You turned your back to the judge.
你背对着法官了
Are you kidding me?
你是开玩笑吧
Ok, maybe you should let me argue...
能否让我说
Apologies, apologies, Your Lordship.
抱歉 抱歉 法官阁下
I am... I am new to your court.
我 初来乍到
We would argue that your parliament
我们将辩称 贵国议会
is in the midst of rewriting these libel laws
正在考虑重修诽谤法
to prevent exactly this type of libel tourism.
正是为了禁止此类马拉松式诽谤诉讼
Your Lordship, parliament was indeed considering
法官阁下 议会确实在考虑
revising these very laws until Mr. Rupert Murdoch
修订这些法律 直到发生了默多克旗下
and his recent News of the World contretemps.
世界新闻报丑闻事件
I would argue that only 23 copies
我将辩称《资助邪恶》
of Funding Evil were purchased through the Internet,
只在网上售出了23本
yet this court ordered that book's destruction...
然而法庭还是宣判那本书有损...
I think you'd better argue instead.
我认为应该由你来辩护
The judge likes demure.
这法官喜欢严肃端庄型的
Mr.Thrush made fine point, we'll continue.
萨什先生说得好 我们继续
If I may, Your Lordship.
我可以说句话吗 法官阁下
Yes, Mr. O'Brannon.
行 O'布朗南先生
Uh, Brannon, Your Lordship.
是布朗南 法官阁下
We ask the court's indulgence
我们请求法庭容许
in hearing evidence intended to refute the applicant's charge.
听取意在驳回控方控告的证据
Proceed.
准许
I love you.
我爱你
I'm sorry. It's so cold.
对不起 太冷了
Bobby, do me a favor
鲍比 拜托你
just get up .
站起来
You can do it.
你能行
Please.
求你了
I'm just so tired..
我太累了
I know.
我知道
Your son needs you, Bobby.
你儿子需要你 鲍比
He's here.
他就在这里
He needs his father. So get up and walk.
他需要他父亲 站起来 走
And this is your husband? Yes.
电♥话♥里是你丈夫? 是的
He had a satellitehone. he called from the South Col.
他有一部卫星电♥话♥ 他从南隘口打来的
He always called at noon.
他总是中午打来
And you recorded that.
然后你录下来了
Yes.
是的
I wanted his son to remember him.
我想让儿子记得他
Use the oxygen, Bobby. Please.
用氧气吧 鲍比 求你了
And get up and walk.
站起来 走
Over here! Here!
在这里 这里
Is someone there?
那边有人吗
Bobby!
鲍比
It's the British team.
是英国队
Hold on.
等一下
But they didn't stop for him.
但他们没有为他停下脚步
And they took your husband's oxygen tank.
他们拿走了你丈夫的氧气罐
Yes. I asked him to use his oxygen tank,
是的 我让他用氧气罐
but it was gone.
但是已经没了
No apology, no money.
不道歉 不给钱
But we'll agree not to print the book in Great Britain.
但我们会同意不在英国出版此书
Very emotional in there.
真是感人啊
Nice touch using the female lawyer.
用女律师这招不错呀
You Americans certainly do enjoy your drama.
你们美国人肯定很欣赏自己的好戏
So does His Lordship.Did you see him?
法官阁下也很欣赏呢 你看到了吗
1.2 million pounds and an apology.
一百二十万镑 外加道歉
So is this some of that famous
这就是你们英国人常说的
stiff-upper-lip stuff I've heard about?
死硬到底吗
God, I do love you Yanks.
上帝 我真是喜欢你们美♥国♥佬♥
You are so easy to distract.
你们的注意力真容易转移
With our accents
我们有我们的口音
and our periwigs and our tea and crumpets.
我们的假发 英国茶 还有松脆饼
And Benny Hill. Don't forget Benny Hill.
还有小帅哥本尼·希尔 别忘了本尼·希尔
But I am not the England of Big Ben and bobbies.
但我不是来自那个有着大本钟和傻警♥察♥的英国
I'm not the England of doilies and cucumber sandwiches.
不是来自有着小杯垫和黄瓜三明治的英国
I'm the England of football hooligans
我来自满是足球流氓的英国
and Jack the Ripper.
以及有着开膛手杰克的英国
And this England don't play nice, and it don't play fair,
这个英国不会很正大光明 公平行事
and it don't ever stop.
也永不停步
Here's some advice, Mr., uh... Thrush.
我有些建议 萨什先生
When you want to intimidate someone,
你要威胁别人的时候
don't use so many words.
别说那么多话
Intimidation isn't a sonnet.
威胁不是十四行诗
It seems we understand each other perfectly.
看起来我们都完全理解对方
Shall we?
我们开始吧
Mrs. Lambros,
兰博斯太太
you used to be a mountaineer yourself?
你自己过去就是个登山者?
Yes, until I became pregnant.
是的 直到我怀孕
And why did you stop then?
为何那时你不爬山了
Why? I couldn't risk it with a son.
为何 我不能冒险失去儿子
Yes, of course.
是 当然
Your husband kept climbing after you gave birth?
你生完孩子后你丈夫继续爬山
Yes. He was a guide. It was his job.
是的 他是个向导 这是他的工作
But he was offered other
但是有些不那么危险的
climbing jobs on less dangerous peaks.
登山工作也找过他的
In the Alps, for instance.
比如说 阿尔卑斯山
Don't need to answer that. We understand.
不需回答 我们明白的
Tell me about hypoxia.
和我说说组织缺氧
Uh, hypoxia is an extreme form
组织缺氧是缺氧的极端状态
of oxygen deprivation prevalent at high altitudes.
在高纬度地区很常见
Thank you. Now, isn't one of the potential
谢谢 组织缺氧的一个潜在
side effects of hypoxia hallucinations?
副作用是出现幻觉吗
Potentially.
有这个潜在可能
Mrs. Lambros, I put it to you that your husband
兰博斯太太 我认为你的丈夫
was hallucinating on that telephone call.
打电♥话♥时出现了幻觉
I put it to you that your husband
我认为你的丈夫
saw what he wished to see--
看见了他想看到的
the British team coming to save him.
一支英国队伍来救他
Oh, come on.
算了吧
You're kidding me.
你开玩笑吧
I beg your pardon.
对不起你说什么
You really think that Robert Lambros hallucinated
你真的认为罗伯特·兰博斯产生了幻觉
Cardiff taking his oxygen tank?
以为卡迪夫拿走了他的氧气罐
Really? How does that work?
真的吗 怎么做到的
I think, my l...
我认为 我的
Your Lordship, I...
法官阁下 我
No, seriously, how does he hallucinate
不 严肃地说 他怎么会出现幻觉
the loss of his oxygen tank?
他没有氧气罐了呢
It was my contention that he
我的观点是最开始
hallucinated its existence in the first place.
他幻觉中以为有氧气罐
If you're going to blame the victim,
如果你要怪罪受害者
at least use some better logic.
至少逻辑好一点
Your Lordship, I object to the tone that this...
法官阁下 我反对这个腔调这
This what?
这什么
This American lawyer? Is that what you were going to say?
这个美国律师 这就是你要说的吗
Let us take a short break.
短暂休庭
Demure, huh?
严肃端庄 呵呵
Change of plans.
计划有变
I think I'm having American Revolution fantasies.
我觉得我开始幻想美国革命
That turned me on.
让我很兴奋
Well, I can dress up.
我可以玩角色扮演
I want to take you now.
我想现在就来
Well, that might prove difficult.
这倒有点困难
In my bathroom.
去我的洗手间
We have ten minutes.
我们有十分钟
I'll go first.
我先过去
Oh, Will, we're being watched.
威尔 有人看我们呢
Where is that book? Hmm...
那本书在哪儿呢
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表