Three, two, go.
三 二 一 开始
Short and to the point.
保持简洁 注意重点
Hello, Mr. Sweeney. Can you hear me?
斯威尼先生你好 能听到吗
Yes, ma'am. Good morning.
可以 女士 早上好
Good morning to you. I understand you've been sworn in.
早上好 我知道你发过誓
May I ask you a few questions?
可以问你几个问题吗
Yes. I've been wonderfully prepped here
可以 你的两位漂亮的律师
by two of your beautiful attorneys.
已经帮我做过完善的准备了
Mr. Sweeney, can you tell us
斯威尼先生 你能告诉我们
how you became acquainted with Hammett Aerospace?
你跟汉密特航♥空♥航♥天♥公♥司♥是怎么联♥系♥上的呢
Yes. I...
可以 我……
uh, rather, my company--
应该说 我的公♥司♥
my company--
我的公♥司♥
was, uh... retained to provide financing
曾对他们的股票首次发行
for their initial public stock offering.
进行投资
How's that?
说得怎么样
And in that capacity,
那在当时
did you attend a meeting at which Hammett executives
你参加过汉密特组织的对GR-6飞机
discussed potential problems with the GR-6?
潜在问题进行讨论的会议吗
Uh, yes, um, I-I believe I did.
对 我想是的
And at this meeting, can you tell us
那你能否告诉我们 在会议中
what was discussed regarding the de-icing system on the airplane?
就飞机的除冰系统你们讨论了哪些内容
The... I'm sorry, I-I...
对不起 我...
Uh, could you repeat the...
你能重复下
At this meeting...
在会议中
We need to cut him off; he's gonna hurt us.
我们得停止他作证 他对我们不利
...the de-icing system on the airplane?
飞机的除冰系统
Mr. Sweeney, do you need a moment?
斯威尼先生 你需要休息一下吗
I don't... I don't know.
我...我不知道
Your Honor, I have to ask for a brief continuance.
法官大人 我想请求短时的诉讼延期
Uh, clearly, my witness is having health issues.
显然 我方证人的健康出现了状况
Your witness is having second thoughts.
贵方证人在犹豫不决
Mr. Sweeney, what are you doing?
斯威尼先生 你在做什么
What am I doing?
我在做什么
I'm undercutting your case.
我在毁你的案子
Why?
为什么
Because I want something.
因为我想要一些东西
What?
要什么
Freedom.
自♥由♥
He'll testify if we free him?
得放了他 他才肯替我们作证吗
With good behavior, he's got two years left on his sentence.
他在狱内品行良好 还有两年就刑满了
He says that he has something to offer the State's Attorney.
他说有消息可以提供给州检察官
Evidence on drugs in prison.
狱内毒品交易的证据
I think I can find a way to get around
我找到办法可以避开
the private school money situation.
私立学校费用分担这个问题了
Hold on, Margie. Hold on.
等一下 玛吉 等一下
Well, thank you. No problem.
谢谢 没关系
So, uh, how are the interviews going?
面试的情况如何
Great. I reinterviewed my top two choices,
不错 我又面试了首选的两个人
and I think I've made a decision.
现在已做出决定了
Great. Isn't Caitlin fantastic?
好极了 凯特琳很棒吧
Caitlin? Yes. Did she tell you how much
凯特琳吗 是的 她有没有告诉你
she loves competition?
她有多爱竞赛吗
She did. Do you know her?
她说了 你认识她吗
Yes. She's my niece.
是的 她是我侄女
I told her not to mention it because I didn't
我让她别提及这个
want her to win out based on nepotism.
因为我不想她靠裙带关系赢得这份工作
I'm glad you liked her.
很高兴你喜欢她
Well, I did, um, but I... What?!
是的 但... 什么
No! Oh, come on!
不 拜托
Next time I'll get some long benches in here.
下次我可得在这里放几张长凳了
Colin Sweeney wants to make a deal.
科林·斯威尼想要做个交易
Yes. I read your e-mail.
我知道 我读过你的邮件了
Oh, yes. Imani. Hello.
伊玛妮 你好
Come on in, come on in.
进来 快进来
This is Imani Stonehouse-- she's an AUSA
这是伊玛妮·斯通豪斯 和我们一起工作的
assigned to our office to review racial bias in sentencing,
助理联邦检察官 审查审判中的种族偏见
and she keeps me honest with all my plea bargains.
同时 确保我在辩诉交易做到不偏不倚
Okay. So...
那么...
our good friends from Lockhart/Gardner...
来自洛克哈特/加德纳律所的好友们
And Monty & Columbech.
还有来自蒙卡律所的
Yes.
是的
They have an offer to make us in trade
他们为我们提供有用信息
for releasing the wife-killer, Colin Sweeney.
以释放杀妻凶手科林·斯威尼作为条件
The defensive killer of his stalker, Colin Sweeney.
科林·斯威尼杀死了尾♥行♥的人 是正当防卫
And I'm sure Imani'll have something to say about that.
我想伊玛妮对此肯定有话要说
Cary, you've seen an increase in heroin distribution
凯里 在库克郡监狱里系统海♥洛♥因♥日趋泛滥
at the Cook County prison complex.
你也心知肚明
Mr. Sweeney can tell you who
斯威尼先生会告诉你谁参与了贩毒
and how, including guards.
他们如何贩毒 包括腐♥败♥狱警的名字
In trade for his freedom. Yes.
以他的自♥由♥作为交换 是的
I don't think that's going to fly, but thank you.
我觉得这可能行不通 但还是谢谢
Why don't you check with your boss.
不如问问你的老板吧
Peter Florrick promised to fight corruption in the prison system.
彼得·福瑞克承诺要打击监狱系统的腐♥败♥
This could go a long way towards that.
这对此可大有帮助
Okay.
好的
I'll be right back.
我马上就回来
So where did you go to school?
你在哪里读的大学
Brown. You?
布朗大学 你呢
Harvard. Siblings?
哈佛 有没有兄弟姐妹
Three brothers.
三个兄弟
Lawyers?
有做律师的吗
No, the family was happy to have just one lawyer.
没有 家里为只有一个律师而高兴
One's a painter, one's a writer,
一个画家 一个作家
one teaches at the Sorbonne.
还有一个在索邦大学教书
Really?
真的吗
That's in France, isn't it?
那所学校在法国 对吧
Hmm.
是的
Okay, I talked to Peter, and he has a counteroffer.
我和彼得谈过了 他还有个交换条件
Okay. What counteroffer?
好 是什么
Donny Pike.
唐尼·派克
Senior acting member of the Aryan Warlords.
雅利安军阀的资深执行员[新纳粹组织]
He's finishing up a five year stretch at Pine Creek Penitentiary.
在松树湾监狱花了五年时间建立自己的势力
Oh, come on.
拜托
The most dangerous man in the Illinois system?
伊利诺斯州监狱中最危险的人吗
Yes, he is.
是的
And a confidante of Colin Sweeney.
还是科林·斯威尼的蓝颜知己
Mr. Sweeney gives him stock tips and Pike gives him protection.
斯威尼教他炒股 而派克则保护他
You want Sweeney to testify against him?
你想让斯威尼指证他吗
Yes. If he wants a reduction in his sentence.
是的 要是他想减少刑期的话
The last witness you tried to turn against him was murdered.
你的上一个试图指证他的证人被杀了
Yes. Well, we've learned from our mistakes.
是的 我们从中也吸取了教训
Here, you can keep this.
你们可以拿着这份档案
I was the ASA who won that plea bargain
当时是我赢了那场辩诉交易
and you're really considering reversing it?
而如今你真要推♥翻♥它吗
Not reversing it. He's served two years.
不是推♥翻♥它 他已经服刑两年了
For killing a woman.
因为他杀了个女人
No, involuntary manslaughter, with good behavior.
不 是过失杀人罪 现在品行良好
This is Colin Sweeney we're talking about.
我们说的可是科林·斯威尼
The public knows his name.
他的恶名众所周知
If we release him, we'll be crucified.
如果我们释放他 我们就被判死刑了
Not if we're using him to stop
不会 只要他可以帮助我们
a neo-Nazi from committing more murders from prison.
阻止那个新纳粹分子杀害更多的人
What do you think, Imani?
伊玛妮 你怎么认为
I think it's worth it
我认为值得
if we can stop this white supremacist.
如果我们可以阻止这个白人至上主义者
Yeah. If you stop him.
是的 如果可以阻止他
But if Colin Sweeney takes the stand,
但是让科林·斯威尼做证的话
I don't know a jury in the world who would trust him.
恐怕没有哪个法官会相信他
Okay, we're going to make the deal.
好吧 我们做这笔交易
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表