and remind yourself and the court that it is in fact your opinion.
提醒你和法庭上的人那都是你的观点
Your Honor, let's return to the facts.
法官大人 请允许我回到事实上
Mr. Dorfman hold the witness list sealed under a court order.
共有四人掌握法♥院♥指令的证人名单 Dorfman是其中一位
There were carpet fibers found on the tarp covering Ms. Smith's body
在Smith小姐尸体上覆盖的油布 上发现的地毯纤维
that came directly from Mr. Dorfman's law firm.
就来自于Dorfman先生的法律事务所
And in our opinion, he was the only one with anything to gain
而在我们看来 如果她的名字泄露 只有他能受益
if her name got out. This is a vindictive prosecution and should be treated as such.
这是一个报复性起诉 应该这样来定义
In my opinion.
在我看来
The court disagrees, Mr. Gardner, and orders pretrial detention.
法♥院♥不这样认为 Gardner先生 同意进行审前羁押
I'll see you both back here on Wednesday at
周三早上九点再见
9:00 AM for pretrial motions.
进行审前动议
It's their courtyard,
那是他们的地盘 你得按人家的规矩来
you play by their rules. They're so cocky.
他们太狂妄了
It's just another courtroom, and they treat it like St. Peter's.
不就一个法庭嘛 他们把它都当成圣彼得教堂了
Didn't we agree to not take this?
我们不是说好不接这个案子的吗?
We agreed to cut the flowers and paper cups.
不 我们说好去掉献花和纸杯的开销
The least I can do is take the cases I want.
至少我能接我想接的案子
Sure this isn't pride?
你确定这不是面子之争?
Of course, it's pride.
当然是出于面子
What's wrong with pride?
要面子怎么了?
Pride built the pyramids.
有了面子 才有了金字塔
And Watergate.
还有水塔
God, those do look fake.
天 那花看起来够假的
Those are the real ones.
那些是真花呀
Okay, four people had access to that witness list.
好吧 四个人掌握着证人名单
Find out who they were, where it went.
查出他们是谁 去过哪里
Rivers, the court clerk, Dorfman, the judge.
Rivers 法庭助理 Dorfman 法官
Good.
很好
Now, did they or anyone around them leak it?
是他们或他们身边的人泄密了?
Also let's look at the prosecution's assumptions: - the witness in this original case...
也要看看检方的假定 原先案件的证人
Kelli Gerber Smith.
Kelli Gerber Smith
Are we sure she was even actually murdered due to the case?
我们确定她真是因为 这件案子才被谋杀的吗?
And if she was, did the killers need the witness list - to know she was going to testify?
就算是那样 杀手真的需要 证人名单来知道她去作证了吗?
How do we find that out?
我们怎么查呢?
Go to Bishop.
去找Bishop
You want to ask a drug kingpin if he needed a witness list to kill somebody?
你要去问一个大毒枭是否真的 要靠一份证人名单来杀人?
Probably a better way to put it,
可能有更好的方法
but he wants his lawyer out, too,
但理论上 他也想让自己的律师出来
and if he could help steer us towards evidence that would exonerate Dorfman,
如果他能引导我们 找出帮Dorfman免罪的证据
that'd be good.
那当然好
You up for it?
你去找他?
Sure.
没问题
Uh, excuse me.
打扰一下
Mr. Bishop?
是Bishop先生吗?
So you're my lawyer's lawyer?
你是我律师的律师?
Actually, she is.
实际上 她才是
Arms out, ladies.
无可奉告 女士们
It's all right.
没关系
The lawyers are on our side.
律师是我们这边的
Didn't you hear, Tony?
你没听到吗 Tony?
When we were picking sides, they got the cops, we got the lawyers.
选边站时 他们有警♥察♥ 我们有律师
Beautiful horses.
马真美
They're not mine.
它们不是我的
Rich need places to board them.
富人们需要地方圈养它们
One of your legit businesses?
是你正经生意之一?
Hey, I'm all legit these days.
嘿 这段时间我可遵纪守法
Isn't that right?
不是吗?
It is.
没错
So you wanted help with Dorfman?
你们想帮Dorfman?
Good.
很好
I like him.
我喜欢他
Did he show you his rock collection?
他有没有给你们看收藏的石头?
I think he just picked those rocks up off the street.
我以为只是他从街上捡来的
Guy has these rocks from the top peaks.
没想到是从世界各个高峰上收集来的
Everest?
珠穆朗玛峰?
No, not that one yet.
不 还没那个的
Mountain climbing never made much sense to me.
我对登登山毫无兴趣
Bunch of idiots who just need something to do.
傻瓜才去做那些事
But he's a good lawyer.
但他是个好律师
And lucky.
我们很幸运
We didn't go to trial with that witness dying.
因为证人死了我们甚至没去庭审
You mean being murdered.
你是说被谋杀的?
Mr. Dorfman has been accused of leaking the witness's identity, allowing you to murder her.
Dorfman先生被指控泄露证人身份 以便让你谋杀她
Well, as I'm sure you're aware, he didn't do that because I didn't do that.
我相信你很清楚 他没那样做 因为那也不是干的
Right.
是的
But if you could steer us in the direction of what really happened, - I think that could help Mr. Dorfman.
但如果你能指引我们找出事实真♥相♥ 这对Dorfman先生会有帮助
"What really happened"?
"事情的真♥相♥"?
Is there some evidence that points to the murder happening for other reasons?
是否有证据能指出谋杀另有他因?
Reasons that didn't require the witness list.
与证人名单无关的原因
I own a chain of six sporting good stores, four restaurants, ten dry cleaners.
我拥有六家运动用品店 四家餐厅 十家干洗连锁店
I am a businessman.
是个生意人
I don't want you making the same mistake as the government, thinking that,
所以我不想你们和政♥府♥一样误认为
because of the color of my skin, I sell drugs.
因为我的肤色 所以我卖♥♥毒品
Because that would be racism, wouldn't it?
因为那是种族歧视 对吧?
Well, this is an exciting day.
真是令人激动的一天
You wanted to come.
你自己要来的
So...
其实
here's the thing.
情况是这样的
I won't say much, I won't answer questions, but Bishop likes Mr. Dorfman, - thinks he got a raw deal.
我不说太多 不回答问题 但Bishop喜欢Dorfman 认为他受到不公平待遇
We do, too.
我们也有同感
Rivers found the black SUV that carried this dead witness.
Rivers发现一辆黑色SUV 载过这位死掉的证人
Unfortunately, this SUV was never meant to be discovered, so it may not be as clean as one would hope.
不幸的是 这两SUV从未被发现 所以可能有猫腻
Was Dorfman ever in this SUV?
Dorfman曾在这辆SUV上吗?
Again, if there is any attempt to subpoena or question myself or Mr. Bishop, we will deny this.
再次声明 如果传唤或质询我和Bishop先生 我们都会对此否认
But Rivers found the SUV two weeks ago, right after the murder, and he's kept it under wraps ever since.
但Rivers两周前发现了这辆SUV 就在谋杀之后 且他保密至今
Why?
为什么?
Keep it out of your hands.
以防消息落到你们手中
Surprise you at trial.
庭审时杀你们个措手不及
We would advise you to fight its inclusion.
我们建议你们加以利用
Talk about a pact with the devil.
我们和魔鬼谈条件
We're taking trial advice from killers.
从凶手身上听取庭审建议
Objection, Your Honor.
反对 法官大人
This SUV was kept from us intentionally.
对方故意对我们隐藏这辆SUV的信息
The only reason the court knows about it at all is because we brought it up.
我们能知道全因为我们自己的调查
It should be thrown out.
它应该被否决掉
I'll give you some leeway,
Rivers 给你个机会
go ahead.
继续
In addition, Your Honor, we discovered an impression made on the console from a hastily written note. "Gerbre."
另外 法官大人 我们在控制台发现了 张匆忙写下的便条 上面有"Gerbre"的痕迹
This of course was the middle name of the victim, and as you can see the last two letters were inverted.
这当然是受害者的中名 正如你所见 最后两个字母是颠倒的
This clearly matches the accidental inversion made on the witness list.
这显然与证人名单意外的倒置一致
We submit it into evidence.
我们将其作为证据
Objection!
反对!
Again, Your Honor, this evidence was intentionally withheld from us,
法官大人 检方再次 对我们故意隐瞒证据
summarily removed from all exhibit lists, and should be excluded.
请立即撤销所有展示清单 并将其排除
In your opinion.
在你看来?
Yes, in my opinion.
是的 在我看来
While Mr. Gardner and his white-shoe firm may have the resources to process evidence expeditiously,
Gardner和他声名显赫的事务所 有能力迅速处理证据
in our opinion, Your Honor, the federal government does not.
在我们看来 法官大人 联邦政♥府♥没这个能力
Not according to your own lab's time stamp.
不要按照你自己的时间戳
In my opinion, Mr. Rivers was holding on to this key discovery evidence for weeks,
在我看来 Rivers先生 持有该关键证据已有数周
Your Honor, lying to this court about its very existence.
法官大人 并对本庭隐瞒证据的存在
Mr. Gardner is working with old information, in our opinion.
在我们看来 Gardner先生是听从了旧情报
I would submit this revision
我将提交物证室的批文
of the evidence room stamp. Objection.
反对
I'll accept. Continue,
我接受
Rivers. - Thank you.
继续 Rivers 谢谢
I would like... Excuse me, Your Honor, I objected.
我将指出... 抱歉 法官大人 我反对
Yes, I know, Mr. Gardner, and I accepted Mr. Rivers' evidence.
是的 我知道 Gardner先生 我已经接受了Rivers先生的证据
Yes, but you failed to rule.
嗯 但没有裁定
My ruling is implicit, Mr. Gardner.
我暗示性的裁定了 Gardner先生
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表