不能陪着我的丈夫
be with my husband.
瑞伯德一直向我保证 化疗会有效果
Dr. Reybold kept reassuring that this chemo was gonna work.
我活下来了 真是奇迹
I was alive. It was a miracle.
一年前
A year ago,
我的牙齿开始松动脱落
my teeth started falling out.
六个月前 病魔夺走了我的腿
Six months ago, it took my leg.
现在你告诉我 这一切就是为了钱吗
And now you're telling me it was all for money?
-有什么发现 -我帮你复印了
- What have you got? - I made you copies
我们能复原的病历
of the patient files we could salvage.
57名病人中的42人 都是女性
42 out of 57 patients. All women.
都被她们不需要的化疗荼毒
All poisoned with chemo they did not need.
都愿意作证
All willing to testify.
-够了吗 -为了诈骗罪吗
- Is this enough? - For fraud?
杀人罪
For homicide.
你想要他从今天开始不能继续害人
You want him to stop practicing today?
我会以诈骗的罪名去面见一支特别大陪审团
I go in front of a special grand jury with fraud charges,
而专业法规部会在我那么做的当下
and the Department of Professional Regulations
就吊销他的执照
will pull his license the minute I do.
等他的律师看到我们掌握的证据
And when his lawyer sees what we have,
他就只能认了
he'll roll.
你们在此之后找到新的证据
Look, you turn up new information after that,
我们可以乘胜追击
we can go back for another bite at the apple
并用诈骗案作为证据
and use the fraud case as evidence.
艾琳 从我进来的那一刻起
Erin... He stops practicing
他就没法再害人了
the minute I walk in.
你的警长现在怎么样
How's your sergeant?
如果能定他杀人罪 他应该会好受很多
He'll be a lot better with a homicide conviction.
博伊特
Voight.
什么
What?
你达成了协议
Hey. You made a deal?
什么协议
What kind of deal?
吊销一年执照...
It's a year's license suspension--
-你在逗我吗 -五年缓刑
- Are you kidding me? - Five years probation,
-140万... -不坐牢
- $14 million in resti-- - No jail time?
你觉得这些女人想卷进庭审案件吗
You think these women want to get dragged through a trial?
我觉得这些女人想要的是公正
I think those women want justice.
我也一样
I do!
如果他败诉 他可以多年坚持上诉
If he loses, he could appeal for years.
她们有多少人有这个时间耗下去
How many of them have that kind of time?
他不仅仅是诈骗 丹娜
He didn't just defraud people, Dana.
-他是在谋杀她们 -但我们没办法证明
- He murdered them. - But we can't prove it.
法官建议我们基于证据接受这份协议
The judge advised us to take this based on the evidence.
州检察官也同意
State's attorney agreed.
在你给我新的证据之前...
Until you get me new evidence...
我无能为力
my hands are tied.
我需要你的帮助
I need your help.
临床上来说
Well, at first blush,
初步判断他是典型的精神变♥态♥
clinically, classic psychopath.
折磨弱者
Prey on the weak.
这些女人都因为年龄或人种被边缘化
All these women are marginalized by age or race
生理或心理上孤立无援
and physically or emotionally removed from any support.
我们从通话记录里得知
Well, we know from phone records
这四位女性相互认识
four of these women knew each other,
就是在那里
and from there,
我们发现她们在一个聊天室认识
we discovered they met in a chat room,
比较就医记录
compared notes.
我们最多只能说 她们同意去见他
They agreed to meet with him, and as best we can tell,
找他对质治疗方案
confront him about his methods.
所以我的问题是
So my question is:
在她们已经产生怀疑后 他是如何做到
How could he have managed to pull them in for more rounds
继续哄骗她们更多次的
if they were already skeptical?
癌症诊断的不确定性非常大
Cancer diagnosis has so much uncertainty.
在治疗过程中
People are looking for a guide
人们会寻求指引
through the process,
寻找信任之人
someone they can trust.
救世主
A savior.
她们除此之外还有什么选择呢
And if they walked away, what would they have?
精神变♥态♥者通过控制受害者
Psychopaths control their victims
来获得他们渴望的掌控权
to get that charge they crave.
告诉一个健康女人身患癌症
Telling a healthy woman she has cancer,
很刺♥激♥
oh, there's a thrill.
他就是这样开始的吧
Probably where he started. Right?
这么做了 又没被抓
He does that, doesn't get caught,
于是他寻求更大的刺♥激♥
so he escalates to the next stimulus--
治疗她 成为她的救世主
treating her, becoming her champion.
我敢打包票 这家伙过去
I wager heavily we look into this guy's past,
肯定被女人伤害过
there's mistreatment by women.
现在他翻身了
Now he flipped it.
"我以前受制于人
"I used to be subject.
而如今我是上帝"
Now I'm God."
你愿意出庭作证吗
Would you be willing to testify to that?
如果要出庭的话 我得...
In order to take the stand, you know, I gotta...
我得对他进行全面诊断
I get fully formed diagnosis, right?
亲自跟他面谈
Speak to him directly.
这个...
Well...
他不会承认自己是疯子...
He ain't pleading insanity...
而且我保证
And I promise you
他的辩护律师不会让你靠近他
his lawyer's not gonna let you anywhere near him.
查尔斯医生 抱歉
Dr. Charles--sorry.
我只想过来告诉一声 杰西卡·波普...
I just wanted to let you know that Jessica Pope...
她没坚持下来
She didn't make it.
-谢谢 -没事
- Thank you. - Yeah.
变♥态♥一般都喜欢
The thing about psychopaths...
自吹自擂
love to hear themselves talk.
-什么事 -监控录像显示
- Yeah? - We picked up footage
事故那晚 你的车停在卡莉家外面
of your car outside Callie's house the night of the incident.
你是说你搭档杀了我哥那晚吗
You mean the night your partner killed my brother.
对 我知道你开车送的他
Yeah, and I know you drove him there.
-所以呢 -所以我觉得你没走
- So? - So I don't think you left.
我认为你跟踪了他 他失血而亡后
I think you followed him, and when he bled out
你拿走了他的枪 让他看起来是无辜的
you took his gun so he'd look innocent.
一个无辜的好警♥察♥会因此而含冤入狱
And because of that, a good police officer is gonna go down for something he didn't do.
你们这些警♥察♥真不可理喻
You guys are incredible.
如果那把枪在你那儿 丹尼
If you have that gun, Denny,
你得马上交出来
you need to turn it over right now.
-否则我就会... -逮捕我吗
- Otherwise, you're looking at-- - Are you arresting me?
现在不会
Not yet.
我没有枪
I don't have a gun.
我跟你无话可说
I got nothing more to say to you.
谢谢
Thank you.
你是新闻报道的那个医生
You're that doctor from the news.
抱歉
I'm sorry.
我是芝加哥医院的丹尼尔·查尔斯医生
Dr. Daniel Charles, Chicago Med.
天 他们最近是盯上我们了啊
Man, they sure are going after us these days, aren't they?
你被保释了吗
You out on bail?
他们最开始以什么罪逮捕你的
I mean, why are they even charging you in the first place?
能给我解释一下吗
Can you explain that to me?
疏远癌症患者一定很不容易
Must be so hard to distance yourself from cancer patients.
当你开始从医时
When you got into medicine,
你打算救活天下人吗
did you expect to save everyone's life?
但病人一个个离世
But to lose patients over and over,
看着他们被病魔夺去生命...
watch them get diminished by illness...
美国太落后了
The U.S. is so far behind.
我手上拥有一系列革命性的试验疗法
I have a series of cocktails that are revolutionary.
我的方法与实验数据让其他医生都望尘莫及
Other doctors don't approach my methods or my numbers.
这才该上新闻
That's what should be on the news.
确实该报道
That should be on the news...
当然了
And, of course, I mean,
毕竟她们从没怀疑你的疗法吧
they never questioned your therapies, right?
我是说...
I mean, wh-- -
剧集 | 芝加哥警署 | 导航列表