I was devastated.
我感觉像个晴天霹雳
All my life savings,
我生平所有积蓄
they were gone
全没了
just like that,
就那样没了
because of him.
就因为他
The defendant? You blame him for this pyramid scheme?
你指被告? 你觉得他应为这一非法传销负责?
Objection, calls for speculation.
反对 引导证人推测
Mrs. Florrick,
福瑞克夫人
can we save our objections for issues that really matter?
咱把反对留到有意义的问题上 行吗
I'm just trying to keep the prosecution honest,
我只是希望控方能够诚实行事
Your Honor.
法官阁下
Oh, sure, why not?
行行
Well, I'm in a good mood today, so I'll sustain that.
我今天心情不错 反对有效
I'm, uh, sorry to do this, ladies and gentlemen.
很抱歉 女生们 先生们
I'll need attorneys in chambers.
我得请双方律师进内庭会面
And, Shriff, if you would return the jury to the jury room, please.
法警 请送陪审团回陪审团室
Looks like it might rain, right?
似乎要下雨了 是吧
Um, yes, Your Honor, by-by this afternoon.
是的 法官阁下 下午会下雨
Yeah, I was in Mexico in April, not a drop.
我四月份待在墨西哥 一滴雨也没下
Uh, was Mexico beautiful?
墨西哥漂亮吗
I liked it, I liked it a lot.
我喜欢 很喜欢
I'm declaring a mistrial.
我要宣布无效审判
Did I say that you could all talk?
我允许你们说话了吗
This is not about you.
这和你们无关
I have been put in the penalty box.
我被丢到受罚席了
You'll be assigned a new judge in a month.
一个月后 你们将被指派另外一位法官
I've been transferred to the 13th floor,
我被调到13楼了
and all my cases will be reassigned as of, uh,
我手头所有案子都将重新分派
11:00 a.m. this morning. Great.
今天上午11点生效 太好了
I'm sorry, Your Honor.
我很遗憾 法官阁下
Yeah, a 15-year judicial career down the drain,
是啊 15年的司法生涯付诸流水
but hey, politis is politics.
但没办法 政♥治♥就是这样
Stop crying, Judy.
别哭了 朱迪
So, you're all dismissed.
你们可以走了
You can go and gossip to all your lawyer friends.
去跟你们的律师朋友们嚼嚼舌根
Ms. Lockhart, could you stay?
洛克哈特女士 你可以留一下吗
Don't worry, it's not ex parte.
别担心 这不是单方面交流
The trial is over.
审判已经结束
Get out.
出去
You can head out, too,Judy.
你也出去吧 朱迪
Ms. Lockhart, have a seat.
洛克哈特女士 请坐
I need a lawyer.
我需要一名律师
Civil or criminal?
民事还是刑事
Possibly both.
可能都需要
Uh, what is the case?
是什么案子
You agree to take it?
你同意接了?
Uh, no, I need to know the case first.
不 我得先知道是什么案子
I was a prosecutor 20 years ago.
20年前我是一名公诉人
I put a wife-killer in prison.
我把一个杀妻犯送进了监狱
And now a recent DNA test has proved that he might not be guilty,
最近一份DNA测试证明 他可能是无辜的
and they're looking at how I handled the prosecution.
他们在调查我当初的控诉过程
They're saying I kept things from the defense.
他们说我对辩方有所隐瞒
And that's why the penalty box.
所以你才被丢到受罚席
Yes, I'm being investigated by the state's attorney.
是 我正在接受州检察官的调查
I've been transferred to review pauper petitions
我被调去审核穷♥人♥诉状
until such time as I am cleared.
直到我被洗清
I want you to know that Mrs. Florrick has no sway over her husband.
希望你知道 福瑞克夫人无法左右她丈夫
Ms. Lockhart, you don't know me, do you?
洛克哈特女士 看来你不了解我
I'm not hiring you for your political connections.
我聘请你们 不是因为你们的政♥治♥关系
I'm hiring you because I respected the way that
而是因为我尊敬加德纳先生
Mr. Gardner battled his recent judicial bribery accusations.
应对前阵子对他司法贿赂的控诉的方式
Now, do you think I should be getting another lawyer?
你认为我应该找别人吗
I'm not sure it's a good idea.
我觉得不接为妙
We said we're overburdened as it is.
我们现在已经负担过重了
No new clients until we hire a new litigator.
在聘请一名新律师之前 不要再接新的客户了
It's a judge; a judge is when you make an exception.
他是个法官 法官是特例
Why?
为什么
We represent Cuesta, he'll have to recuse himself
如果我们做奎斯塔的律师 以后碰上我们的案子
from any future cases we have before him.
他都得回避
Yes, but it's the halo effect.
对 但要看光圈效应
Other judges will know we have their back.
其他法官会知道 我们支持他们
Howard, everything all right?
霍华德 有事吗
Yeah, I saw you were having a meeting of the name partners,
我看到你们在开冠名合伙人会议
and I thought, since I'm a name partner,
我想我也是个冠名合伙人
I should be here.
应该来开会
Okay.
好吧
Uh, we were just talking about whether to take on new client, a judge.
我们在讨论要不要接一个新的客户 是名法官
What kind of judge?
哪种法官
A criminal judge.
刑事法官
Oh, criminal, sounds smart.
刑事法官 听着是个好主意
Okay, it's been settled.
好 这就决定了
We should take on Judge Cuesta as a client; Howard approves.
我们应该接奎斯塔法官的案子 霍华德同意了
Then we'll have to hire a new litigator.
那我们得聘一名新律师
Howard, isn't that a good idea? Litigator? Yeah.
霍华德 听着不错吧? 律师? 不错
Got a few names, if you want.
我有几个人选 如果你们需要的话
Actually, Alicia had a suggestion.
艾丽西娅推荐了一个人
Cary Agos. Alicia? Who's Alicia?
凯里·艾格斯 艾丽西娅? 谁是艾丽西娅
Uh, I-I am.
我是
Cary's been demoted at the state'sattorney.
凯里在州检办被降职了
He's ready to make the jump.
他做好跳槽的准备了
But are we ready to be jumped?
但我们做好被跳槽的准备了吗
I've worked on 140 cases since I've been away,
我离开律所以后 经办了140宗案子
and I've learned a lot about myself and the law.
对自己 对法律 都有了更深入的了解
We're a bit shorthanded at the moment, Cary.
我们现在缺人 凯里
We need someone immediately.
我们需要一个马上能到岗的人
Will that work for you?
你能做到吗
Well, I'd need to offer a two week's notice,
我得提前两周交辞职信
but, uh, otherwise yes.
其他都没问题
And why are you leaving the state's attorney's office?
你为什么要离开州检办
My responsibilities have been curtailed,
我在州检办的职责被缩减了
and I wanted to face greater challenges.
我希望迎接更大的挑战
Why curtailed?
为什么会被缩减呢
Well, unfortunately, I'm not in a position to answer that.
抱歉 恕我无法回答
That's confidential state's attorney business.
这是州检办的机密事务
But it shouldn't worry us?
但我们不需要担心?
No.
不
No, Peter will give me a very strong recommendation.
不需要 彼得会给我写封很好的推荐信
And you won't have any difficulty going up against your old boss?
而与旧老板对抗也不会使你为难吗
Didn't have any difficulty going up against you two.
我与你们对抗时也没有任何为难
Will,
威尔
I'm sorry about how all that went down the last few months.
我对这几个月发生的事非常抱歉
You mean the attempted indictment of me?
你是指试图控诉我的事吗
Yes. I want you to know I was assigned that prosecution.
对 我希望你知道我是奉命行事
I never would have chosen it.
若问我本意 我不会那么做
Who would you most want to spend time
你最想和谁一起
with on a desert island?
在荒岛上度日呢
Hey.
嘿
Hey,thanks.
嘿 谢谢
They said you put in a good word for me.
他们说你帮我说了好话
You're getting pretty hard to beat in court these days;
你最近在庭上很难对付
better to have you here.
所以把你拉入阵营会更好
How'd it go?
面试情况如何
Good, I think but I don't want to jinx it.
感觉不错 不过我不想败人品
Don't tell Peter, by the way. I haven't told him yet.
对了 别告诉彼得 我还没跟他说
No problem.
没问题
He's everything we need right now: a go-getter,
他正是我们现在需要的人 有进取心
knows ins and outs of the state's attorney's office.
又了解州检办的情况
Conflicts of interests here could sink a battle ship.
他加入的话 利益冲突可能摧毁我们
Are we really suddenly worried about the conflicts of interests?
我们真的突然关心起利益冲突问题了吗
We face fifty between here and the elevator.
从这里到电梯这段路 我们就有50个冲突要面对
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表