剧集 | 丑闻(2011) | 导航列表
肯尼迪在♥十♥月♥花了十三天的时间
Kennedy spent 13 days in October
来考虑是否要发动核战争
deciding whether to go to nuclear war.
那才是她所申请的工作
That's the gig she's applying for!
也许她并不是这个职位的合适人选
Maybe she's not the right person for the job.
或许不适合的人是你
Or maybe you're not.
你被解雇了
You're fired.
里奥
Leo.
你不是吧
Oh, come on.
我本可以让她赢的 苏珊·罗丝
I would have won this. Susan Ross.
我本可以带着她走到终点的
I would have gotten her over the finish line.
而事实却是你根本不相信...
And the fact that you can't trust that...
-她去年做了臀部手术 -你说什么
- She got that new hip last year. - I'm sorry?
露易丝 她去年做了臀部手术
Lois -- she got that new hip last year.
好吧 听我说
Right. Okay, listen.
我们目前还没什么进展
We haven't found any leads yet,
但我团队的人在竭尽所能去寻找她
but my team is working as hard as they can.
不 我觉得这个可以帮上忙
No, I'm saying this might help.
她手术的时候我在场
I was there for the surgery.
当医生给我们看那个新的钛关节时
And when they showed us the new titanium joint,
上面有一串序列号♥
it had a serial number on it.
是不是可以通过号♥码寻找她的踪迹
Couldn't they use that to track her down somehow?
我把相关文件带来了
I've got the paperwork right here.
-我最近还在想另一件事 -露丝
- And another thing I was thinking. - Rose.
露易丝喜欢看电影
Lois likes to go to the movies.
她每个周三都会去布莱顿的电影院
She went to the movie over on Brighton
看半价场的电影
every Wednesday for half-price matinee.
试着在那打听下吧
Try asking there.
而在我周六去读书会的时候
And on Saturdays when I go to book club,
她会在波托马克河边看划船
she watches the rowers on the Potomac.
罗丝
Rose.
我知道现在是怎么回事 波普小姐
I know what we're dealing with here, Miss Pope.
我知道她不是迷路了
I know she didn't just get lost.
我知道她死了
I know she's gone.
我能感觉得到
I can feel it.
但我还是需要知道真♥相♥
But I still need to know what happened.
你有她家的钥匙
You have a key to her apartment.
是她的委托人
You're her power of attorney.
你们两个一辈子的
The two of you had a routine,
生活轨迹都一样
an entire life together.
但你们只是...朋友吗
But you were just... friends.
或许不只是朋友
Well, maybe a bit more than that.
但你们没住一起
But you didn't live together.
我们十六岁认识的
We met at 16.
当她父母明白我们俩的感觉之后
When her parents realized how we felt about each other,
收拾东西 搬去了别的州
they picked up and moved her out of state.
我不怪他们 那是六十年前
I couldn't blame them. That was 60 years ago.
黑人已经很艰难了 更别说还是同性恋
It was hard enough being black, let alone black and gay.
我明白
I can only imagine.
但我一直爱着她
But I never stopped loving her,
即使是她结婚以后
even when she got married
过上了与我无关的全新生活
and had a whole nother life without me.
当约翰去世 她写了封信给我
When John died, she wrote me a letter.
我收到后立马飞去找她
I was on a plane an hour later.
但没有
But no.
我没有搬进去
No, I never moved in.
她总是把房♥间弄得太热了
She kept that damn place way too hot.
我会尽一切力量帮您找回她的
I'm going to do my very best to bring her back to you.
但是 罗丝 如果我没成功
But, Rose, if somehow I can't,
我不希望你一直等下去
I don't want you to be waiting forever.
我等了我的露易丝40年了 波普小姐
I waited over 40 years for my Lois, Miss Pope.
相信我 我还能等等
Believe me -- I can wait a bit longer.
我吃沙拉
I'm eating a salad.
我给你带了沙拉
I brought you a salad.
不过里面有培根 所以你不能生气
But it has bacon on it, so you can't be mad.
你来干什么 大中午的
What are you doing here? It's the middle of the day.
苏珊·罗丝不干了
Susan Ross quit.
我不为白宫效力了
I am not working for the White House.
苏珊·罗丝不干了 我开除了里奥
Susan Ross quit, and I fired Leo,
我觉得也意味着我和他分手了
which I think means I also broke up with him.
参议院委员听证会三小时后就要开始了
The Senate Committee Hearing's in three hours,
如果我们不把苏珊·罗丝劝回头
and if we don't bring Susan Ross back on board --
我不为白宫效力了
I am not working for the White House.
如果我们不把苏珊·罗丝劝回头
If we don't get Susan Ross back on board,
如果她今天不出现
if she doesn't show up today
去参加听证会
for the Senate Committee Meeting,
-她的政♥治♥生涯就完了 丽芙 -艾比
- her career is over, Liv. - Abby.
你知道那有多可惜吗
Do you know what a waste that would be?
苏珊聪明 善良
Susan's smart and good.
真的善良 很正义
Actually good -- white-hat good.
她聪明 善良 虽然还有点神神叨叨
She's smart and she's good and she's...weird,
不过人还是好的
but it's kind of a good weird.
我们只要让委员会也看到
We just have to show the committee that,
想成功的话 我们需要你
and to do that, we need you.
你都不用踏进白宫的 我保证
You won't even have to set foot in the White House. I promise.
这也不是为了他 你这么做不是为了他
And it's not for him. You're not doing this for him.
是为了我 为了苏珊·罗丝 为了你
You're doing it for me and for Susan Ross and for you.
虽然我不在事务所干了
Just because I don't work at O.P.A.
但我们也没绝交啊
doesn't mean we don't talk.
哈克说你在家随身带着枪
Huck says you carry a gun around inside your apartment.
杰克和奎恩都难得见你一面
Jake and Quinn have barely seen you.
你不回我电♥话♥
You don't return my phone calls.
你遇到了不好的事
Something terrible happened to you.
坏人♥大♥获全胜
The bad guys have been winning like crazy.
你该经历点好事了
You could use something good right now.
是啊
Yeah.
我不想最后变得像里奥·伯根那样
I don't want to end up a soulless monster
好像一只无情的怪物
like that Leo Bergen.
我主意已定
You can't change my mind.
你想退出 随便你
You want to bow out, bow out.
但得是因为你真的相信
But do it because you truly believe
自己不是这位置最合适的人选
you're not the right person for this job,
而非你怕自己做不好
not because you're afraid of failing at it.
-谁说我... -怕没关系
- Well, who says I'm -- - It's okay to be afraid.
有时候 恐惧能保我们平安
Sometimes, fear keeps us safe.
有时候 却是累赘
Sometimes, it holds us back.
总统请你襄助
The President asked you to serve,
你答应了
and you said yes.
所以在你拒绝这个
So before you turn your back on a job
全国史上只有四十七人干过的工作前
that only 47 people have had in the history of this nation,
我要知道你为什么一开始会答应
I need to hear why you said yes in the first place.
我有个十岁的女儿 她叫卡西
I have a 10-year-old daughter. Her name is Casey.
我想让她 以及这个国家的所有孩子
I want her and every other child in this country
在一个允许他们
to grow up in a nation
实现自己梦想的国度成长
that will allow them to fulfill their dreams
正如我现在一样
just like I'm doing right now.
这番话真的很鼓舞人心 罗丝议员
Well, that's very inspiring, Senator Ross.
但事实是 如果提名成功
But the truth is, if confirmed,
你就是一人之下万人之上了
you will be one horrible tragedy away from the presidency.
你缺少政♥治♥经验 我怎么知道
With your lack of experience, how do I know
你是否准备好保护我们
that you're prepared to protect us
抵御俄♥罗♥斯♥和朝鲜呢
against Russia or the North Koreans?
很简单
Simple.
你不知道
You don't.
你可以在做这份工作同时保持正直
You can do this job and keep your integrity.
只要诚实 做你自己
Just be honest. Be yourself.
因为底线就是 这个国家需要你
Because bottom line here -- this country, it needs you.
你不知道 这是事实
You don't know. That's the truth.
这不像是选择战术策略
It's not like selecting a combat strategy
或者决定是否发射核武器那样
or deciding whether or not to launch a nuclear weapon
可以反复实践
is something anyone can practice.
剧集 | 丑闻(2011) | 导航列表