
意思是?
Oh, sorry.
抱歉
When the electrical leads don't stay where intended.
如果电导线没有待在应待的地方
It's usually not serious,
一般不很严重
but in the case of Maggie, it became quite serious
在玛姬的个案中 却变得非常严重
because the problem went undetected for so long.
因为问题很长时间都没被发现
That's what caused the infection,
所以引起感染
which caused the permanent damage to her spine.
而感染又对她的脊柱造成了永久性损害
And why did it go undetected?
为何一直没发现
Well, I prescribed hydromorphone for any topical pain from the surgery,
对于术后局部疼痛的患者 我会给开氢吗♥啡♥酮
but Mrs. Reeves-- I'm sorry to say this--
但是里夫斯太太 我很抱歉这么说
but she continued to use the painkiller long afterward.
她此后很长时间一直继续使用这种止痛药
So, if Mrs. Reeves hadn't overmedicated herself,
那么如果里夫斯太太没有过度用药
she would have noticed the infection
她就会注意到感染问题
and come to you for her SCS adjustment?
并且来找你调整她的脊髓电刺♥激♥器了?
Yes.
是的
I'm sorry, Mrs. Reeves,
我很抱歉 里夫斯太太
but it's true.
但这是事实
Oh, come on.
算了吧
Why not blame the victim for having pain in the first place?
干脆怪罪受害人的疼痛本身算了
Yes, but is it true?
是 但这是真的吗
The device malfunctioned, the pain returned.
设备出了故障 她又开始疼痛
Only then did Maggie take the painkillers.
她这才开始吃止疼药
Celeste reverses it so she can make it
莎丽斯特本末倒置 使得看起来就好像
seem like the painkillers caused the problem.
是止疼药引起了问题
If I can get her up to eight million, will you say yes?
如果我让她抬到800万 你们会同意吗
Is she offering eight million?
她提出800万了吗
Will you accept it?
你们会接受吗
If you're asking for our bottom line, then no.
如果你是在问我们的底线 那么不
We can't give you our bottom line
我们不能给你底线
or they'll use it against us.
否则他们会利用这个对付我们
Where's Kalinda?
凯琳达在哪儿
I thought she was looking into their bottom line.
我以为她在探他们的底线呢
I'll call. Where are you going?
我给她打个电♥话♥ 你去哪儿
To meet a reporter.
去见个记者
Tonight, school officials are reassuring parents
今晚 校方向家长保证
that all cheese has been removed from the school lunch menu
就目前而言 学校的午餐已经
for the time being.
把所有的奶酪撤掉
It's not yet clear whether cheese at neighboring schools
现在还不清楚此地区附近的学校
and stores in the area may also be tainted.
和商店的奶酪是否也受到了污染
Grace!
格蕾丝
Stop eating the pizza!
别吃披萨了
Really?
当真
You were the bad one?
当年你是坏孩子?
Well, yeah, I was.
是的
Don't I seem like I was the bad one?
难道我看起来不像吗
So, in what way bad?
那么 怎么坏法呢
Mm, no, you don't want to hear this.
不 你还是不知道的好
No, I do want to hear this.
不 我确实想知道
Ecstasy.
嗑摇♥头♥丸♥
Driving my car into a lake, stealing stuff, juvie.
把车开到湖里 偷东西 少管所
And Mom?
妈妈呢
She was perfect.
她很完美
Homework done, room clean, never did drugs.
按时作业 清扫房♥间 从不吸毒
Never did anything.
绝不逾矩半步
She's still like that.
她现在还是老样子
She was a good sister.
她是个好姐姐
Always covering for me.
总是保护我
You guys have a good mom.
你们俩有个好妈妈
Grace's tutor.
格雷斯的家教在这里
Hello! Hello. Can we turn it down?
嗨 能把音量调小点吗
Sorry.
抱歉
We're almost done.
我们快好了
So you're the, uh, the tutor?
你是她的家教吗
Uh-huh.
是的
What subject?
教什么科目
Uh, physics.
物理
And just science.
和理科相关的
Really?
是吗
Where do you go to school?
你在哪里上学
Uh, U of C.
芝加哥大学
And, um...
那...
What's this?
这是什么
We're making a video.
我们在做视频
We're done with all my homework.
作业已经做完了
Uh-huh. Got it.
知道了
Understood.
我懂的
Oh, my God.
我的老天
Pretty...
这些动作...
provocative stuff.
非常挑逗
It's just street dancing.
只是街舞罢了
Yeah, just freestyle.
是的 自♥由♥奔放
Dad slept with somebody else.
我爸还和别的人上过床
Dad. He slept with someone other than the hooker.
我爸 除了那个妓♥女♥ 他还和别人上过床
He...
他...
How do we know?
你是怎么知道的
He told me.
他告诉我的
That's why Mom kicked him out.
这是我妈把他赶出去的原因
You didn't know that?
你不知道吗
I didn't know that.
我不知道
What are they saying?
他们怎么说
They think it was an improper cleaning of the culture vats in Line Six.
他们认为是6号♥生产线上的发酵缸清洁不当
You sound like you don't agree.
听上去你不同意这说法
Well, I clean Line Six with peroxyacetic acid
每次发酵结束 我都用
and quaternary ammonium after every culture.
过氧乙酸和季铵为六号♥生产线消毒
They're not gonna find listeria there.
他们不可能再那里检测到利斯特菌
Where else could listeria come from?
利斯特菌还可能来自哪里
We keep these units accurate to one degree either way.
我们将这些设备精确调整到同一温度
I don't think it was a refrigeration problem.
我认为不是冷藏的问题
So what do you think?
那你觉得是什么问题
I think it used to be an easy job to find the source.
搁在以前 找问题缘由很轻松
Now you got some of these cheeses--
但如今这些奶酪
they're a blend of three or four lines from three or four companies.
是经过三四家公♥司♥的三四条生产线 生产出的
So all I can say is good luck.
我能说的就只有祝你好运了
Damn. Are you sure?
该死 你确定吗
Uh, Eli, you know this is a good thing, right?
伊莱 你不觉得这是好消息吗
It looks like your client isn't responsible for the listeria.
看上去你的委托人不必为利斯特菌负责了
Kalinda, this is not the law.
凯琳达 这可不是打官司
I'm not looking for innocence, I'm looking for certainty.
我要的不是无罪判决 而是确定性
The whole point is to bury this story with an apology,
事情关键就是 用道歉结束这次事件
then move on.
然后翻过这一页
So you want our guy to be guilty?
那么 你希望责任在他?
No, I want it to be over.
不 我想让这事结束
I don't want to train another CEO
我可不想明天再教其它公♥司♥的CEO
from some other company tomorrow to take the blame.
怎么承担过错
He can't say this. He has to say it.
他不能这么说 他必须这么说
No, he can say, "I offer my deepest,
不 他该说 "我对这些受害家庭
sincerest sympathies to the families."
深表同情"
And, "I'm doing everything I can
然后 "我正在尽我所能地
to trace the source of our missteps." No.
追查我们发生过失的原因" 不行
"The source of the outbreak...
应该是"食物中毒爆发的原因"
Really? Really, Diane?
真要这样吗 戴安
He can't say anything that sounds like an admission...
他不能说任何听上去像认罪的话
Really?
真的吗
I am doing everything I can
我正在尽我所能地
to trace the source of the outbreak.
追查食物中毒爆发的原因
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表