Everything's so expensive these days.
现在物价这么高
Well, you know one thing I learned is, life is short.
你知道吗 我学到的一件事就是人生短暂
You get a chance to bring yourself some pleasure,
当你有机会给自己找些乐子时
you should do it.
一定要把握住
Even if I had the money, I... I don't know.
就算我有钱 我也不知道该不该买♥♥
It's my old house.
这是我以前的房♥子
Doesn't make sense to go backwards.
搬回去有点儿说不通
Hmm. Look at me.
看着我
I'd give anything to go backward.
我愿意付出一切回到过去
Mrs. Florric, the judge is ready for you now.
福瑞克夫人 法官请你现在进去
Here we go.
走吧
What is it about glasses?
眼镜怎么了
I seem to walk into a room, and they disappear.
好像我一走进房♥间 它们就消失不见了
Your Honor, this is not just about one suit.
法官阁下 这不是一起诉讼的事儿
This is about the class action
这和洛克哈特&加德纳筹划的
that Lockhart & Gardner has in the wings...
集团诉讼有关
No, it is about one suit. We're asking for $5 million
不 这就是要价五百万美元的单一诉讼
for pain and suffering, loss of spousal support...
用来补偿失去配偶造成的伤痛和折磨
You know, I used to carry around three or four pair of glasses.
我曾经随身带三四副眼镜
At the end of the day,
但到了一天结束的时候
I was like a drunk looking for bottles. Ugh!
我还是像醉鬼要找酒瓶一样
You're paying, Mr. Hines.
海因斯先生 你得赔偿
By the evidence I've seen, you're paying.
根据我看到的证据 你得赔偿
The only question is, how much?
唯一的问题是赔偿的数额
But you haven't seen this evidence.
但你还没看到这则证据
What is it? Grant Duverney's medical report.
这是什么 格兰特 达沃尼的医疗报告
From 2009. Before the accident.
2009年 是在事故之前
Yes, but after his career as a professional hockey player.
没错 不过是在他从职业冰球手退役之后
What does that have to do with anything?
这份材料指证了什么呢
Modified comparative negligence.
修正性比较过失
If your client contributed to the accident--
如果你的当事人自身情况导致了事故
in fact-- if he contributed more than 50% to the accident--
实际上 如果他的因素占了一半以上
then he can't sue us.
他就不能起诉我们
You're saying that he's responsible for his wife's death?
你是说他该为他妻子的死负责吗
I'm saying, given his mental capacity
我是说 基于他经过86场职业冰球赛
after 86 games as a professional hockey player--
各种身体阻截和打架
body checks and fights--
之后的的精神情况
he had no business getting on that snowmobile.
他没有能力开那辆雪地车
Your Honor, this... is despicable.
法官阁下 这...也太卑鄙了
And yet legal, Counselor.
但这是合法的
You're saying, Counselor Hines,
你是说 海因斯律师
that the plaintiff caused his own accident
是原告自己把车开撞到树上
by steering into a tree?
造成了事故
I'm saying, it contributed.
我是说 这起事故有他的因素
The plaintiff's apparent condition--
很显然 原告的身体状况
chronic traumatic encephalopathy--
慢性创伤性脑病
was more than 50% of the problem.
占了引起这起事故因素的比重一半以上
Okay.
好吧
I'll be ordering an independent neurological evaluation on Mr. Duverney.
我会要求对达沃尼做一次独♥立♥的神经系统评估
We'll see where that takes us.
看看结果会是怎样
Basically, we're in trouble.
简单来说 我们有麻烦了
How can we be in trouble? We were in negotiations on this.
我们怎么会有麻烦呢 我们不是在协商吗
They're going after his hockey career.
他们把他的冰球职业拿出来当挡箭牌
And Judge Rigby is giving them some rope.
里格比法官也支持了他的说法
So there's truth in their charges?
那就是说他们的指控有据可循了吗
Grant played 86 games as a pro hockey player,
格兰特打了86场职业冰球比赛
and in his 86th start, he was in a fight on the ice,
在第86场时 他在冰面上参与了一场斗殴
and ended up in the hospital.
最后还住进了医院
He never played again. His motor functions were impaired.
他之后再也没打了 他的运动功能受损了
So, there might be truth. And how did we not see this coming?
这有可能是真的咯 怎么没有人预料到呢
Do you have a minute?
你有时间吗
So, this was my case. Yes.
这本是我的案子 没错
And supposedly, a winner. Which it still is,
而且我们本应赢的 现在也是
but I have some strategic information
但我有些策略性的信息
I could... share with you.
我可以...告诉你
If it weren't for the restrictions of your suspension?
可惜有一道暂停你的职业资格的禁令
Yes, which, as I understand it,
是 按照我的理解
prevents me from talking about future strategy, but not...
它只是禁止我讨论未来的策略
Past. That would be updating?
而不是过去的 因为这算是提供信息
Which is within my rights.
我有这么做的权利
Yet, we seem to be in here whispering.
然而我们还是在这里窃窃私语
Consulting.
是在咨♥询♥
What do you got?
你有什么主意呢
Bring hockey into it.
把冰球带进这起官司来
Into our case?
带进我们的案子吗
Yes. Their defense is based on modified comparative negligence.
没错 他们的辩护是根据修正性比较过失
If our client is responsible for 50% of his accident,
如果我们的当事人要承担事故的一半责任
he loses, but...
他输了 但是...
If professional hockey is responsible for his injuries,
如果职业冰球联盟该对他的受伤负责
then he can collect.
他也能拿到赔偿
And this is your suggested strategy?
这就是你建议的策略吗
It is.
就是的
Well, Diane,
戴安
this is a mistake.
这么做是个错误
Hockey will never pay.
冰球联盟不会赔偿的
To pay would be to open up themselves
如果赔偿了就会为他们引来
to hundreds of lawsuits from former players.
成百件的退役球员的诉讼案
It's part of the strategy. Pull hockey into this.
这就是策略的一部分 把冰球联盟拉进来
They'll want to bury it quickly and quietly.
他们会想迅速并低调地解决的
We found our deep pocket.
我们找到了金主
Yes, and in addition, the APHL lawyers will delay.
对 并且美国职业棒球联盟的律师会拖延
So we'll get a three-month continuance to build our case.
我们就又有了三个月来立案
You want me on it?
你想让我负责吗
Um, I do, but a low priority.
是的 不过不算太重要的
And, Alicia, do you have a moment? Yes.
艾丽西娅 你有时间吗 有
So, we want to keep you happy here, Alicia.
艾丽西娅 我们想让你高兴地留在这里
We value all your hard work these past few months.
我们很欣赏你在过去几个月的努力工作
Thank you.
谢谢你
Given that, the equity partners have agreed
基于这样 权益合伙人已签字同意
on paper to a bump in your pay.
增加你的工资
Great. Uh, yes, but we want to be clear.
太好了 不过我们要先说清楚
There are 11 other third-year associates,
还有11个有三年级律师
so, we can't afford an across-the-board raise.
所以我们付不起太高的涨薪
I understand.
我明白
So, here's what we're offering.
这就是我们给出的数额
I know, it's not as much as you think you deserve,
我知道 这不如你认为你应得的多
but take it as a demonstration of our confidence in your future.
但这表明了我们对你未来发展的信心
Thought you might want something.
估计你想喝点儿酒
No, thanks.
不 谢谢了
You don't know who's leaking
你不知道是谁向
to the disciplinary board about me, do you?
纪律委员会告密的吧
No. You want me to look?
不知道 你想让我查查吗
No. Just if you hear anything.
不用了 只是看看你有没有听说什么风声
You in trouble?
你有麻烦了吗
Sticking to the letter of the law.
一丝不苟地执行法律条文
You gonna leave me here with two beers?
你要让我一个人喝两瓶啤酒吗
You'll find somebody.
会有人跟你一起喝的
What's up?
你好啊
You want a beer?
想喝瓶啤酒吗
No. Thanks.
不了 谢谢
You're sure?
真不喝?
It's open.
已经打开了
Kalinda, I...
凯琳达...
I'm sorry.
不好意思
I can't help it. I want to move on, but I...
我不是故意为难你 我想放下包袱 但我
Yeah, I... I get it.
知道了 我能理解
Look, we're working together.
我们现在可以一起工作
That's good enough, isn't it?
这已经挺好的了 是吧
Yeah.
对
It's just not easy for me...
对我来说 不是那么容易...
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表