剧集 | 丑闻(2011) | 导航列表
Mr. Speaker, the president of the United States!
我们缅怀每一位为国家付出生命的公民
We honor the lives we've lost in service to this great nation.
但是不是所有人的死亡都是一种牺牲
But not every death is a sacrifice.
不是所有的死亡都富有意义
Not every death has meaning.
问问丽萨·艾略特
Just ask Lisa Elliot,
她抱起一个名叫乔里·布兰德的一年级孩子
who scooped up a first grader named Joelle Brandt
把她带到了安全的地方
and carried her to safety,
却只能看着她
only to watch her die
成为红鹰小学枪击案中
from one of the 102 rounds unloaded
102发子弹之一的牺牲者
at Red Hawk Elementary.
我本来没打算在今晚把这件事说出来
I wasn't planning on talking about this tonight.
还可以
It's fine.
我了解你
I know you.
"还可以"就是不行的意思
"It's fine" never means it's fine.
好吧
Okay.
这里不好
This isn't right.
不好吗
It's not?
不好
It's not.
这不是
It's not, um --
这不是我提词器上的演讲稿
it's not the speech on my teleprompter.
那告诉我该怎么办
So tell me how to fix it.
我可以告诉你们
And I can tell you that right about now
现在所有的工作人员都紧张得快要心脏病发
there are any number of staffers having heart attacks,
在想我接下来会说出什么
wondering what I'm about to say.
如果把焦点集中到菲茨和梅莉·格兰特夫妇上
No one is going to care about James and Lisa Elliot,
就没有人在意詹姆斯和丽萨·艾略特了
if they're too busy wondering about Fitz and Mellie Grant.
她仍然很悲伤
She's still grieving.
全世界都知道她很悲伤
The world knows she's still grieving.
所以就实话实说
So be honest.
但事实是
But here's the truth.
我的家人和我
My family and I
正在经历一件无以言表的伤心事
have been through something unspeakable.
没有哪一位父母
Something that no parent...
哪一个人应该承受这样的事
no human being should ever have to experience.
但是我们都在
And we are, all of us,
通过我们觉得最好方式来适应这件事
dealing with our loss in the best ways we know how...
我 我们的女儿凯伦
Me... our daughter, Karen...
我们的小儿子泰迪
our little son, Teddy...
还有我坚强美丽的妻子 梅莉
and my lovely, amazingly strong wife, Mellie,
她今晚出席此次演讲以表达对国家的支持
who is here to support our nation tonight.
我本来打算穿蓝色的裙子
I was gonna wear blue,
但是我听说艾略特夫人今晚穿蓝色的裙子
but I heard the Elliots are wearing blue,
所以我选择了红色的这条
so I decided to go with red.
我儿子杰瑞的死
My son Jerry's death...
是一个可怕的意外
was a horrible fluke.
但那只是一个意外
But it was just that... a fluke.
一个事故
An accident.
一个我们还没有能力
A bacterial strain that we do not yet have the capacity
使我们亲人免于死亡的菌株夺取了他的生命
to keep our loved ones safe from.
但是去年有上千人死于
But there were thousands of people last year
完全可以避免的事件
who lost their lives in a completely avoidable way.
携带武器的权力被铁板钉钉地
The right to bear arms...
写在开国元勋们制定的宪法里
set in stone in the constitution by our founding fathers.
但别忘了 宪法里的还写着奴隶制
So was slavery, by the way.
有权利携带武器 看起来毫无争议
The right to bear arms... seems indisputable...
直到枪击犯的出现
until the shooter comes,
直到你成为下一个丽萨·艾略特
until you're Lisa Elliot,
浑身是血
covered in blood,
看着一个小女孩咽下最后一口气
watching a little girl take her last breath,
看着她的双眼逐渐失去光彩
watching the light go out of her eyes.
格兰特总统国情咨文演讲
只有这时
And that...
所有的争议才会结束
that is where the argument ends.
所有的争论才会结束
That is when the debate is over.
我的儿子
My son...
我的儿子死了
my son is dead.
但今晚我要问问在座的各位
And I ask you here tonight,
不管这些提词器 这次演讲 我什么都不是
without a teleprompter, without a speech, without anything
只是一名丈夫 一名父亲
but my love as a husband and a father...
一位美国公民
and an American.
我要问问 我们还要放任多少孩子死去
How many other people's children are we going to let die
我们才会去阻止这一切
before we put a stop to this?
您没事吧 夫人
Are you all right, ma'am?
我没事
I'm fine.
夫人
Ma'am?
不用管我
Leave me be.
不用管我
Just leave me be!
梅莉
Mel?
梅莉
Mellie?
出去
Get out of here.
对不起
I'm sorry.
真的对不起
I'm so sorry.
姓名
哈里森·莱特
尸体地点
尤马城
用餐账单
这是什么
What's this?
94年的杜贝莱酒
It's the '94 Du Bellay,
我们从岛上带过来的最后一瓶了
the last bottle from the island.
你大老远过来就是为了给我送瓶酒吗
You came over here to give me a bottle of wine?
我本来想穿上比基尼
I thought about wearing a bikini,
再带个椰子或者菠萝一起
I thought about bringing a coconut or a pineapple
或者是带上那种装满沙子的小瓶子
or one of those cheesy little bottles full of sand.
-但是我们不在岛上了 -是
- But we're not on the island. - No.
我们也不再站在阳光下
And we're not standing in the sun.
对
No.
-我不是来找你约炮的 -好吧
- This is not a booty call. - Okay.
如果我想召唤你 我就会召唤你的
And if I want to summon you, I will summon you.
-奥利维亚 -过来上我
- Olivia. - Come here to me.
♪MacArther's park is melting in the dark♪
♪All the sweet, green icing flowing down♪
♪Someone left the cake out in the rain♪
♪I don't think that I can take it♪
♪'cause it took so long to bake it♪
♪And I'll never have that recipe again♪
♪Oh, no-o-o-o♪
-你没事吧 -没事
- Are you okay? - Yeah.
我只是太久
I just haven't done this
没有做这个了
in r-really long time.
一切皆有可能
You'd never know it.
我得承认 其实我从未真正做过这种事
And I have to admit I have never actually done this.
不 我是说 我们要做的事我是做过的
No, I mean, I've done this -- what we're about to do.
我只是从未在一个...
I have just never done that thing where --
你懂的
Oh, you know.
前一刻你还坐在酒吧里
One second you're sitting in a bar,
然后就在酒店的房♥间里赤身裸体了
and the next second, you're getting naked in a hotel room.
你做过吗
Have you?
虽然根本不关我的事
Not that it's any of my business.
这个嘛...
Well...
我做过
Yeah.
其实 我就是做这个的
It's, uh... it's kind of what I do.
天哪
Oh, my God.
你是个...
Y-y-you're a, uh...
应该叫"性工作者"
"Sex worker" I think is the, uh,
这样叫比较得体
politically correct term nowadays.
我工作时名字叫迈克尔
And while we're at it, my name is Michael.
好吧...
Right. Well...
迈克尔
Michael.
我开始不知道你是干这个的
I did not know that.
很抱歉浪费了你的时间
I'm so sorry to have wasted your time.
现在我不能在这里
Uh, I can't be here right now.
我不能留下 所以...
I can't stay, so...
你...
You...
你不想吗
you don't want to?
我...
I...
不是那样的
It's not that...at all.
剧集 | 丑闻(2011) | 导航列表