Well, let's meet your friend.
那就去见见你的朋友吧
Okay.
好
Was it Cicero who said, "Here I stand: a man?"
这话是西塞罗说的吗 "我站在这里 一个男人"
Well, here we sit.
好 我们坐在这里
Okay, you're all here
好 你们来这里
because you've agreed to binding arbitration.
是因为你们同意进行约束仲裁
And that means the decision of the arbitrator--
那就意味着仲裁员的决定
and yes, we do say "Arbitrator," Not to "Arbiter"--
是的 我们称仲裁员 不是仲裁者
for those of you taking notes at home...
回家好好学着点吧
The decision of the arbitrator,
仲裁员的决定
and that would be myself, is final.
也就是我的决定 将是最终决定
Are we all agreed on that?
我们都同意这一点吧?
Yes, Mr. Arbitrator.
是的 仲裁员先生
Oh, my goodness gracious.
天哪
You can sit back down.
请坐下
We don't need to be so formal.
不用那么正式
Was it Shaw-- George Bernard Shaw-- who said
那是萧 萧伯纳说的吗
that formality is a, um...
正式是一种...
not a, uh...
不是...
not a good thing?
不是一个好东西
So, shall we call the first witness?
那么我们要传唤第一位证人吗
Pamela Raker.
帕米拉·雷克
I'm a professor of English literature...
我是一名英语文学教授
Actually, I was a professor of English literature
实际上 直到8月份我被解雇前
until I was fired in August.
我是一名英语文学教授
And who fired you? Mr. Daniel Clove,
谁解雇你的 丹尼尔·克拉夫先生
the provost here.
教务长
He told me he needed to downsize,
他告诉我他需要部门精简
but then he hired and promoted another English professor.
但接着他雇用并且提拔了另一位英语教授
And why do you believe you were fired?
你觉得被解雇原因何在
Objection. Calls for speculation.
反对 引导证人推测
Oh. First objection of the day.
今天的头一次反对啊
And I'm gonna sustain that.
我得说反对有效
Why were you fired... ?
为何你会被解雇
Objection.
反对
Again, calls for speculation.
一样 引导证人推测
And there's the second one.
这是第二次
Also sustained.
再次反对有效
Um... let's see.
让我想想
Just one second.
稍等一会
Take it step by step.
一步一步来
What happened first?
先问一开始发生的事
Okay.
好
What happened on the day before you were fired?
在你被解雇的前一天发生了什么
Mr. Clove... made a physical advance toward me.
我被克拉夫先生性骚扰了
I resisted, and the next day, I was fired.
我反抗他 于是第二天就被解雇了
Thank you.
谢谢
No further questions.
没有其它问题了
Ms. Raker, hello.
雷克女士 你好
I'm sorry. This sexual advance sounds terrible.
抱歉 你说的性骚扰听上去很可怕
My gosh, what happened?
我的天 是怎么一回事
He reached for my shoulders, and I pushed him away.
他伸手触我的肩 而我把他推开了
And where was this, in a bedroom somewhere?
这事发生在何处 卧室吗
No, it was the staff lounge.
不 是在教员休息室里
In the lounge? Really? Alone? No.
休息室 真的 就你们俩? 不
So, did someone call the cops?
那有人报♥警♥吗
No, they're used to it from Mr. Clove.
没有 他们对克拉夫先生的行为见惯了
Because isn't it true that what you describe
你所描述的
is Mr. Clove trying to massage your shoulders?
其实就是克拉夫先生想给你按♥摩♥肩膀 不是吗
Yes. And...
是的 那...
this is something Mr. Clove does good-naturedly to all professors?
克拉夫先生对所有教授都这么亲切的 对吗
That doesn't make it right.
但不代表这是对的
It's unwanted attention.
大家不欢迎他这样做
I resisted, and the next day, I was fired.
我反抗了他 第二天就被解雇了
This is much ado about nothing.
这是无事生非
I'm a tactile person.
我确实喜欢用身体碰触表示亲切
If someone refuses and say "No", I never do it again.
但如果有人拒绝 我就不会再做
I respect boundaries.
我尊重人的相处界限
And you squeeze the shoulders of both men and women?
无论男女 你都会捏他们的肩吗
As an encouragement.
以示鼓励
It's not sexual. And
并不是性骚扰 那...
when Ms. Raker asked you to stop, you stopped?
当雷克女士要你住手时 你停下了吗
Yes, of course.
是的 当然
I'm sorry I made her uncomfortable.
很抱歉我让她感觉不舒服了
Thank you. No further questions.
谢谢 没有其它问题了
Hit him hard.
对他步步紧逼
You stopped, but then you fired her? No.
你住了手 之后就解雇了她? 不是
I fired her because she was receiving negative student evaluations.
我解雇她是因为她的学生评估结果很差
That had nothing to do with her refusing a shoulder squeeze.
这和她反抗捏肩行为无关
My God. I'm not an idiot.
天呐 我可不是白♥痴♥
But you told...
但你告诉...
I mean,
我是说
Pamela says something differently, doesn't she?
你和帕米拉说的有些小出入 不是吗
Who's Pamela?
谁是帕米拉
My client, Mr. Arbitrator.
我的当事人 仲裁员先生
Oh, yup, she sure is.
对哦 没错
Go ahead.
继续吧
Mr. Arbitrator, could you ask the opposing counsel
仲裁员先生 可否请您要求对方律师
to refrain from her vocalizations?
克制一下自己的声音
My...? What am I doing?
我的... 我做了什么
You are making scoffing and chuckling sounds
你企图用你嘲讽式的窃笑
to intimidate my co-counsel.
吓迫我的协理律师
Really? I would think that Mrs. Florrick's
真的吗 比起我发出的声音
interruptions would be much more likely to disrupt
我觉得福瑞克女士的干预
her co-counsel than any sound I'm making.
更可能扰乱她的协理律师
Okay, ladies, we don't want to have a catfight here.
好了女士们 不要这么强火♥药♥味
You can go ahead and answer the question.
你可以继续回答她的问题了
What was the question?
什么问题
Let's start again.
从头再来次吧
Why did you tell Pamela, my client,
为什么你和我的当事人帕米拉说
that you were downsizing the department,
你正在精简部门人手
when in fact, you hired someone to replace her the next day?
但实际上 你第二天就雇了别人顶替她
I didn't want to hurt her feelings.
我不想伤害她的感情
Nobody likes to hear they're getting negative reviews.
没人愿意听到自己得了差评
And did you hire someone who was happy to get your backrubs?
你雇了一个乐意接受按♥摩♥的人吗
Objection. Argumentative.
反对 诱导性提问
Oh, I don't know.
我不知道
Uh, yeah, sure.
当然啦
Yes, sustained.
是的 反对有效
Let me try again.
让我换个问题吧
When did you get these student evaluations?
你是何时得到这些学生评估结果的
Which student evaluations?
哪些学生评估结果
The ones you used as a basis for firing my client?
那些作为解雇我当事人理由的评估结果
I don't know. In August.
不知道 8月份吧
You're right.
没错
It was in August.
确实是8月份
Three days after you fired her.
那是在你解雇她的3天之后
These are not the evaluations I was referring to.
我刚提到的不是这些评估结果
They were verbal from fellow teachers and students.
我指的是来自于老师和学生的口头评价
They said that Ms. Raker was disruptive,
他们说雷克女士暴躁好辩
argumentative, not up to her job.
不适合她的工作
And what were these arguments about-- the arguments you referred to?
你说她好辩 具体是指什么呢
I don't know.
不知道
Politics, for one.
比如政♥治♥
She's very vocal about her differences.
她总是随意表达自己的不同政见
Her differences, meaning she's a Republican?
不同政见 难道指她是共和党人
Objection. Relevance.
反对 与本案无关
The relevance is that
这与本案有关
if our client was fired for her political views,
如果我的当事人是因政♥治♥观点 而被解雇
there is no cap on the arbitration recovery. How so?
仲裁赔偿金便没有上限 怎么说
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表