A glee club is about a myriad of voices
合唱团的精髓就在于
coming together as one.
合力一心的声线交集
All right?
明白吗
This ends now.
但现在却没了
Which is why your assignment for the week
所以你们本周的作业
is for each of you to come up with a song
就是找到一首
that best represents how you see yourself...
最能表现你内心的歌♥曲...
where you are in your lives right now.
你现在的生活状况
Your voice.
以及你的声音
Then...
然后...
you're going to stand up here and sing your hearts out.
站在这里 唱出心声
All of you.
你们都要唱
Solos?
独唱吗
In front of everyone?
在大家面前
The Glee Club has lost its voice.
欢乐合唱团已经失声了
It's time for us to get it back.
我们要把它找回来
I am going to kill this assignment.
这次作业我一定会一鸣惊人的
If there's one thing that I know, it's my voice.
我再了解我的声音不过了
I have exactly the same vocal range
我跟16世纪阉人歌♥手奥兰多·迪·拉索的
as 16th century castrato Orlando di Lasso.
音域一模一样
But you know what he didn't have?
你知道他还缺什么吗
A song by Ms. Whitney Houston in his back pocket.
他裤兜里应该放上惠特尼·休斯顿的歌♥
Hey, Kurt!
嘿 科特
Dad? What are you doing here?
老爸 你在这做什么
Is everything okay?
一切还好吗
Oh, I'm here to pick up Finn.
我来接芬恩的
I got a pair of tickets to the Reds game,
我有两张红袜队比赛的入场券
and Carole said that Finn's never been a major league game.
卡罗说芬恩从没看过大联盟赛
I mean, it's Cincinnati,
是在辛辛那提州的比赛
so it's barely the major leagues, but still.
可能不是什么大联赛 但也算是
And why wasn't I invited?
怎么不邀我去
Are you kidding me?
你在开玩笑吗
Every time I sit down to watch a game,
每次我坐着看比赛
you start in on the fact
你就非要说
that all the players are wearing stirrup pants.
他们穿着脚踏裤
Because there's never an excuse for stirrup pants!
但是他们确实没理由穿脚踏裤啊
Okay, I'm ready.
好了 我准备好了
All right, I'll meet you by the car. Okay.
好的 车上见 好
This is gonna be so great.
肯定很棒
It's gonna be great for Finn.
芬恩肯定很高兴
It means a lot to his mom, too.
他妈妈肯定也会很开心的
Hey, I'll see you at home. I'll be home around midnight.
嘿 家里见 我大概午夜到家
Girl, you got more curves than a Nissan ad.
美女 你比尼桑汽车更有曲线
Seriously?
真的吗
That's what you came up with?
你想半天就只能说出这种水平的话吗
All right, guys.
好了 伙计们
Let's get things started.
我们开始吧
As I was first on the sign-up sheet,
我是第一个签到的
I'll kick things off. Okay.
我先开始吧 好的
I have chosen Miley Cyrus' "The Climb,"
我选了麦莉·赛勒斯的《攀登》
because it's about overcoming obstacles and beating the odds.
这是关于战胜困难勇往直前的歌♥曲
In my case, the obstacle is you...
对我来说 我的困难就是你们...
my lackluster teammates
我平凡的队员们
who refuse to carry their own weight.
你们不愿意尽心尽力
**I can almost see it
我几乎可以看见
**That dream I'm dreaming
我向往的梦
**But there's a voice inside my head saying
但脑中声音盘旋
**"You'll never reach it"
美梦不会成真
**Every step I'm taking
我走的每一步
**Every move I make feels lost with no direction
每一个决定都迷失方向
**My faith is shaking
我的信念在动摇
**But I gotta keep trying
但我会继续前进
**Gotta keep my head held high...
仰首高昂
Rachel...
蕾切尔
I think you've lost your voice.
我想你失声了
Hey, Ladyface.
嘿 伪娘
I noticed you weren't at Cheerios! Practice yesterday,
我发现你昨天没有去拉拉队排练
and I don't look kindly on absenteeism.
我对无故缺席可不心慈手软
I'm so sorry, Ms. Sylvester.
我很抱歉 西尔威斯特女士
It won't happen again.
以后再也不会了
Something happened yesterday that really upset me.
昨天有些事情 我很心烦
It's my dad.
是我老爸
He's the most important thing in the world to me.
对我来说 他是世界上最重要的人
I love him.
我爱他
And I'm afraid that I might be losing him
我恐怕要失去他了
because of... my... sexuality.
因为... 我的性向问题
Your sexuality.
你的性向
How old are you, 16?
你多大 16岁吗
Have you even kissed a boy? No.
你吻过男孩吗 没
Have you ever kissed a girl? No.
你吻过女孩吗 没
Well, then how can you possibly know what you like?
那你怎么知道你喜欢什么
You see, that's the problem with your generation.
这是你们这一代的通病
You're obsessed with labels.
你们喜欢给自己贴标签
So you like show tunes!
你喜欢舞台剧
Doesn't mean you're gay.
并不代表你就是同性恋
It just means you're awful.
只能说你很糟糕
You know, there's only one person in this world
这世上只有一个人能
who can tell you what you are.
告诉你你是谁
Me.
我
No. Me. Sue Sylvester.
不 是我 苏·西尔威斯特
And she hasn't quite made up her mind about you.
她还没想好怎么评价你
Wait... I have an idea.
等等... 我有个主意
Our assignment for Glee Club is to find a song
欢乐合唱团的作业是找首
that reflects our voice...
能展现你声音的歌♥曲...
Yeah, you know what?
知道吗
I checked out of this conversation about a minute back.
我们的谈话1分钟前就该结束了
So, uh, good luck with your troubles,
祝你顺利解决你的问题
and I'm gonna make a habit not to stop and talk to students,
从今起我要养成不再驻足和学生谈话的习惯
'cause this has been a colossal waste of my time.
因为这简直就是浪费我的大好光阴
Hey, Kurt...
科特 人呢...
you want to speak me?
你有话要和我说吗
Hey, Dad, yeah... I was just, uh,
这里 老爸...我在这
working on my Glee Club assignment,
准备欢乐合唱队的作业
"Pink Houses" By John Mellencamp.
约翰·梅伦坎普的"粉红屋子"[美国60年代著名蓝领摇滚歌♥手]
Oh, really?
哦 真的吗
I didn't think that was in your wheelhouse.
我觉得这不像你的风格
Yeah, I think it's really brave for a Midwesterner like himself
的确 像他自己这样来自中西部的人
to, uh, write a song about such bold interior design.
能写出首反应内心世界的歌♥ 他很勇敢
You know, that's not what the song's about.
但你要知道 这首歌♥表达的不是那个意思
Really?
真的吗
No, it's about how the '80s
是的 它表达的是对很多人来说
were a tough time for a lot of people
80年代是何等艰难的一段岁月
and how the American Dream isn't all it's cracked up to be.
而破碎的美国梦是何等不懈地被坚持着
Fascinating.
那么有深意
Hey, why don't we go grab a couple burgers and,
那何不让我们一边吃几个汉堡
uh, you can tell me more about it?
你可以顺便再告诉我些更多的事
Sure. But I gotta be honest,
没问题 但我得老实说
that's pretty much what every Mellencamp song is about.
几乎约翰·梅伦坎普每首歌♥都是这个主题
But you know what? I'll get my coat.
不过既然你想了解 我这就去拿外套
Anything to help you out.
也许能帮上你
What if he says I'll never sing again?
如果他说我再也不能唱歌♥了呢
I mean, who am I without my voice?
如果我失声了 我就失去了灵魂
I'm just this spoiled, annoying only child...
我就只是个惹人心烦 被宠坏的独生子...
Don't say that.
别这么消极
There's, like, so many awesome things about you.
你看你 你有那么多闪光点
Like?
比如呢
Look, he's not gonna say you'll never sing again.
不会的 他不会说你永远不能再唱歌♥的
Bad news, Rachel, you'll probably never sing again.
坏消息 蕾切尔 你很可能永远不能再唱歌♥了
I'm kidding. You have severe tonsillitis,
我开玩笑的 你得了严重的扁桃体炎
which has resulted in an inner ear infection.
因此导致你内耳感染
剧集 | 欢乐合唱团(2009) | 导航列表