剧集 | 超感神探(2008) | 导航列表
That's a place that I have never been.
之前我从没去过那儿
And in a moment, I will turn around
一会儿 我会回过头
and look behind me-- and just for a few seconds--
看我身后的东西 只需要几秒钟
and I will memorize every animal on those tables in order.
我就能按顺序记住桌上的所有动物
And then I will show you how you can do the same.
然后我会教你们如何做到这一点
How do we know you didn't already memorize them?
谁知道你是不是已经背下来了
Ah. A skeptic. I should have known.
有个怀疑论者 我该想到的
And you're right.
不过你说得对
There's no reason for you to trust me.
你们没道理要相信我
Paul, would you mind rearranging the animals
保罗 你能不能把那些动物
any way you see fit?
按你认为合适的方式重新摆放
Sure.
没问题
Thank you.
谢谢
The human brain.
人类的大脑
Once you get it working right, it can be incredibly effective.
只要运用得当 就能异常高效
The mind can do some miraculous things.
我们的大脑能作出很多不可思议的事情
Uh, like... telling the future.
比如 预知未来
Which is what I'm doing right now.
正如我现在所做的一样
Bull.
吹牛
For that...
你要是这么说
You can be the one who holds the prediction.
就由你来拿着这个预言吧
Science is about prediction, isn't it?
科学就是预言 不是吗
Predictions based on hard data, not fortunetelling.
是以确实的数据为基础的预言 不是算命
Ahh. Well, you say "Tomato,"
表达不同而已
I say scientists believe in rational thought.
我认为科学家推崇理性思维
And grids and lists and classification,
表格 列表 分类
which is fine, but it's not how the world works,
这些都没问题 可世界不是这么运转的
and it's certainly not how the brain works.
当然大脑也并非如此运转的
You're saying people aren't rational?
你是说人是非理性的吗
Well, being rational is a tool,
保持理性只是一种手段
but it's not the only tool we have.
但并非我们掌握的唯一手段
Long before we stuffed our knowledge into graphs and charts,
早在我们把知识填进图表前
we used older and, in some cases,
我们就用上了很多古老的方式 有时候
more entertaining ways to remember things.
是更为有趣的方式来记事
How we doing there, Paul?
怎么样了 保罗
I think we're good. Excellent. Please, take a seat.
好了 太好了 请坐吧
Now, I'd like to show you what I'm talking about.
现在 我要让你们见识一下我的理论
Lisbon, uh, would you mind?
里斯本 劳驾
Thank you.
多谢
We can create a memory by building a palace in our minds.
我们可以在大脑中建造一座宫殿来帮助记忆
We can sing ourselves a song,
我们可以给自己唱首歌♥
or tell ourselves a little story.
或是讲个小故事
A story of a bully--
这是个恶霸的故事
a gray fox--
一只灰色的狐狸
and a little brave man--
和一个小个子勇士
a rat--
一只老鼠
that stood up for his chubby little buddy the toad
他为他胖乎乎的兄弟癞蛤♥蟆♥
and his friend egghead.
和他的朋友蛋头出头
The story of a man in a tuxedo
接着是个穿燕尾服的男人的故事
who snaked his way through a crowd
他在人群中钻来钻去
to meet a woman in a colorful dress.
只为去见一位身着华服的女人
Penguin, cobra, three squirrels, and a parrot.
企鹅 蟒蛇 三只松鼠 还有一只鹦鹉
The story of flight...
接着是个关于飞行的故事
An owl, a bat, a moth,
猫头鹰 蝙蝠 飞蛾
All...
全部...
Ah, I sense I made a mistake.
看来我说错了
No moth.
没有飞蛾
Well, perhaps my prediction will explain my error.
也许我的预言能解释我犯的错
Uh, Jeanette, could you read it out, please?
珍妮特 请读出来 好吗
"The moth is in Paul's pocket"?
飞蛾在保罗的口袋里
Wait, what?
等等 什么
The moth.
那只飞蛾
The moth you stole from the table
那只你重新摆放动物时
when you were rearranging the animals--
从桌上偷走的飞蛾
It's in your pocket.
在你口袋里面
I'm gonna need you to empty your pockets.
我需要你清空你的口袋
Come on.
快点
Let's have a look.
让我们看看
Paul, why did you take the moth?
保罗 你拿这只飞蛾做什么
That's a California Jade Moth.
那是只加利福尼亚绿玉蛾
So it is. The kind he discovered.
是的 这物种是他发现的
I thought the only other one was in the museum.
我以为唯一的一只收藏在博物馆里
Where did that come from? Wait a second.
那这只是从哪儿来的 等一下
You said all the animals
你说过所有的动物
came from Linda's office.
都是从琳达办公室拿来的
They did.
是从那儿拿的
Linda died before Paul discovered the moth.
保罗在琳达死后才发现了这种飞蛾
This moth couldn't have come from her... office.
这飞蛾不可能是从她办公室拿的
You'll get there.
你会想明白的
Unless... she discovered the moth first.
除非 是她先发现的这种飞蛾
Paul...
保罗
You didn't kill Linda.
不会是你杀了琳达吧
Yes, he did.
对 就是他
But, uh, I confess--
但是 我承认
that moth didn't come from Linda's office.
那只飞蛾不是我从琳达办公室拿的
I...
我
s--
偷
Well, I-I borrowed it from the museum...
我从博物馆借出来的
to prove a point.
为了证明我的观点
Paul.
保罗
I'd just had a paper rejected.
之前我的论文被退稿了
Peer review threw it back at me.
被同行评审打回了
Dr. Kidd was so disappointed.
基德博士非常失望
She never said anything.
她从没说过什么
She never had to.
她也不需要说
How did Linda come into it?
琳达的死跟这些事有什么关系
It was late night at the lab.
那天半夜在实验室里
Uh, she came in fresh from the forest, excited.
她刚刚从森林里回来 非常兴奋
Uh, she'd seen one of her woodpeckers eating a moth
她看到她的一只啄木鸟正在吃一只
that she couldn't identify.
她说不出种类的飞蛾
So she put down some bait and caught one.
所以她放了些诱饵并抓住了一只
We found the brown sugar in her office.
我们在她的办公室找到了红糖
Was that her bait?
就是她的诱饵吗
Yeah.
对
I knew what it was the moment I saw it.
当我看到它的一瞬间我就知道这它是什么
A new species.
一个新物种
I mean, that's articles,
它将带来新文章
that's museum exhibits,
博物馆展览
that's money for the program.
为项目带来资金
I saw myself naming the moth.
我看到未来由我自己命名这种飞蛾
I'd--I'd always wanted to name something.
我一直都想要给什么东西命名
My job was on the line.
我的工作岌岌可危
My future.
还有我的未来
I needed it...
我需要这只飞蛾
to survive.
来度过难关
I just lost myself completely.
我完全失去了理智
I came back to my senses,
当我回过神以后
I cleaned up,
把现场收拾干净
lots of ways to clean blood in our lab.
在我们实验室有很多种清理血迹的方法
And then, I gave Linda to the worms.
然后 我让蠕虫来处理琳达
Then I went out to the part of the forest
之后我去了琳达之前
where I knew she'd been
发现飞蛾的
discovered the moth.
那片树林
I came back and got my accolades.
然后回来将这一切据为己有
I saved my job.
我保住了我的工作
I got everything I wanted.
得到了一切我渴望的东西
Dr. Kidd.
基德博士
Sonia, please.
请叫我索尼亚
I wanted to thank you for catching Paul.
我想要感谢你抓住了保罗
Ah. There's no thanks necessary.
你不必客气
剧集 | 超感神探(2008) | 导航列表