Sexual harassment is included
因为仲裁赔偿规则中
in the automatic arbitration cap dispute resolution.
性骚扰有明确上限
But there is no cap for civil rights violations,
但对公民权利的侵犯是没有赔偿上限的
and to fire someone for their politics
而因政♥治♥观点而解雇别人的做法
is a civil rights violation.
是对公民权利的侵犯
Anything?
还有什么要说的
Mr. Arbitrator, we ask
仲裁员先生 我方请求休庭
for a recess to discuss with our witness.
以便和证人做沟通
Take all the time you want.
你想要休庭多久都可以
Good job.
干得好
Now this will get interesting.
现在情况变得有趣了
I may need your help.
我需要你的帮助
I'll be right down.
我马上过来
Hello.
你好
Are you busy?
你在忙吗
You have a small hairline crack right here.
有个小裂缝 就在这里
I think there's a hole in your air duct insulation.
我猜在风管隔热层里有个洞
I can hear a small hiss.
我能听见轻微的嘶嘶声
I have perfect pitch.
我有音高辨别力
Did you know that?
你知道吗
My parents wanted me to be a concert pianist.
当年我父母想让我成为钢琴家来着
I did not know that.
我确实不知道
My parents wanted me to be a senator.
我父母还想让我成为参议员来着
I could see that.
看得出来
So what are we up to in here, Eli?
那么 接下来是什么任务 伊莱
Oh, I'm meeting with a new client.
我要见一个新客户
See?
但你看
It appears I am no longer flavor of the month.
看来我不再是风靡人物了
What do you plan to do about that?
那你准备怎么办
I plan to sit here and study the ceiling.
我准备坐在这里研究天花板
Eli,
伊莱
do you notice all the lawyers out there rushing around?
你是否留意到所有的律师都在东奔西跑
Do you ever wonder why they're so busy?
知道他们为什么这么忙吗
'Cause they got gumption?
因为他们有进取心吗
Because they're not trying to go it alone.
因为他们都没有单兵作战
You've put too much pressure on yourself
你在给自己极大压力
to bring in your own client base, Eli.
来拓展个人的客户群 伊莱
You've pissed off Will to the point
你已把威尔激怒
where he doesn't want to send you clients.
他都不愿为你介绍客户
David Lee is handling the divorce of a congresswoman.
大卫·李正在处理某国会女议员的离婚案
Who? I'm not going to tell you.
是谁 我不能告诉你
Talk to him.
去和他谈谈吧
I know you're used to going it alone, Eli.
我知道你习惯单干 伊莱
That's why you're in here alone.
这也是你孤身在此的原因
Make friends.
结交朋友吧
Be nice to people.
友善待人
Don't try to do it all yourself.
别总想单兵作战
She tells us to check in and then she's not even there.
她让我们到了打电♥话♥ 可打了她又不接
It's fine, just leave a message.
没关系 留个言吧
She's probably in court.
她八成在上庭
Ah, Mrs. Florrick.
福瑞克夫人
Mr. Canning.
坎宁先生
I've missed you.
我很挂念你
And I you.
我也一样
So how are our children doing?
我们俩的"徒弟"干得怎么样
Playing nice.
不错
So you didn't like Martha?
你不喜欢玛莎吗
I liked her.
我喜欢她
If we hadn't hired Caitlin, it would have been her.
如果我们没聘凯特琳 就会聘她了
And Caitlin was, what, just so irresistible?
那凯特琳怎么 就那么难以抗拒吗
Do you find that hard to believe?
你觉得难以置信吗
Alicia, Caitlin was hired because she's David Lee's niece.
艾丽西娅 凯特琳被雇是因为她是大卫·李的侄女
I know how things work, I know how the game is played.
暗箱操作我明白 游戏规则我也明白
Martha was the better hire,
玛莎是更好的人选
but like everything else at your firm,
但就像你们所里的其它事情一样
it's who you know, not what you do.
关键在于人脉 而非能力
Oh, unlike your grand meritocracy?
不同于你能力至上的原则是吗
Do I look like someone who judges books by covers?
我像那种以貌取人的类型吗
No, Caitlin is the package, but Martha is the real deal.
不 凯特琳只是花瓶 玛莎才是货真价实
Let's go in, see who's better.
我们进去 看看谁更优秀
Just so you know, there's a job for you at my firm.
对了跟你说一声 本所一直为你留有一席
Good to know.
谢谢告诉我
I think my point was missed.
我想你没明白我的意思
I didn't say I laid off Ms. Raker
我不是说解雇雷克女士
because her politics were different than mine.
是因为她的政♥治♥立场与我不同
Her politics were irrelevant to your decision? Of course.
她的政♥治♥立场与你的决定无关? 当然
I run a tolerant workplace.
我要的 是开放包容的工作环境
In fact, she made everything political-- intolerant.
但她把所有事情都政♥治♥化 不容异己
She argued with everyone.
她跟每个人都争辩
And that is not a civil rights issue?
这不是公民权利的问题?
Not in my opinion, no.
在我看来 不是
If a person is making it difficult
如果一个人令他人的工作
for other people to work, it is within my purview to let them go.
变得不愉快 我就有权让他离开
Specifics help you here.
这里采用细节战术
The more specific, the better. That's all I did.
越细节越好 我做的仅此而已
No further questions.
我问完了
So, Mr. Clove, I'm confused.
那么 克拉夫先生 我糊涂了
Did you fire our client because of the first reason--
你解雇我们的委托人
downsizing-- or the second reason--
是出于第一个原因 裁员呢 还是第二个原因
the student evaluations that you didn't read--
你所没看过的学生评语呢
or the third reason-- disrupting the workplace?
还是第三个原因 影响工作环境呢
Maybe you do things for only one reason, Miss.
也许你做事只有一个出发点 小姐
I tend to do things for many.
但我做事倾向于综合考虑
So which reason was it?
那究竟是哪个原因呢
The evaluations I heard
我从师生那里听到的评论
from teachers and students and what I mentioned--
以及我所说的
she was disruptive in the workplace.
她对工作环境有不良影响
Because she spoke about politics?
因为她谈论政♥治♥吗
What kind of politics?
谈论何种政♥治♥
The Tea Party line, anti-choice, things like that.
茶党的路线 反对人工流产合法化 诸如此类
She spoke about abortion? She spoke against abortion?
她谈论堕胎? 她反对堕胎?
Yes.
是的
She was reacting to something she'd seen on CNN
她对于在CNN上看到的罗伊诉威德案很抵触
about Roe v. Wade and that it's a genocide. She just went off.
说那是屠♥杀♥ 她非常激动
The other teachers disagreed with her?
其他教师与她意见相左吗
Objection-- calls for speculation.
反对 引导证人推测
I'm going to sustain that.
反对有效
Did the other teachers complain about her?
其他教师对她有抱怨吗
Yes, but not because they disagreed with her,
是的 但不是因为与她意见相左
but because she was disruptive.
而是因为她影响大家工作
So there were some professors who agreed with her
那么 也有些教授同意她的意见
that abortion is genocide?
认为堕胎是屠♥杀♥?
I don't know, I didn't ask.
我不知道 我没问过
I make it a point not to ask.
我认为不能随便问
My workplace is politically neutral.
我的工作场所是政♥治♥中立的
I don't tolerate politics in the workplace.
我不能容忍♥在工作场所搞政♥治♥
So, uh, let's turn to her other political views.
那么 我们谈谈她的其它政♥治♥观点
You mentioned the Tea Party line, things like that.
你还提到茶党路线什么的
Oh, would you like me to slow down for you?
要我走慢点等你吗
Well, that would be the sporting thing to do.
那样的确很有体育道德
That's okay, you can tell Mr. Canning I'm done.
好了 你可以告诉坎宁先生我弄完了
Andrew Wiley.
安德鲁·怀利
Oh, no, no, you don't want me.
别 别 你别找我
Duty calls, buddy.
使命召唤你 兄弟
"Assuming the exercise of any average
若前述B项中
provided for in 'B' above
提供的赔偿降减方案
does not conclude with an agreement
无法使争议双方
between the Parties resolving the dispute,
达成一致
the Parties agree to submit the dispute to binding arbitration,
则双方同意将争议提交仲裁庭 做出终局裁决
And where the Parties do not compile, binding arbitration...
而双方未尽事宜 约束仲裁...
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表