that one of the codefendants was actually guilty but
有一个共同被告是有罪的 不过
the other two weren't... That's a big if.
剩下的两个无罪 这是个很大的"如果"
Would you drop the charges against the other two?
你会不会撤销对那两个人的控罪
Alicia, it's not my call to make.
艾丽西娅 这事不由我说了算
I still have a job to protect here.
我还要保着自己的饭碗呢
For the time being, at least.
起码目前是这样
But I thought you liked the--what did you call it?
我以为你喜欢... 你用的什么词来着
Clarity.
是非分明
Well, let's just say it's getting murkier by the day.
那只能说日渐不那么分明了
I'm sorry, Alicia, honestly.
很抱歉 艾丽西娅 真的
You don't seem happy here, Cary. Really?
你在这里并不开心 凯里 是吗
Here in my cubicle?
呆在这小隔间里?
Got my Family Circus cartoons and my ficus.
有家庭马戏团和盆栽相伴
What more could I want?
夫复何求
I'll talk to you. Yeah.
咱们有空再聊 好
Peter, it's time to do this.
彼得 是时候了
It's time to decide.
该做决定了
Yeah, I know.
我知道
Which way are you going?
你怎么选
Let's do it.
我们参选吧
Good.
好
We'll win this.
我们会获胜的
I don't know about that, but...
这可难说 不过
it's been decided.
我已经下定决心
No. Callie,
不行 凯莉
all our clients are gonna sit in jail for other year,
当他们动用全部资源
while the state's attorney's office devotes every resource they have
去寻找我们当事人有罪的证据时
to figuring out how to prove them guilty.
她们要在监狱里多蹲一年
Do you really think they're not gonna find this?
你真以为他们不会发现这事吗
It's not about what I think, Diane--
这跟我怎么想没关系 戴安
my client has made up her mind.
我的当事人已经做了决定
Then your client needs to be told the facts.
那你要让你的当事人知道现在的情况
This evidence against Megan looks equally bad for all of us.
这项对梅根不利的证据 对我们所有人都很糟
There's no way to prove that Lindsey and Pam
我们根本无法证明琳赛和帕梅拉
didn't help Megan do this.
没有协助梅根
We'll take our chances.
我们会碰碰运气
No. You want the money from a lawsuit--
不 你想从官司里赚一笔
that's why you'll take your chances. Oh, grow up.
这才是原因 成熟点吧
Don't play the martyr here.
别帮自己立牌坊了
You were just as much into the money as I was.
你们跟我一样想要那笔赔偿金
And what if... Lindsey testifies against your client?
如果 琳赛作不利于你当事人的证明呢
What?
你说什么
It's a new trial.
案件重新审理了
Cary needs new witnesses to replace the DNA evidence.
凯里要新的证人来顶替之前的基因证据
Lindsey would make a good witness.
琳赛会是一个好证人
She'd lie?
她会撒谎?
She wants out of prisons; she's desperate.
她想离开监狱 她孤注一掷了
You never know what a desperate person will say.
谁会知道一个孤注一掷的人会说些什么话
So I'm wrong to want money,
我想要钱是错的
but you are not wrong to blackmail?
而你们敲诈勒索是对的?
That's right.
说得没错
How's that door looking?
那扇门看起来怎样
Within reach.
触手可及
You have any idea what you're gonna do?
你以后有什么打算吗
No.
没有
I used to like volleyball.
我从前喜欢打排球
I wouldn't mind playing some volleyball.
我不介意重拾旧业
This is where the nightmare always ended.
我每次噩梦都是现在这种情形下结束
Lindsey.
琳赛
Oh, my baby!
我的孩子
It's over. Oh, sweetheart!
都结束了 亲爱的
We've had it for far too long in the state of Illinois.
这种情况在伊利诺伊州已持续太久
It's the politics of divisiveness and discord,
政♥治♥充斥着不和与纷争
personal attacks instead of public achievement,
政客不为民谋福 只会相互攻击
negative campaigning instead of positive creation.
没有积极的创造 只有消极的竞选
And that is why today
那就是为什么今天
I am throwing my cap into the race
我郑重宣布
and announcing my candidacy for the governor of Illinois.
我正式加入伊利诺伊州长竞选的行列之中
Our next governor!
我们下一任州长
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表