Jonathan Meade was the name of a friend of mine
乔纳森·米德是我一个朋友的名字
who I invited to one of my wednesday night basketball games.
我曾邀请他参加我每周三晚组织的篮球赛
But he acted as a bookie?
但他是庄家的身份?
He acted in a lot of capacities.
他从事过很多职业
At one point, he was even an actor.
有一段时间 他还当过演员
Really? In what?
真的呀 演过什么
I... I don't know,
不知道
but I think it was a low-budget movie.
但我记得好像是个小成本电影
A horror movie? And you witnessed
恐怖片? 你目击
several judges placing bets with Jonathan Meade?
几位法官找乔纳森·米德下赌注?
Could you be more specific? Regarding?
你可以说得更具体点吗 哪方面
Which three judges? Excuse me, Ms. Tascioni,
哪三位法官 抱歉 塔肖尼女士
this is Mr. Gardner's proffer, not ours.
该是加德纳先生供述 不是我们
Oh, yes, I know, but
是 我知道
Mr. Gardner needs to know what you're after
但加德纳先生必须知道你们的调查目标
in order to help you.
才能帮得上忙
There were a lot of judges at this basketball game over the years,
几年来 有很多法官参加过这个篮球赛
and how many of them talked to your actor friend?
其中多少人和你的演员朋友交谈过?
Quite a few. You see?
好几位 你看吧
How can we help you if you won't give us any direction on how to help you?
你们不指明方向 我们怎么帮助你们
Judge Winter, Judge Dunaway, and Judge Parks.
温特法官 达纳韦法官 帕克斯法官
Okay, now it's your turn, Mr. Gardner.
轮到你了 加德纳先生
Did you see Mr. Meade placing any bets
你是否见到米德先生下赌注
or otherwise conferring with these three judges?
或与这三位法官进行商讨
I'm sorry.
抱歉
I wish I could remember.
我真希望我能记起来
That was a shame.
真遗憾
She played you. Yes, thank you, Cary.
你被她耍了 没错 多谢提醒 凯里
This investigator that you're cultivating at Lockhart/Gardner?
你拉拢的那个洛&加律所的调查员
Kalinda? Mmhmm.
凯琳达? 嗯
It's time to stop cultivating, and start planting.
是时候派上用场了
Okay.
好的
We need to have a conversation about vulnerabilities.
我们得谈谈你有什么把柄了
Here's the difficulty:
有一个难题
I don't know where I'm vulnerable.
我不知道我会在哪儿被人抓到把柄
Well, I'd start looking,
你最好开始找
because... oh, look, there's my earring!
因为... 看 我那只耳环在那儿
Dollar bills can be lost, stolen, burned.
美元纸币可能会丢失 遭窃 烧毁
Bitcoin is here forever, on the Internet.
比特币永远都在网上
While dollar bills are traded through a bank,
美元经由银行交换
Bitcoin is traded peer-to-peer. Yay!
比特币以点对点方式交换
See, Mom? Pretty colors.
妈 看到没 颜色挺漂亮的
Fun, right?
有意思吧
Thanks, Zach.
谢了 扎克
So...
这么说来
you don't buy Bitcoin.
我们不能购买♥♥比特币
No, you can.
可以买♥♥
There are currency traders online.
线上有货币兑换员
Yeah, one Bitcoin's worth three dollars.
是 一个比特币值3美元
It used to be $33. People were hoarding.
曾经飙到33美元 当时大家都在囤积
But that's not how it gets into circulation. You mine it.
但它不是这样进入流通的 你得"挖矿"
Like gold. The guy who invented it created this program
像金子一样 发明比特币的人写了个程序
that releases blocks of Bitcoin over time.
定时发行"比特矿"
See?
看到没
That means running software on your computer
也就是说 你在自己电脑上运行软件
that works to solve complicated mathematical problems.
来解决复杂的数学难题
You receive a Bitcoin when your computer succeeds.
电脑成功解题 你就能得到一个比特币
The more computer power you have,
你用于挖矿的电脑越多
the more mining you can do.
你挖得越多
Once you have Bitcoins...
一旦你拥有比特币...
So you're representing the inventor, Mrs. Florrick.
福瑞克太太 你在代理比特币发明人吧
That's really cool. Just his lawyer, Nisa.
真酷 妮莎 我只代理他的律师
Bit less cool.
没那么酷
It's like this big mystery.
他是个巨大的谜团
The guy who invented Bitcoin.
发明比特币的人
Nobody knows who he is.
没人知道他是谁
He's supposed to be this genius cryptographer,
有人认为他是天才密♥码♥专家
because no one's been able to break the Bitcoin code yet.
因为目前还没人能破解"比特币"代码
Yeah, my father thinks he's a Japanese programmer.
没错 我爸觉得他是日籍程序员
I heard Irish. Okay. Well.
我听说是爱尔兰籍 好吧
Thanks for your help.
多谢你们帮忙
This stuff makes me feel so... dated.
这玩意让我觉得自己落伍 超久了
I have to go.
我得走了
I love you.
我爱你
Love you, too.
我也是
Good morning, Your Honor.
早上好 法官阁下
Good morning, Mr. Higgs.
早上好 希格斯先生
You're representing the U.S. Treasury today, correct?
你是代表美国财政部 对吗
Yes, Your Honor.
是的 法官阁下
Good. 'Cause I have some complaints about
很好 因为我对苏珊·B·安东尼那版的
my Susan B. Anthony silver dollars.
一元硬币有些意见
That- that was before my time.
这是我任职前的事
No, seriously. What were they thinking?
不 说真的 他们当时在想什么
They feel like quarters.
它们就像25分的硬币
Well, again, I wasn't here,
再说一次 我当时还未任职
but I can ask around.
但我可以为你询问下
Oh, please. Please do.
那拜托 请务必这么做
Ah. Mrs. Florrick. Hello.
福瑞克夫人 你好
Good morning, Your Honor.
早上好 法官阁下
So, uh... money-- that's why we're here today?
所以 钱就是我们今天聚于此的原因吧
Oh, yes, Your Honor.
是的 法官阁下
Mrs. Florrick's client
福瑞克夫人的当事人
represents a criminal, Mr. Bitcoin.
代理了一名罪犯 名为"比特币先生"
Excuse me.
抱歉
Mr. Bitcoin?
比特币先生?
Yes. That's what we've come to designate
是的 我们以此来称呼这位
the mysterious creator of this new Internet currency.
创造了新互联网货币的神秘人士
Do you guys at Treasury get a lot of dates?
你们财政部是否有很多事要做
Yes, we do. Um... thank you for asking.
是的 谢谢关心
And why is this so important?
那为何这事如此重要
We believe this unregulated currency is being used
我们认为 这种法律之外的货币
in a digital black market,
正在网络黑市流通
guaranteeing anonymity to money launderers, drug dealers,
它确保了洗钱者 毒贩
and child pornographers. And Mr. Bitcoin
以及儿童色情作品作者的匿名性 而比特币先生
is attempting to guarantee his own anonymity
试图用律师-委托人保密特权的障眼法
through the smokescreen of attorney-client privilege.
来确保自己的匿名性
I don't think I would call attorney-client privilege
我认为不该将律师-委托人保密特权
a smokescreen, Your Honor.
称为障眼法 法官阁下
This privilege protects communications between
这项特权保护的是律师与委托人
a lawyer and his client,
之间的对话
not the client's identity.
而不是委托人的身份
Unless his identity is the subject
但如果身份是他们对话的主题
of these communications.
则另当别论
With one exception.
但有一种例外情况
The "crime fraud exception," which requires that
"欺诈犯罪特例"条款要求
Mr. Stack reveal Mr. Bitcoin
如果比特币先生正在犯罪
if he's in the process of committing a crime.
则斯塔克先生应披露之
Which has not been established.
现在还没有证明他在犯罪
You know, folks,
各位
I always wait in court patiently
我总是耐心地坐在庭上
for these little conundrums.
面对这些小难题
That is why God made me a judge.
这也是上帝让我做法官的原因
So that I could decide on motions exactly like this.
所以我完全能这样决定动议
So... eeny, meeny, miny, moe.
泥锅泥碗你滚淡...
That's a joke, folks.
开玩笑的 各位
Government's motion is denied.
政♥府♥动议否决
Thank you, Mrs. Florrick.
谢谢你 福瑞克夫人
Now I have to go meet with some Occupy Wall Streeters.
我得去见几个"占领华尔街"的示♥威♥者
New clients?
新的委托人吗
Yes, but...
是的 但...
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表