Yes. I ask for Alicia;
是的 我要求的是让你过来
I get Alicia lite.
却来了个艾丽西娅的简化版
This is GLAC, Alicia, GLAC--
艾丽西娅 这可是"GLAC"啊
the Gay and Lesbian Alliance of Chicago.
"芝加哥同性恋联盟"
They need someone to campaign
他们需要有人发起运动
against the Defense of Marriage Act.
反对《婚姻保护♥法♥案》
I needed you.
我需要的是你
Why me? Because you...
为什么是我 因为你
Because you're a gay icon.
因为你是同性恋者的偶像
Excuse me?
什么
I didn't decide it.
不是我定的
Where are you getting this?
你从哪里听来的说法
The gay blogosphere.
同性恋博客圈
You're one of those spurned wives. Oh, dear Lord.
你被丈夫冷落 天呐
Your suffering has made you iconic.
你受的痛苦让你成为偶像
They have a lot of money to fight DOMA.
他们反对法案的运作资金很充足
This means a lot of money.
这意味着给我的回报非常丰厚
Eli, as much as it would gratify me
伊莱 虽然我很想去
to sit beside you signing autographs,
坐在你旁边给粉丝签名
you are the one they want
你才是他们需要的人
you don't need window-dressing.
你不需要我来装门面
Oh, yes, Alicia, give me a pep talk.
好啊 你就给我鼓气吧
Caitlin is capable. She's smart.
凯特琳能胜任 她很聪明
She's studious. She's David Lee's niece,
她很用功 她是大卫·李的侄女
and that means something to Spencer Roth.
这对斯宾塞·罗思 会起到一些作用
She's what?
她是谁
David Lee's niece
大卫·李的侄女
David Lee's niece. The divorce attorney?
大卫·李的侄女 离婚律师吗
Yeah, family law. Why?
是的 家庭法律部 怎么了
I'll be waiting by the phone!
我等你电♥话♥
You and I need to talk, Alicia.
艾丽西娅 我们要谈谈
Don't make me wait. Don't you dare. It'll get ugly.
不要让我久等 否则我可要你好看啊
Eli!
伊莱
Stacie.
史黛西
It's so good to see you! And you.
真高兴见到你 我也是
We're up for all the same jobs, aren't we?
我们总之争一样的工作 不是吗
We should be friends.
我们应该当朋友
We shouldn't be enemies.
我们不应该当敌人
The best of friends.
最好的朋友
So, the Defense of Marriage Act,
婚姻保护♥法♥案这事
what's your pitch on that?
你的口号♥是什么
It's wrong.
"它是错的"
I want to learn from you, Eli.
伊莱 我要向你学习
There's so much I can learn.
从你身上可以学到很多东西
I want to have lunch.
我们一起吃中饭吧
Let's do. No.
一言为定 不
Not lunch. Drinks.
不吃中饭 一起喝酒
Hot drinks.
热饮
There are these drinks-- mulled wine with brandy.
有一类饮料 香料热饮酒加白兰地
They're amazing.
好喝极了
Sounds good. I'm gonna call you.
听起来很不错 到时打电♥话♥给你
Gay and Lesbian Alliance of Chicago.
芝加哥同性恋联盟
How may I connect you?
请问你要联♥系♥什么人
Hello. This is Stacie Hall's assistant.
你好 我是史黛西·豪尔的助手
I'm having trouble texting her.
我无法给她发短♥信♥
Could you get her an immediate message?
你可以给她发个即时信息吗
I know she's in a meeting with Spencer Roth.
我知道她正在见斯宾塞·罗思
Sure. What is it?
当然 信息内容是什么
Could you tell her that her 11:00 meeting with Rush
内容是 她原定11点钟和拉什的会面
has moved to noon.
改到了中午
With Rush? Yes. Limbaugh.
与拉什吗 是的 拉什·林堡
Do you want me to spell that for you?
需要我告诉你是哪几个字吗
No, I think I've got it.
不用了 我知道了
You and Mr. Gardner have known each other for...
你与加德纳先生相识已经有...
how many years? Eight years.
多少年了 八年
And you were originally partners in opposing firms? Yes.
你们原本在相互竞争的律所当合伙人? 是
And you knew about
那你知道
his troubles at his first Baltimore firm?
他在巴尔的摩事务所里的问题吗
I'll need more clarity
要回答这个问题
in order to answer that question. My apologies.
你需要再明确一点 是我疏忽了
You knew that he took $45,000
你是否知道他从某当事人的户头里
from a client's account to pay off a gambling debt?
拿出4.5万 来偿还他的赌债
All I knew is what I heard from you
我所知道的 就是你在我办公室里
when you questioned me in my office, Ms. Scott-Carr,
询问我时透露给我的 斯科特-卡尔女士
and that Peter Florrick,
而州检察官
the State's Attorney, doesn't feel there's enough
彼得·福瑞克认为
evidence there to prosecute him.
没有足够证据提出起诉
I can understand your defensiveness.
我可以理解你试图辩护
Really? I didn't think I was being defensive,
我有吗 我并不认为我是在辩护
I thought I was being clear.
我只是在阐明事实
Then let's continue to be clear.
那就继续讨论事实吧
Have you ever been to one of Mr. Gardner's pickup games?
你去过加德纳先生的篮球赛吗
No. Why not?
没有 为什么
I don't play basketball.
我不会打篮球
Has he asked you to go?
他邀请过你吗
Uh, yes.
邀请过
And why did he ask you to go
你都不会打篮球
if you didn't play basketball?
他为何还请你去呢
He said it was a good place,
他说这是与重要法官
to meet judges and prosecutors who matter.
和公诉人相识的好机会
For example, Peter Florrick,
比如 彼得·福瑞克
the current State's Attorney, often participated in the pickup games.
即现任州检察官 曾多次参加篮球赛
But you decided not to go to these games.
但你最后还是没有去
Now, wasn't that because you thought there was something
是不是因为你认为在他们的交往中
corrupt about these relationships?
有腐♥败♥行为呢
No. Oddly, it was because
不是 很奇怪的
I didn't play basketball.
原因是我不打篮球
I don't think there's anything wrong
我认为法官与律师通过体育运动
for judges and lawyers to unwind over sports.
放松一下 没有什么问题
And my guess is that the current State's Attorney
我猜现任州检察官
doesn't think so either, or he wouldn't participate.
也认同我的看法 不然他就不会参加
What's she doing? Tying Peter to it.
她是在干什么 把彼得扯进来
Let's talk about one particular lawsuit--
让我们谈谈一宗案子吧
the McDermott case.
麦克德莫特案
Now, this was a lawsuit brought by a family
这起官司的原告是一对家长
whose child died from eating food tainted with peanut oil.
他们的孩子因食用混有花生油的食物而身亡
Yes. And this was a client
是的 而这个客户
you brought into the firm. Yes.
是你带来的 是的
But Will Gardner requested to take it over from you.
威尔·加德纳要求由他来接手
Yes.
是的
Why?
为什么
He thought he would be better.
他认为他更合适
But it was only after a change of courts,
但这是发生在换庭之后
after Judge Parks had taken over the case,
即帕克斯法官接手了本案
that Will requested this switch?
威尔才提出了这个要求?
Take your time, Ms. Lockhart.
慢慢想 洛克哈特女士
Yes.
是的
And didn't you explain this switch to your associates
你向贵所律师解释调动的原因
as being due to the fact that
是否是
Mr. Gardner had a better relationship with Judge Parks?
加德纳先生与帕克斯法官有更好的私交?
Yes.
是的
How did it go?
怎么样
Will, do you have a moment?
威尔 能借一步说话吗
Why did we win the McDermott case?
麦克德莫特那个案子是怎么赢的
They asked you about the McDermott case?
他们问麦克德莫特案了?
They asked me almost exclusively about the McDermott case.
他们基本上就只问了麦克德莫特案
Why did we win it?
我们怎么赢的
It was a good case.
案子本身就好赢
No, it wasn't.
不 并不好赢
We argued it well.
我们辩论得好
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表