A personal favorite of mine,
一首我的最爱
And Mr. Schuester won't give me a chance to sing it.
而舒斯特先生不给我唱的机会
Why?
为什么
It's traditionally sung by a girl.
这首歌♥习惯上是女生唱的
Well, you sing like a girl.
但你唱得和女生差不多
You know, in a good way.
我是在夸你
Look, Kurt, I don't know how this music stuff works.
科特 我不知道这些音乐方面的事
I'm pretty exclusively committed to my mellencamp collection
我只对梅伦坎普[摇滚歌♥手]情有独钟
But isn't there more crossover nowadays?
但现今社会不是有很多跨界吗
You know, chicks doing construction,
女人搞建筑
Guys wearing dress shoes with no socks?
男人光脚穿鞋
Didn't that girl from your high school
你们学校那个女孩不是
Just join the boy's wrestling team?
加入了男子摔跤队吗
Yes!
太棒了
Yes, but her parents had to sue the school.
是 但她父母把学校告了
This is really getting you down, isn't it?
这真的让你很失落 是吗
I'm full of ennui.
我感到很无精打采
So, it's really getting you down?
所以说 这你真的让你很失落
Yes.
是
You can't discriminate against my kid because of his sex,
你不能因为我孩子的性取向
Religion, political affiliation
宗教信仰 政♥治♥立场
Or the fact that he's queer as a three dollar bill.
像3美元的票子那般稀奇 而歧视他
And I won't accept it.
我不能接受
This isn't academics or athletics, Mr. Hummel.
哈梅尔先生 这不是学术交流或体育运动
It's an arts program and Mr. Schuester's judgments are subjective.
而是艺术项目 舒斯特先生的决定很正确
You put on a blindfold and listen to my kid sing,
你蒙上眼听我儿子唱歌♥
And you will swear you're hearing ronnie spector.
我发誓你们会听到郎尼·斯佩克特
Wait. Don't try to backpedal on this, Schuester.
等等 舒斯特 别想逃避这个问题
I was just going to agree with you.
我正想同意你
I know this is going to be hard on you, Rachel,
蕾切尔 我知道你很难接受这个
But I can't, in good conscience,
但我不能 凭良心说
Preach about the importance of helping Artie
在帮助阿蒂那件事情上说教
And then reject Kurt's request out of hand.
而对科特的要求置若罔闻
So, you're giving him my part?
那你要把我唱的部分给他
Now, I can't just give him the part.
现在我还不能就这么给他
That would be just as wrong, but I can let him audition.
那也一样不对 但我可以给他安排试唱
What do you mean, like a tryout?
你是说选拔赛之类的吗
All right, that seems fair.
好 那应该挺公平的
This is totally unfair. You gave me the part.
这太不公平了 你已经把曲子给我了
And I will give it to you again
我会再给你的
If you can sing the song better than kurt.
如果这首歌♥你能唱得比科特好
Okay, this seems like a reasonable deal.
好吧 这看起来像是个合理的协议
But how do I know this isn't just some show
但我怎么知道这不会仅仅是某种小把戏
To stop me from taking a flamethrower to this place?
好让我停止在这里闹事
Who's going to judge?
谁来做评委
Now, all of you are going to judge,
现在 你们所有人都要参加评判
And in the spirit of full access,
在全部参与的精神下
Each of you is going to get a vote.
你们所有人都要投票
Whatever singer has the most votes,
谁获得了最多的票数
Gets the part.
谁就获得唱这首歌♥的权利
This isn't going to be about talent, Mr. Schuester.
舒斯特先生 这不会是关于才华的比赛
It's going to be a popularity contest.
而是关于受欢迎度的
Stop right there. Mr. Shue, if I may.
别说了 舒先生 可以让我说句话吗
We all know I'm more popular than Rachel.
众所周知 我比蕾切尔更受欢迎
And I dress better than her.
我的衣着也比她得体
But I want you all to promise me that you're
但我要你们答应我
Going to vote for whoever sings the song better.
不管是谁唱得更好 你们都要投票给他
Raise your right hand.
举起你们的右手
Your right hand, Brittany.
布里特妮 你的右手
It's this one. Sorry.
是这只 抱歉
Repeat after me.
跟着我说
I promise to vote for whoever sings the song better.
我保证投票给唱得更出色的人
I promise to vote for whoever sings the song better.
我保证投票给唱得更出色的人
It's on.
准备开始吧
All right, guys.
好了 伙计们
Maybe one of these days you'll find a way to create
也许有一天你能找到
Teaching moments without ruining my life.
不破坏我生活的教育方法
Shue, I saw all your kids in wheelchairs
舒 我看到你合唱团的所有孩子都坐着轮椅
And I was very impressed.
让我很感动
Well, thank you, principal Figgins,
谢谢 费金斯校长
But actually, it's made me realize that there's only
但实际上 这让我意识到
One wheelchair entrance in this school
学校里只有一个轮椅入口
And it's all the way on the far end of campus.
而它在校园很远端
Mckinley needs ramps.
麦金利高中需要过道
No way. Those are what I call "lazy makers."
不能有 那些就是我称之为"让人懒惰"的东西
They discourage our able-bodied students
它们阻止健康的学生
From getting their proper exercise by using the stairs.
通过走楼梯得到充分锻炼
What is she doing here?
她在这里做什么
Yes, what am I doing here?
是啊 我来这里干什么
I have a cheerios routine to polish
我还有一支啦啦队舞蹈要排练
That's gonna clinch us nationals.
那会让我们在全国比赛上夺魁
I brought you two in here
我叫你们两位来
Because both of you have a point.
因为你俩都有道理
Handicapped ramps are expensive,
残疾人专用过道太贵
But inspiration is free.
但是鼓舞人心的东西是免费的
Will, I'm so inspired by your stunt that I'm insisting
威尔 受你的做法启发 我坚持要
That Ms. Sylvester do the same with the cheerios.
西尔威斯特女士的啦啦队员们做同样的事
I beg your pardon?
你说什么
Cheerios is not accessible, Sue.
苏 啦啦队可不容易进
It's by invitation only.
只有通过邀请加入
I want to see a squad
我想看到一支队伍
That reflects our community's diversity.
能反映我们学校的多样性
Now, glee club held open auditions.
现在 欢乐合唱团举♥行♥了公开选人
And everyone got in.
所有人都参与了
Now that Quinn Fabray
既然奎恩·法布蕾
Is off the squad, you will hold open auditions
被剔除了 你应该公开招募一位新队员
To fill her slot
来代替她
And Mr. Schuester
舒斯特老师
Will monitor them to make sure
会来监督他们 以确认
That they are fair to all.
筛选的公正公开
Okay, let me break this down for you here.
好的 让我来好好给你分♥析♥一下
There comes a point
我的观点是
When you've got to stop seeing people for what they look like,
你应该停止去介意他们的外在
And ask them to show you what they can do.
而注重他们的技能
And as soon as a cheerleader
一旦啦啦队员
Rolls herself out onto the field in a wheelchair,
坐着轮椅来到比赛场地
She becomes decidedly less effective at cheering people up.
她也丧失了带动观众情绪这一基本技能
It's just a fact.
这就是事实
No, sue, the fact is you've never given other students
不 苏 事实是你从来不给其他学生
The fair shake that they deserve.
应有的公平机会
I'm asking you to try it.
我要你去尝试一下
What do you have to lose?
这又无伤大雅
Maybe somebody at this school will surprise you.
或许这所学校里藏龙卧虎
These cupcakes suck. that's why we're not selling any.
纸杯蛋糕真难吃 所以我们都卖♥♥不动
It's not about the cupcakes. It's about us.
跟蛋糕无关 是我们的问题
Nobody wants to buy from losers.
没人会向失败者买♥♥东西
We're in glee club and in wheelchairs.
我们参加了欢乐合唱团 还坐着轮椅
She has a point.
她说得对
Six months ago I could've sold
六个月前我可以
50 of these things on fear alone.
单枪匹马卖♥♥五十个
Oh, my god. What is she doing?!
天哪 她在干什么
I actually think they're kind of friends.
我觉得她们看起来像朋友
Brittany is always cheating off her test papers in math class.
布里特妮总是在数学考试时作弊
See, so many?
看 这有这么多
And look how pretty they are, Becky.
看看它们有多漂亮
Brittany, you're supposed to be in your wheelchair.
布里特妮 你应该坐在你的轮椅里的
I lost it.
我的不见了
Are you a cheerleader?
你是啦啦队员吗
It's so cool.
那太酷了
So is buying a cupcake.
买♥♥一块蛋糕也是
剧集 | 欢乐合唱团(2009) | 导航列表