I saw the Abominable Snowman himself, hmm?
我亲眼见到了喜马拉雅雪怪
He looked at me, and I looked at him.
他看着我 我看着他
I believe you saw what you say you saw.
我相信你看到了你所看到的
But you believe it was a hallucination.
但你觉得那是幻觉
No, I believe you actually saw it.
不 我相信你真的看见了
Ah. A yeti?
雪怪吗
No.
不是
What you saw was Ursus arctos isabellinus.
你看见的是喜玛拉雅棕熊
They're usually red or sandy in color,
他们通常是红色或者浅黄色的
but the one you saw was covered in ice.
但是你看见的那只被雪掩盖了
A seven-foot-tall bear covered in ice?
七英尺高的熊被雪掩盖了吗
Yes. Ursus arctos makes this sound
是的 棕熊发出的声音
much like a human being grunting.
很像人类的嘟哝声
You did a lot of work on this.
你下了很多功夫啊
Yes.
是啊
I believe you saw exactly what you say you saw.
我相信你所言非虚
You're simply calling it by the wrong name.
只是你叫错了名字
Ah, thank you, Bones. I appreciate you, you know,
谢谢 骨头 我感激你
giving me the benefit of the doubt.
假定我没有错
You're welcome.
不客气
Okay, look, this guy has got two motives, okay.
好了 听着 这个家伙有两个动机
One, revenge for getting booted to Public Access,
其一 为被踢到公共频道而复仇
and two, he earns a living talking about mythical animals.
其二 他以谈论那些神秘生物为生
Also, he'd be an expert at faking a chupacabra attack.
还有他一定很擅长伪造食腥兽攻击
Three, two, one.
三 二 一
I received word this week that there was a sighting
本周我得知有人看见了
of one of the most elusive cryptids:
最罕见的未知生物
the Bukit Timah Monkey Man,
武吉知马岛猿人
an immortal hominid that lives in the forests of Singapore.
新加坡森林里的长生类人动物
What more proof do you need?
你还需要更多的证据吗
Well, this is a treat.
有嘉宾来了
It looks like we're being joined today by
看起来今天我们有幸请来了
one of the many celebrity guest scientist
《眼见为实》的众多
who frequently appear on Seeing Is Believing.
客座科学家之一
Forensic anthropologist Dr. Temperance Brennan is here.
法医人类学家坦普瑞·布纳恩博士
Please, join me, Doctor.
请加入我吧 博士
Kevin, get a chair!
凯文 快去拿把椅子来
Should I go?
我该去吗
Why not? It's not like anybody's watching.
何乐不为 又没人看
Hello.
你好
Bup-up-up-up-up!
赶紧的
Hello! Welcome. Thank you.
你好 欢迎 谢谢
It is always a pleasure to meet a fellow scientist.
和科学同仁座谈总是很荣幸的
I do not accept the premise that cryptozoology is a science.
我不认为神秘动物学是一项科学
I would point out that
我要指出
every major advance in the history of science
历史上科学的每一个重大突破
was at first dismissed as fairy tale or pseudoscience.
最开始都被误认为是神话或者伪科学
Cryptozoologists begin with a conclusion
神秘动物学以结论为前提
and then work backwards to prove it.
然后反向来证明其结论
That is not science.
这不是科学
That's the opposite of science.
是刚好与科学相反
I'm sorry, did you just come here to insult me and my work?
抱歉 你到这来是侮辱我和我的工作的吗
No, I came here
不 我来这
because you're a suspect in the murder of Lee Coleman.
是因为你涉嫌谋杀李·科曼
And we'll be right back.
马上回来
So now I have to talk to a shrink?
我现在必须要和心理医生谈话吗
Why, because I believe there are creatures
为什么 因为我相信
the scientific community doesn't accept?
科学界不接受的生物吗
No, no, I think this has more to do
不是 不是 我觉得这主要是因为
with the e-mail you sent to Ms. Tweed.
你发给特韦德女士的邮件
It was an e-mail!
不就是封邮件
A piece of paper.
一张纸而已
Not even... until it was printed.
没打印出来的时候连纸都不是
The FBI sees it as a threat.
联邦调查局认为这是恐吓
So I'm here to try and understand why you sent it.
所以我要了解你为什么发那封邮件
I was angry that I lost my show.
我因剧集被砍了恼羞成怒
I'm sorry. Look,
抱歉 听着
I know people think I'm a little off
我知道人们因为我的研究领域
because of my field of study.
认为我头脑有点儿不正常
Oh, no. I mean, I study the human mind, okay, so I can
不 我是说 我是学心理的
definitely confirm that there are many mysteries out there
所以我确信有很多神秘的事情
that are very difficult to explain.
是很难解释的
Yes. Right, yes.
是的 没错
And you had a forum on the Wilderness Channel
你在荒野电视台有个论♥坛♥
to educate people.
来教育大众
I was gonna get a publishing deal and everything.
我本来有出版合同 一切的一切
To distribute your findings.
发布你的发现
I could have legitimized cryptozoology.
我本可以使神秘动物学得到认可的
You must have been very angry.
你肯定很生气
The son of a bitch destroyed my life and he took my producer.
那混♥蛋♥毁了一切还抢走了我的制片人
I'm on a community college station now.
我现在沦落到了社区大学
My show airs at 2:00 in the morning.
我的节目凌晨两点播出
How would you feel?
换了你 心情会如何
Angry.
生气
Not angry enough to kill someone.
但没气到杀人泄愤
I didn't kill him.
我没杀他
I didn't have to.
我没必要
The Chupacabra beat me to it.
食腥兽替我报仇了
Coleman had such disdain for my work.
科曼鄙视我的工作
But I bet he believed in that creature
我赌他现在相信食腥兽的存在
as it was killing him.
他是被它杀死的
The FBI's convinced that the whole attack was faked,
联邦调查局确信袭击是伪造的
that there's no such thing as a chupacabra.
没有食腥兽这种东西
There's ample literature that proves otherwise.
有足够多的文献证明其存在
Is this your own self-published literature we're talking about?
你说的是你自己出版的文献吗
It doesn't matter.
无所谓
With all the media frenzy over Coleman's death,
媒体疯狂的报道科曼的死
those woods are like Grand Central Station.
那片树林现在就像是中♥央♥车站一样热闹
I'm sure the Chupacabra has long since fled.
我确定食腥兽早已逃走了
It's like the Loch Ness fiasco all over again.
就跟尼斯湖水怪的那次事件一样
Yeah, possibly.
可能吧
Uh, but the forensics team is combing though all of the evidence.
但是鉴证组正在梳理所有的证据
So I'm sure they'll find the truth.
我相信他们会找到真♥相♥的
That's what you want, isn't it?
这是你想要的 不是吗
The truth?
真♥相♥
So I stripped away the audio track with Coleman's voice
我把科曼的声音从音轨里去除了
and I amplified the background noise.
放大了背景音
You just turned up the volume.
你只是调大了音量
I could've done that.
我也能做到
I'm sorry. Uh, do I just say,
不好意思 我有说
"You look at gooey stuff all day. I could do that"?
"你只是盯着粘稠物看 我也能"了吗
I also used a multiband digital noise gate
我还用了多频数字噪声闸
to remove the ambient sounds
去掉了环境声
and I reconstituted the compressed information
还根据奈奎斯特频率
above the Nyquist frequency. Okay?
重建了压缩信息 明白了吗
I think you've made your point, yes.
你说的很清楚了
This is what we have left.
这是最后剩下的音轨
They both sound animal-like.
听起来都像动物的声音
Yeah, well, the first one is.
是啊 第一个是
I've identified it as the mating call of a whitetail deer.
我鉴定出来是白尾鹿交♥配♥的声音
And the second sound?
第二个呢
Well, I haven't cracked that one yet.
还没破解出来
It sounds like an animal,
听起来像是动物
but look at it on the EQ visualiser.
但是看图形均衡器
It has a recurring consistent pattern
有一致性的规律波动
that suggests it's mechanical.
表明是一种机器的声音
I'm gonna run it through the Jeffersonian's audio database
我要把它输进杰斐逊实验室的音频数据库
and check for matches.
进行比对
Oh! We have an audio database?
我们有音频数据库吗
Yeah, we sure do.
是啊 当然有
剧集 | 识骨寻踪(2005) | 导航列表