And he... he tried to stop me.
他想要阻止我
I told him to move.
我叫他走开
But he didn't.
但他没有
I kept thinking he would move.
我以为他会走开的
I'm sorry.
对不起
What did I write my essay on?
我根据什么写的论文
I used yours.
我用了你的
I tarted it up a little.
我加工了一下
Quoted Montaigne,
引用了蒙田
David Foster Wallace.
还有大卫·福斯特·华♥莱♥士♥
They're writers.
他们都是作家
I know they're writers.
我知道他们是作家
I'm just...
我只是...
You're telling me that
你是想告诉我
if I wanted to, I could simply go
只要我想 我就能
to Columbia University in the fall?
在今年秋天去哥伦比亚大学吗
Yes.
没错
I see what's going on here.
我知道怎么回事了
Oh, thank God.
感谢上帝
I just-I just...
我只是
I want what's best for you.
我想给你最好的
I know you do,
我知道
which is why you're testing me.
所以你才会考验我
What? Well, surprise.
什么 惊喜
I've learned a lot from you.
我从你身上学到了很多
I've learned to try hard and not take shortcuts.
我学到了应该努力 不走捷径
I've learned it's wrong to cheat.
我学到了作弊是不对的
Oh, really?
是吗
But what are you gonna do?
那你准备做什么
Here's what I'll do:
这就是我想做的
I'll work for a year and make money
我会打一年工赚钱
and I'll take extra courses,
再补补课
and I'll get into Columbia on my own and make you proud.
然后我会自己考进哥伦比亚大学 让你骄傲
You already have.
你已经让我骄傲了
I want to be just like you.
我想成为你这样的人
That's sweet,
这话真甜
but I think you should aim a little higher.
但我觉得你的标准应该定高点儿
It was wonderful meeting you, Dr. Sweets.
认识你很荣幸 斯维斯医生
I've enjoyed my visit.
在这里我很开心
And you're leaving a hero.
你像英雄一样离开
Oh, I'd hardly say.
我不会那么说的
I know. That's why I did.
我知道 所以我替你说了
So did you talk to Dr. Brennan?
你和布纳恩博士谈过吗
Oh, no.
还没有
But if you really care about your arm,
可如果你真在乎你的手臂
I seriously recommend...
我建议你...
Dr. Filmore.
费摩尔博士
What now?
什么事
Have I embarrassed you in some way, dr. Brennan?
布纳恩医生 我在什么方面让你难堪吗
I know the only reason
我知道我之所以来这
I was here was because you wanted the feet that I possessed.
是因为你想要我手里的断足
Dr. Filmore... Do you deny it?
费摩尔博士 你想否认吗
Was it my expertise you sought when you called?
你找我来 是因为我的专业知识吗
No, it wasn't.
不 不是
You are brilliant, Dr. Brennan, I won't deny it,
布纳恩博士 你很优秀 这点我并不否认
but you are also a close-minded and a thoughtless person.
但你却也是一个思想保守 不留情面的人
Yes, I have heard that before
确实 这话我听说过
which is why I wanted to address
所以我想谈谈
the issue of the article I wrote in the journal.
我文章中涉及的问题
While I don't believe that forensic podiatry
我不认为法证足病学
should be recognized as a separate specialty,
应该被认定为一个单独的专业类别
I was remiss in my article not to have noted
我在文章中很失职地没有提及
your remarkable skill
你出色的技能
and expertise.
和专业素养
You are exceptional, and I strongly doubt
你是杰出的 我怀疑
we would have solved this case without your help.
没你的帮忙 我们无法解决这案子
For that, I am very grateful...
对此 我深表感谢
...and pleased to have had the opportunity to work with you.
并且很高兴能有与您共事的机会
Dr. Filmore.
费摩尔博士
Oh, no, I'm so sorry. Sweets, what were you...?
天呐 抱歉 斯维斯 你怎么...
Well, no, I thought his arm would work.
不 我以为他的手臂能动了
Don't trouble yourself.
没事
I shouldn't have been...
我就不应该
I shouldn't have been in the way.
我就不应该挡道
I'm fine,
没事
I think.
我想我没事
It works.
它能动了
Look at that.
瞧啊
I'm glad that you apologized to the Canadian.
我很高兴你能对那加拿大人道歉
I'm proud of you, Bones.
骨头 我为你骄傲
I didn't apologize. I thought...
我没有道歉 我认为
The word "Apology" derives
"道歉"一词可以追溯到
from the Ancient Greek "Apologia"
古希腊语"辩解"
which means "a speech in defense."
意思是"辩解的演说"
When I defended what I said to him,
当我为我对他说的那些话辩解时
you told me that wasn't a real apology.
你告诉过我那不算是道歉
Why don't you think of a word that means you feel bad
你还是想一个新词吧 代表着
for making someone else feel bad?
你因造成别人痛苦而感到痛苦的词
Contrite. Ah!
悔悟 噢
From the Latin "contritus"
来源于拉丁语"悔悟"
meaning "crushed by a sense of sin."
意思是"被罪恶感压♥迫♥着"
There. That's it. "Contrite".
对 就是这个 悔悟
Okay, I'm happy that you contrited to the Canadian.
很高兴你能对那个加拿大人有悔意
Would you like to hear some more things
你还想听些别的
that I feel contrite about?
让我心生悔意的事情吗
There's more? Yes.
还有别的吗 有
I feel contrite that I think your socks are silly.
我对于认为你袜子傻气而感到懊悔
What? Also, I am contrite that
什么 我还我对于
I think you are foolhardy in the way
认为你喝咖啡那么鲁莽
you approach a cup of coffee.
而感到懊悔
How do I approach a cup of coffee?
我怎么鲁莽喝咖啡了
You drink it without checking the temperature,
你不试试咖啡温度就喝
and then you complain all day that your tongue is burned.
然后你却总是埋怨舌头被烫到
I feel contrite that I think that's stupid.
我对于认为那很蠢而感到懊悔
Let's recap, okay? Foolhardy and stupid?
总结下吧 鲁莽而愚蠢
There's more.
还有别的
Bones, you don't have to apologize for things that you think.
骨头 你不必为你认为的事情道歉
Oh. Believe me,
这样啊 相信我
if we had to be sorry for every single thought...
如果我们要为每个想法道歉的话...
Like what?
比如说
Oh, believe me, I'm not gonna fall down that path.
我才不会中招呢
You know, I might say something
我会说一些
I'm gonna regret later. No way.
让我后悔的事 不说
Regret... The word "regret" derives
后悔 "后悔"这个词
from the Old French "regretter..."
可以追溯到古法语"懊悔"
剧集 | 识骨寻踪(2005) | 导航列表