剧集 | 丑闻(2011) | 导航列表
The mayor's wife is not missing. She's dead.
他杀了她
He killed her.
-等等 -他杀了她
- Just a minute! - He killed her
因为我和她有染
because I was having an affair with her.
对不起
I'm sorry.
我是罪人
I am a sinner.
但他是凶手 这就是真♥相♥
But he is a murderer. That is the truth.
-而这一切... -市长先生
- And this... - Mr. Mayor.
都是谎言
This is a lie.
时间已经过去一天 我们仍不知道
It's been 24 hours and we still don't know
参议院将对布兰登法案
which way the senate's going to go
作何选择 因为副总统苏珊·罗斯
on the Brandon bill because the final vote
布兰登法案因副总统悬而未决
至今尚未投出最后一票
is being held up by vice president Susan Ross.
苏珊
Susan.
总统先生
Mr. President.
时间到了
Your time's up.
但先生 我还有一个问题
But, sir, I have one more question.
没有时间了 不要再问了
No more time. No more questions.
因为你 法案迟迟未定
You have managed to stall this bill
你还将所有人赶出这间屋子
and run everybody out of this room,
但我不走
but you're not gonna run me out.
你是副总统 苏珊
You are the vice president, Susan.
我知道 先生
I know that, sir.
你什么都不知道
You don't know anything.
你初来乍到
You just got here.
你对华盛顿的政♥治♥世界一无所知
You are a fetus in the world of Washington politics.
你根本不知道将这样一个法案
You can't possibly understand what it takes
送至国会通过要花多大精力
to push a bill like this through congress.
还有无休无止的讨论
The endless debate.
多方的协调 不为人知的交易
The compromises. The back-room dealings.
我不能允许你打乱事情的节奏
And I will not allow you to de-rail it.
我不能允许你再浪费一秒钟
I will not allow you to waste one more second.
我们现在就需要法案
We need this bill now.
为了这个国家的警风走上正途
To elevate the standard of police conduct in this country,
为了布兰登·帕克的悲剧
and to make sure that what happened to Brandon Parker
不再重演
never happens to anyone ever again.
你有意见吗 苏珊
Do you have a problem with that, Susan?
-当然不 先生 -很好
- No, sir, I don't, but -- - Good.
那就去国会山 投出你应该投出的一票
Then get up to the Hill and vote the way you're supposed to.
我明白了 先生
I understand, sir.
很好
Good.
我明白自己是什么角色定位
I understand what my role is supposed to be.
但当时你请我接受这个职位的时候
But I was clear with you on the person you were getting
我就表明了自己的态度
when you asked me to take this job.
我来不是为了平步青云
I am not here to advance my own agenda.
我没有觊觎入主白宫
I am not here staring into the Oval Office
幻想自己有天能坐上你的位置
imagining myself with my feet up on your desk.
我也不是来做你的忠犬的
And I am not here to be your lap dog.
我在这里唯一的原因就是帮你做出真正的改变
The only reason I am here is to help you make real change.
但这个法案 不是为了改变
But this bill, it's not about real change.
你读过吗
Have you read it?
我知道妥协的重要性
Because I understand the importance of compromise,
但这个法案只关乎权力的妥协
but that's all this bill is.
无数的小妥协
Thousands of tiny compromises
让它变得毫无意义
that have rendered it entirely useless.
毫无强制性
Unenforceable.
我没有浪费你的时间
I'm not the one wasting your time here.
这个法案才在浪费你的时间
This bill is wasting your time.
这个法案在浪费全美国的时间
This bill is wasting America's time.
所以保留宪法第十五条修正案
So, we keep the Reese Amendment.
-只留第二和第四段 -第六段呢
- Just sections two and four. - What about six?
增加关口点和搜查点
Increasing the stop and search threshold?
什么情况
What's going on here?
-通不过的 -他们哪会读这么多
- We'll never get it through. - They'll never read this far.
什么情况 有进展吗
What is going on here? Are we making progress?
能投票了吗 苏珊
Are we ready to vote, Susan?
-法案推后了 塞 -什么
- We're pulling the bill, Cy. - What?
苏珊是对的 1200页的垃圾
Susan was right. It's 1,200 pages of nothing.
我们在完善它 比尼先生
We're making it better, Mr. Beene.
这一次要做好
We're gonna get it right this time.
你会被媒体骂死的
You're gonna get killed in the press,
这就是你的下场
is what you're gonna get.
那我们就给他们点别的料
Not if we give them something else to write about.
谢谢大家 谢谢总统先生
Thank you! Thank you, Mr. President!
谢谢伟大的弗吉尼亚人♥民♥
And thank you, people of the great State of Virginia!
第♥一♥夫♥人♥突然宣布参加议员竞选
今天我诚恳地站在你们面前
It is with great humility that I stand before you,
希望你们能选我代表弗吉尼亚
asking to represent you in the senate today.
从詹姆斯·门罗[第五任总统]到苏珊·罗丝
From James Monroe to Susan Ross,
弗吉尼亚孕育了这个国家最优秀的领袖
Virginia has put forth some of our nation's finest leaders.
南北战争有一半的战役发生在这里...
Half the battles of the Civil War were fought
怎么样了
How'd it go?
还行 和你想的一样
Fine. It's what you'd expect.
你把一切都告诉他们了
You told them everything?
对 外遇 谋杀 躲在衣柜
Yeah, the affair, the murder, the hiding in the closet.
所有的一切
All of it.
最艰难的已经过去了
Well, the hard part is over.
你很勇敢
What you did took courage.
你应该为自己骄傲
You should be proud of that.
我在工作中帮助过很多人
I helped a lot of people through my work.
即使当上市长 也未必能有之前多
Would've helped even more as mayor.
我爱我的工作 我生而为工作
I love my work. I am my work.
可不到30秒 这一切
In 30 seconds, all that gets overshadowed
就会被小报八卦所湮灭
by a tabloid story.
从此我再无从政的可能了
And I become political poison forever.
我完了
I am done.
你做的是对的
You did the right thing.
是啊 没错 对娜塔莉来说是的
Yeah, sure. For Natalie.
对我良心而言也是 我也是不得已而为之
For my conscience. I guess I had to.
不过不能后悔 对吧
And, hey, no regrets, right?
我得告诉别人我做了正确的事
I mean, I get to tell people I did the right thing.
这很重要对吧
That's something.
不仅重要
That's more than something.
是事关重大
That's everything.
最终救你的就是这个
That's what saves you in the end.
你要是做错 那就真完蛋了
You do the wrong thing, then you're done.
虽然开始没事
Not at first.
开始你只会觉得是不小心 是一次妥协
It only feels like a misstep at first, a compromise,
一次对现实的让步 虽错 但你做得好
a concession to reality, a bad move well-played.
但从某种程度上说 你以后只会沿那个方向走
But at some point, you're only going in that direction.
等你意识到自己在那条路上走了多远
By the time you realize how far down that path you are,
就已经迷失了
you're lost.
一切都面目全非
Everything is unrecognizable.
你自己都不认识自己
You are unrecognizable to yourself.
你发现自己会做一些从没想过的事
You find yourself doing things you never thought you'd do
用一些你从没想过的方式
in ways you never thought you'd do them
去挽救一些自己都不确定
to save things you're not even sure
是否要挽救的东西 但你控制不了自己
you want to save, but you can't help it.
那时候你就完蛋了
That's when you're done.
可你没有完蛋
You are not done.
你做了正确的事
You did the right thing here.
我知道会痛苦
I know it hurt.
我知道你现在做会痛苦
I know it hurt to do it now.
但是
But...
此时不做更待何时
You know, "The time is always right to do right."
沃克先生 沃克先生
Mr. Walker! Mr. Walker!
你决定接我的案子了吗
So, have you decided to take my case?
现在我是你的客户了吗
Am I one of your clients now?
你说得对
You're right.
你确实了解我
You do know me.
所有可能的后果我都考虑了
剧集 | 丑闻(2011) | 导航列表