You want second degree?
你想定二级谋杀吗
Offer second degree, I'll take it to him.
你提二级谋杀吧 我会告知他的
Once again, I look for my liaison, but where is she?
再说一次 我找我的联络员 她在哪里
And once again, I have a job that sometimes takes me,
再说一次 我是有工作要做的人
oddly, out of the office.
有时会离开办公室
So what, I handle this meeting on my own, is that it?
那怎样 我自己应对这次会议 是吗
You do. You're a big boy, Eli.
是的 你是个大人了 伊莱
And Will and Diane don't bite.
威尔和戴安不会咬人的
Yeah, it's not them I'm worried about.
是 我担心的不是他们
Okay, so here's my advice, Eli:
好吧 我的建议是 伊莱
don't bite them. Okay?
别咬他们 好吗
Always the levelheaded one.
我总是头脑冷静的那个
Okay. I need you to work with me full-time.
好 我需要你全职跟我共事
Really? Yes.
真的 是的
I need investigator time.
我需要更多的调查工作
The law moves slow; I move fast.
法律的事很慢 但我很快
I'm manangng three campaign crises right now,
我正在处理三个竞选危机公♥关♥
and the cheese lobby has just taken me on full-time.
而"奶酪游说"又全职雇用了我
Yes, the cheese lobby.
是的 奶酪游说
You're fast, you're a pro.
你办事效率高 专业
I need you full-time.
我要你全职为我工作
They won't let me be full-time.
他们不会同意的
That's why I'm telling them.
所以我才要跟他们说
I don't like sharing.
我不喜欢共享
And between you and me,
有个事 别跟别人说
and whoever else you tell once I ask you
我让你跟谁说 你再说
I need someone as investigator when I leave here.
我离开这里时 需要一个调查员
For opposition research.
专做敌情调查
That's not going to happen.
那是不可能的
It is going to happen,
是可能的
because I'm going to make it worth your while.
因为我会好好回报你
More money, more power, more self-reliance.
钱更多 权更大 更自立
Hello, Eli. How are you?
你好 伊莱 挺好的吧
Great. Good.
很好 不错
Will, how are you?
威尔 你好吗
I'm good, Eli. Always a pleasure.
我很好 伊莱 看到你很高兴
Julius Cain, head of litigation.
我是朱利叶斯·凯恩 诉讼部主管
Nice to meet you.
幸会
Um, so, I've hit the ground running,
我来这儿后 很快就做出很大成绩
I'm sure you're well aware,
我相信你们很清楚这一点
and now I think it's time to take a breath and reassess.
我认为 现在应该总结一下需要改进的地方
No!
不行
Ten minutes!
等十分钟
And I need both Alicia Florrick and Kalinda--
我需要艾丽西娅·福瑞克和凯琳达...
what's your last name again? Sharma.
你姓什么来着 夏尔马
Sharma, dedicated to my department full-time.
夏尔马 全职投入我部门的工作
Lobbying and crisis management are a 24/7 business,
游说和危机管理是全天候的事务
and I need 24/7 dedication.
所以我需要全天候的投入
No.
不行
Anything else?
还有别的吗
Am I making you money?
我让你们赚钱了吗
You are.
赚了
Am I encouraging clients to keep political business in-house?
我让没让客户 把政♥治♥事务都放在这家律所?
You are. Then I can't be splitting
是的 那么我不能再让艾丽西娅和凯琳达
Alicia and Kalinda's time with Legal.
分神于法律事务部门的工作
Alicia is supposed to be at this meeting. Where is she?
艾丽西娅应该出席会议的 她在哪里
She's on a case, a case that makes us money.
她去跟进一个案子了 让我们赚钱的案子
Why don't we discuss this, Eli?
此事我们还是好好讨论一下 伊莱
We take your concerns very seriously.
我们很认真地对待你的关切
He'll stay because it's in his interest to stay.
他留在这儿 是因为这符合他的利益
It's only in his interest to stay if we encourage cooperation.
只有我们好好合作 才会符合他的利益
He doesn't want cooperation.
但他不想合作
Look at the numbers, Will. The dairy people bring in
看看数字吧 仅是乳业公♥司♥带来的进项
almost a as much as we lost last year.
几乎就把我们去年的损失填平了
But at what cost? If we dedicate Alicia to Eli,
但以何为代价呢 如果把艾丽西娅给伊莱
what are we pulling her from? How much money are we losing?
她本来的工作怎么办 我们要损失多少钱
Well actually, at the moment Alicia is working on a pro bono.
实际上 艾丽西娅现在在做一项法律援助
Okay, why are we still doing pro bonos?
好吧 为什么还在做法律援助
Because we're still a member of...
因为我们仍然注册于...
And why am I the only one who's worried about the economy?
为何只有我一个人关心经济形势
We are heading into a double-dip recession
我们即将面临经济二次衰退的环境
without a bankruptcy department, without tax lawyers,
而我们现在却没有破产事务部 没有税务律师
and our lawyers, some of our best lawyers,
而我们的律师 一些最好的律师
are busy doing pro bono?
却忙于无偿的法律援助?
I need to talk to you.
我要跟你谈谈
About?
谈什么
Things.
一些事
The players.
政♥治♥参与者
The political crosscurrents.
政♥治♥对立
Really?
真的吗
You seem smart enough to figure that out.
看你很聪明 能弄明白的
I'm smart enough to know
我很聪明
I need your help figuring it out.
所以我知道 需要你帮我弄明白
We've expanded, Will, beyond our means.
我们的扩张 超出了我们的承受能力
Yes, we're one of the few all-service firms left standing,
是 我们是为数不多存活的展开各项业务的律所
but we did it at a cost,
但我们付出了很高的成本
and we can't continue this way.
不能继续再这样
What way? We need bankruptcy.
哪样 我们需要破产事务部
If there's one department that'll survive a double-dip recession,
如果有一个部门 能在经济二次衰退中存活
it's bankruptcy.
那就是破产事务部
To build one from the ground up would take time,
从零开始建立一个需要时间
but luckily enough, we can acquire one off the shelf.
但幸运的是 我们有现成的可以收♥购♥
How? There's a firm breaking up:
怎么讲 有一家律所正在解体
malpractice is going one way, acquisition another,
不当执业事务部分离出来 并购部也宣布独♥立♥
bankruptcy, I just found out, is going with litigation.
而破产事务部 则与诉讼部携手分离出来
Oh, no. Yes. You need to talk to her.
不行 行的 你得找她谈谈
We already said no. We already said no
我们已经拒绝了 当时拒绝
when we thought it was just litigation.
是以为只是诉讼部
If it's litigation and bankruptcy...
但如果是诉讼部和破产事务部...
Then you talk to her.
那你跟她谈
No. Everybody's going to be vying for her bankruptcy department.
不 大家都会争夺她的破产事务部
We need someone who has a preexisting relationship.
我们需要一个跟她有交情的人
I don't even know where she is.
我都不知道她在哪里
The Midwest Bar Association.
中西部律师协会
Celeste Serrano is doing a seminar
莎丽斯特·塞拉诺会主持一场
in Dispute Resolution.
关于纠纷解决机制的研讨会
Get us bankruptcy,
只要我们建立起破产事务部门
and we won't have to dance to the tune of Eli Gold.
就不用再被伊莱·戈德牵着鼻子走了
Have you noticed, no matter how high we go,
不知道你注意到没 无论我们如何改进
we're still dancing to someone's tune?
我们依旧是被别人牵着鼻子走的
Welcome to leadership.
知道当家不易了呵
I don't want to see any lawyers pushing off their CLE hours.
我不希望再有律师不完成继续教育时间
Guess who's in town? The Midwest Bar Association.
猜猜谁来了 中西部律师协会
That's right. That's right.
没错
Just get it over with.
完成继续教育时间吧
I have one more item I want to talk about.
我还有一件想说的事
The Department of Justice has identified certain--
司法部认为我们有某种...
and I'll use their word--
我用他们的词汇来表达
"Biases" in how we plea bargain.
辩诉交易中的"歧视"
So I've agreed to the government's request
我接受了政♥府♥的要求
to detail an AUSA to this office.
他们派来了一位助理联邦检察官
Not to monitor us, but to work with us,
不是来监督我们 是来和我们一起工作
and be as one of us.
成为我们中的一员
So please welcome Imani Stonehouse. Imani.
让我们欢迎伊玛妮·斯通豪斯
Hello.
大家好
You're all under arrest.
你们都被捕了
Okay, let's get going.
各忙各的去吧
Imani, I'd like you to meet Cary Agos.
伊玛妮 来见见凯里·艾格斯
He'll be showing you the ropes.
他会带你了解我们的情况
He already has.
他已经带我了解过了
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表