剧集 | 丑闻(2011) | 导航列表
你会支持她的
and you will get on board.
这事就这么定了 塞勒斯
This is happening, Cyrus...
不管你喜不喜欢
Whether you like it or not.
晚上好
Good evening.
今晚我们请来了一位非常特殊的嘉宾
Tonight we welcome a very special guest,
白宫的现任幕僚长
the current white house chief of staff
我的挚友 塞勒斯·比尼先生
and my dear friend, Mr. Cyrus Beene.
感谢你的到来 塞勒斯
Thank you for coming, Cyrus.
谢谢你邀请我
Thanks for having me.
-让我们直入正题吧 -好的
- Let's just get to it. - Let's.
梅乐迪·格兰特 第一位
Melody Grant, the first first lady
决定竞选议员的第♥一♥夫♥人♥
who has decided to run for elected office
相应地 她回避了她的宣誓作为
and, in turn, eschew her sworn duty
总统的妻子和第♥一♥夫♥人♥的职责
to her husband and the country.
莎莉 我得打断你一下
Sally, let me stop you right there.
第♥一♥夫♥人♥不是什么职位 也没什么好回避的
The first lady has no sworn duties to eschew, as you say.
她从未宣誓过
She never took an oath.
第♥一♥夫♥人♥从没向她丈夫宣誓
Did the first lady never swear to her husband
不管是好是坏 是健康是疾病
to stand by him for better or for worse,
都与他同甘共苦 生死相依吗
in sickness and in health?
-她当然有 -好 那么...
- Of course she did. - Okay, then.
我们把这叫做誓言 不是吗
We call that an oath, a sworn duty, do we not?
我们把这叫做结婚誓词
We call that a vow, a marriage vow.
如果要得到这份工作
By seeking this job,
竞选议员需要很多和誓言不相关的工作
this unnecessary business of running for senate,
第♥一♥夫♥人♥这是在违背自己的誓言
the first lady is renouncing that very oath.
作为议员 格兰特夫人
As senator, Mrs. Grant
能够陪伴她的丈夫的时间会减少很多
will spend remarkably less time with her husband,
总统先生 毫无疑问
the president, a man who, no doubt,
在管理他的国家的时候
needs the loving support of his wife
需要来自他的妻子的全方位的支持
while serving and running his nation.
塞勒斯 作为第♥一♥夫♥人♥
Because being first lady, Cyrus,
是一项爱国的行为
is an act of patriotism.
这是长久以来的传统
It is a long-standing tradition.
正是 这是传统 而不是法律
Exactly -- a tradition, not a law of the land.
没有人可以告诉任何一个女性
No one should be able to tell any woman
她不能担任某个职位 莎莉
she cannot hold a job, Sally.
这是性别歧视最纯粹和最丑陋的表现形式
It's sexism of the purist and ugliest form.
但是格兰特夫人已经有一份工作了
But Mrs. Grant has a job.
做母亲是这个世界上最艰难的工作 她
Being a mother is the hardest job in the world, and she --
我知道人们喜欢这样说 我明白
You know... I know people love to say that. I do.
他们是善意的 但当妈并不是一份工作
And it's well-meaning, but being a mother isn't a job.
母亲只是她们的身份
Being a mother is who someone is.
这不是一份工作 工作可以辞职
It's not a job. You can quit a job.
就像你一样 可以辞去自己的职务
You can resign, as you did
就像你决定辞职不做副总统一样
when you decided to quit being vice president.
但你永远是一个母亲
But you are a mother forever.
做母亲的难度超乎想象
Being a mother is incredibly difficult.
我们不该称之为工作 这太贬低它了
Let's not diminish it by calling it a job.
如果你能让我说完 塞勒斯
If you would let me finish my sentence, Cyrus,
你就会听到我说
you would have heard me say
格兰特夫人是我们的国♥母♥
that Mrs. Grant is the mother of our country.
所以 她真正的工作是做第♥一♥夫♥人♥
And as such, her true job is being first lady.
这也不能称为工作
Still, not a job.
人们工作能得到报酬 对吧 莎莉
People get paid for jobs. Don't they, Sally?
第♥一♥夫♥人♥享受很多额外待遇
The first lady gets any number of perks --
服装津贴
a clothing allowance.
这是个谣言
That's a myth.
第♥一♥夫♥人♥花自己的钱买♥♥衣服
First ladies pay for their own clothes.
私人御厨呢
A private chef?
我亲口尝过炸鸡
Now, I've tasted that fried chicken myself,
质量我可以担♥保♥
and I can personally vouch for its value.
你的意思是说
So, you're saying that women
女人工作应该得到炸鸡作为报酬
should get paid in fried chicken now?
你主持这个节目得到的报酬是炸鸡吗
Are you being paid in fried chicken to host this show?
你真会开玩笑 塞勒斯·比尼
You tease, Cyrus Beene.
听着 现在有更严重的问题
Look, there are larger issues at play here.
如果格兰特夫人被选举进入参议院
If Mrs. Grant gets elected to the Senate,
她会拥有一些不当的特权
she would enjoy improper privilege
过度地对她的丈夫
and wield undue influence on her husband,
我们的美国总统施加影响
the president of the united states.
这是损害公众利益的
It's a conflict of interest.
不管格兰特夫人
Mrs. Grant's relationship with the president
是否当上议员
would remain exactly the same,
她和总统的关系都不会改变
whether she's a senator or not,
没有特权 没有干涉
no privilege, no influence.
你似乎有怨言
You seem bitter.
是吗
Do I?
是的 你是
Yes. You do.
我为什么
Why would I --
因为你知道你比
Because you know that you would make
格兰特夫人更适合做参议院候选人
a better senate candidate than Mrs. Grant.
-我说过这种话吗 -你说了
- Did I say that? - You did --
用你的眼神说的
with your eyes.
眼睛是你心灵的窗口 塞勒斯
Oh, they are windows into your soul right now, Cyrus.
丹尼斯 镜头拉近
Dennis, zoom in
比尼先生的眼睛 好吗
on Mr. Beene's eyes, would you?
你在做什么
What are you doing?
我希望观众们能看到
I want my audience to see this.
你的眼睛告诉我们
Your eyes are telling us
你相信你才应该是那个
that you believe it should be you out there
赢得弗吉尼亚州选民支持的人
pandering to the good people of Virginia.
我得说 我也同意 塞勒斯
And I have to say, I don't disagree, Cyrus.
你才是那个拥有竞选议员的
It's you who possesses the political chops
政♥治♥才能的人 而不是梅莉·格兰特
for a senate run, not Mellie Grant.
我说的对吗
Am I right?
恐怕你说得不对 萨莉
I'm afraid you're wrong, Sally.
格兰特夫人才是最合适的人选
Mrs. Grant is the best person for this job.
但哪怕只有一会儿
But if you'd just, for one moment,
如果你能不用观众对女性的歧视做挡箭牌
stop cowering behind the misogyny of your viewers
而是大方地承认
and admit that today,
在如今的21世纪
in 21st century,
第♥一♥夫♥人♥不应该只能
a first lady should be allowed to do more
打理白宫的后花♥园♥
than tend to the white house garden
或是每天早晨穿着全美最时尚的服装
or wear the latest American designer
送她的丈夫去工作
while sending her husband off to work each morning,
你就会真诚地歌♥颂第♥一♥夫♥人♥的勇气
you'd be able to celebrate the first lady's courage,
赞扬她的决心 并且崇敬她的能力
praise her determination, and revere her strength.
如果换成一个男人的话
If this were a man we were talking about,
如果这是一位第一先生
if this were the first gentleman,
我们一定会这么做
that's exactly what we would be doing.
告诉我 萨莉 如果你当选了总统
I mean, tell me, Sally, if you'd been elected president,
你会阻止丹尼尔·道格拉斯
would you have stopped Daniel Douglas,
愿他安息 阻止他出去工作吗
rest his soul, from working outside the home?
能请你来作客实在太好了
It has been wonderful having you here.
我万分荣幸
The pleasure is all mine.
奥利维亚 你来了
Olivia, you came.
-发生什么了 -这人是谁
- What happened? - Who's this guy?
告诉我你发生什么事了
Tell me what happened to you.
我在走回公♥寓♥的路上
Uh, I was walking to my apartment
被两个男人堵住了
and two guys cornered me.
开始我以为他们要抢劫
I thought they were gonna rob me at first,
但他们只是抓住了我
but they just grabbed me.
我挣脱了 开始逃跑
Somehow I got free, started running.
我听见了一声枪响
I heard a gunshot.
再醒来时 我就在救护车里了
Next thing, I woke up in an ambulance.
你的手♥机♥在哪
Where's your phone?
我不知道 在裤子口袋里吧
I don't know. My pants?
别动
Hey! Hold still.
我们走吧
Let's move.
剧集 | 丑闻(2011) | 导航列表