This is about a plane crash.
此案是关于一场空难
A Hammett GR-6 carrying
一架汉密特GR-6型飞机
35 passengers and five crew.
载着35名乘客和5名机组成员
All 40 dead.
机上40人全部丧生
Many of their widows and widowers are here today.
其中许多人的遗孀或是鳏夫今天都在场
And all want to know one thing.
都想要弄清楚一件事
Why did this plane just drop from the sky?
这架飞机怎么就这样坠毁了呢
Like Kyle Lidtke.
比方说凯尔·里克
He lost his wife and two daughters in this crash.
他在这场空难中失去了妻子和两个女儿
Now, the CEO of Hammett Aerospace
然而 汉密特航♥空♥航♥天♥公♥司♥的行政总裁
would have him believe it's the pilot's fault,
告诉他空难是飞行员失误所致
and not their plane.
而不是他们的飞机有问题
But we ask you to reject
我们请求各位驳回这一辩护理由
this cynical, blame-the-victim defense,
这不仅充满恶意 也是对逝者的亵渎
because this is a very simple case of...
因为此案事实清楚
...A flawed airplane design.
飞机设计存在缺陷
My co-counsel, Ms. Lockhart,
我的协理律师 洛克哈特女士
represents the families of the passengers.
代理的是遇难乘客的家属
I represent the families of the crew.
我代理的是遇难机组人员的家属
But we decided to combine our lawsuits
但我们决定合并案件
because we agree on one thing.
因为我们在这一点上达成了共识
Hammett Aerospace put a jet into service
那就是汉密特公♥司♥心知一架飞机存在缺陷
that they knew was defective.
但却还是令其投入运营
How do we know this?
我们怎么知道的呢
How do we know that they knew their jet was defective?
我们怎么知道他们心知飞机存在缺陷呢
Because there is a very brave whistleblower
因为汉密特公♥司♥内部有一位勇气非凡的深喉
from within Hammett who's agreed to testify for us.
他愿意为我们出庭作证
Damn.
妈的
Not to sound too cynical, but this could be a good thing.
不是我太极端 不过这可能是好事
Guilt-ridden whistle-blower
可以说成是心怀愧疚的深喉
testifying from beyond the grave?
从坟里爬出来作证了?
They didn't do a great job cross-examining in the depo.
对方在庭外取证的时候做的不太好
And it's hard to cross-examine a corpse.
现在人死了 还怎么庭上交叉质询
The problem was in the wings.
问题出在机翼上
The deicing in the wings? Yes.
机翼上的除冰装置? 是的
It was a system of tubes that distributed fluid
这套系统由很多管道组成
to de-ice the wings during flight.
在飞行中输送液体以除冰
Not bad.
还不赖
We admit this into evidence.
我们已经把这个列为证物了
And avoid further crossexamination. Yup.
还避免了进一步的交叉质询 是的
Falling forward.
这就叫敲钉转脚
Well, that's the problem.
问题就在这
She's a great tutor.
这个家教不错
Grace's physics grades are the best of this year.
格蕾丝的物理成绩是今年最好的
And where did you find her?
你上哪儿找到这个家教的
The tutor Eli suggested her.
伊莱推荐的
And Grace is friends with her now?
格蕾丝现在和她成了好朋友了?
Yes. I'll talk to her.
是的 我会和她谈的
Who, Grace or the tutor?
和谁谈 格蕾丝还是家教
The tutor.
家教
Well, I can find some tutor referrals around here.
我也能请人推荐几个家教的
No, that's okay.
不 不必了
Let me handle it with a flyswatter, not a bazooka.
还是别用高射炮打蚊子了
I didn't think I was handling it with a bazooka.
我哪里是高射炮了
Uh, okay, we'll talk.
好吧 回头再聊
I got to go.
我得走了
Yes, sir. David Lee's here.
老板好 大卫·李来了
We need more conference room space.
会议室得弄得再大点
I'm like an itinerant farmer out here.
我在这像个遭了土改的地主似的
So, Alicia,
艾丽西娅
David and I head up the hiring committee,
招聘委员会由我和大卫牵头
and we've decided the firm needs a new first-year associate.
我们认为公♥司♥要招一名新进律师
So we want you to interview and hire someone.
我们希望由你面试招聘新人
Really?
真的吗
These are the new graduates
这些是芝大刚毕业的学生
from U of C. See who you like.
看看你喜欢哪个
You want me to do the actual hiring?
你们希望由我来招聘?
In consultation with the committee.
要和委员会商量的
And you'll be mentoring him, too, so choose well.
你还得带他 谨慎选择
Or her.
也许是个她
Oh, Alicia, uh, I need
艾丽西娅
to talk to you a minute about the Cole divorce, hmm?
我得和你谈谈那桩科尔式离婚案
Thank you for this.
太感谢你了
No, not me. David.
别谢我 大卫的主意
I'm still supposed to be tense with you, remember?
忘了么 我还应该装作和你关系紧张的样子
And by the way, I know how Celeste works.
另外 我知道莎丽斯特的行事方式
Don't worry about it. No, she thrives on chaos.
别担心 她一向喜欢浑水摸鱼
She'll say a lot of things about me just to see how you react.
她会说一大堆关于我的事 看你怎么反应
Then I won't react.
那我就不反应
So, we can't use "Cole divorce" as our cover word anymore
不能再用"科尔式离婚案"作暗号♥了
because I actually have a Cole divorce.
我手上现在真的有一宗科尔式离婚案
Oh. Well, we don't need a cover word.
哦 我们不需要什么暗号♥了
I'm still undecided about it.
我还没决定要不要离婚
Ah, yes, the fiction of separation.
啊 分居造成的幻觉
You're putting your kids in private school?
你要让你的孩子上私立学校?
New item in your financial journal.
收支表上又添一大项
I'm thinking of it, yes.
是的 我正在考虑
That's $35,000 to 50 a year.
一年得三万五到五万美金
I know. My advice is, you don't.
我知道 我建议你别这样
Thank you, but I'm fine.
谢谢 不过我还负担得起
No, you don't understand. I'm not your accountant.
不 你没明白 我不是你的会计
You can overspend on anything you like, but
你乱花钱不关我事
you need to get your husband to pay half.
但你得让你得丈夫负担一半
I... Why?
为什么
To preserve your dependency.
保持你们之间的依存关系
You pay that amount on your own,
你要是独力支付
you lose your best argument against spousal maintenance.
你就失去了反对赡养费的最有力论据
Well, I'm not asking Peter for spousal maintenance.
我又不希望彼得付给我赡养费
No, not you. Him.
不是你 是他希望
Hey, don't blame me. You guys wanted equal treatment.
别怪我 你们女人自己要求的平等权利
Thank Gloria Steinem.
多亏了斯泰纳姆
Peter makes less in the State's Attorney office than you.
彼得在州检察官办公室挣得比你少
He could come after you for support.
他完全可以来找你寻求经济支持
Peter's not coming after me for support.
彼得不会来找我要钱的
Alicia, he'll come after you for everything.
艾丽西娅 他会来把你搜刮干净的
No, he wants the governorship.
不 他想要的是州长的位子
That's what Eli's plotting over there right now.
所以伊莱现在才会在那边玩阴谋诡计
Give him the keynote.
让他作党大会的主旨发言
Are you kidding?
开玩笑么
At the Democratic Convention?
在民♥主♥党大会上?
Peter has the best story.
彼得的经历是最棒的
He went to prison on a trumped-up charge,
遭人构陷入狱
fought it, and made it back into office.
拼死斗争 最终重回州检察官办公室
It's a story of rebirth.
凤♥凰♥涅槃的故事啊
Eli, he's a state's attorney.
伊莱 他只是个州检察官
And Obama was a state senator when he got the keynote.
欧巴马做演讲的时候还只是个州参议员
And a black man.
他还是个黑人呢
Who is it?
究竟是谁
Who's what?
什么谁
Who are you championing?
你们在为谁竞选造势
You must have somebody already.
你们肯定是手上有人了
Adam Spellman.
亚当·斯佩曼
Oh, come on!
哦 不是吧
No to the State's Attorney, but yes to a dogcatcher?
放着州检察官不要 去找个抓狗的?
He's not a dogcatcher.
他又不是抓狗的
He's a strong businessman with...
他是个成功的商人...
You think that's what America wants to see up on that dais?
美国人♥民♥怎能忍♥受这种货色站上演讲台
Eli, it's already in the works. We're pushing Spellman.
伊莱 已经在运作了 我们力推斯佩曼
Don't worry about it.
别担心
Peter Florrick's marriage is his secret weapon,
彼得的婚姻是他的秘密武器
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表